Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Tbh that a fair opinion .

I wouldn’t say I’m a Sony fanboy (other than light banter with mates since the rest Xbox or pc game )- but I was hoping Microsoft would be able to sway me with the latest gen .

The the last two generations of Xbox have definitely been the better polished consoles but the PS5 just has a certain charm that’s hard to describe . Can’t wait to get an oled tv and put my ps5 to the limit . I’ve had Rachet and clank since last June and still haven’t played it lol .
Honestly, this thing with VRR is the last straw for me. I've had PlayStations since 1996, but I am toying with the idea of now getting the X-Box too and keeping the PS5 for the Sony exclusives I can't do without (TLOU, Horizon Zero Dawn/West etc, etc).

I want to play in Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos... I also want to finally be able to kick my twonk of a brother's a**e at Forza, which he is always crowing about as the best racer ever (his words).

Having read about it extensively last night across the net, I leaning towards it being a Sony issue.

Until it's confirmed, I will continue to talk about it here. If it is indeed a Sony issue, then we should move the conversation to the right thread on the forum accordingly. At least I will, for the sake of other owners that have zero interest in gaming.

The fact Sony aren't utilising Freesync means they've also excluded lots of monitor owners from benefitting from VRR, as well as us Panasonic owners.
Hi

If it is a Sony issue and we get it confirmed, I'll follow you to the necessary thread :) I'm trying to be optimistic and it gets sorted this side of Christmas.

Maybe us Yamaha Amp users will also get an VRR update by then lol.

Thanks

Barry :)

Hi

If it is a Sony issue and we get it confirmed, I'll follow you to the necessary thread :) I'm trying to be optimistic and it gets sorted this side of Christmas.

Maybe us Yamaha Amp users will also get an VRR update by then lol.

Thanks

I have an A4A but, don't run the console through it.

Yamaha's stance, not immediately releasing the VRR update, is now starting to make more sense. Now they know the way both console manufacturers are implementing VRR, they will presumably make a suitable update available accordingly.

Having read about it extensively last night across the net, I leaning towards it being a Sony issue.

Until it's confirmed, I will continue to talk about it here. If it is indeed a Sony issue, then we should move the conversation to the right thread on the forum accordingly. At least I will, for the sake of other owners that have zero interest in gaming.

The fact Sony aren't utilising Freesync means they've also excluded lots of monitor owners from benefitting from VRR, as well as us Panasonic owners.
Let's just hope that nothing will happen afterwards with my a90j haha.. It's perfectly at the moment, Spiderman in performance rt is insane.

I have an A4A but, don't run the console through it.

Yamaha's stance, not immediately releasing the VRR update, is now starting to make more sense. Now they know the way both console manufacturers are implementing VRR, they will presumably make a suitable update available accordingly.
Hi

Now that you mention it, it is all making sense now. Only time will tell as to who is to blame and what will happen. Maybe Yamaha have know about this all along lol.

Thanks

Hi

I've just had a response back from PlayStation Support:

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

Are you connecting your PS5 directly to the TV trough a HDMI fast cable ? If you are using any kind of splitter it will not work.
Does your TV currently have Deep Colours set to on? If so you might want to disable that option and let us know if it does display at 120Hz after.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

The PlayStation Support Team

Still no further forward and another hoop to jump lol.

Hi

I've just had a response back from PlayStation Support:

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

Are you connecting your PS5 directly to the TV trough a HDMI fast cable ? If you are using any kind of splitter it will not work.
Does your TV currently have Deep Colours set to on? If so you might want to disable that option and let us know if it does display at 120Hz after.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Still no further forward and another hoop to jump lol.

If it were me, and I'm anticipating a similar sort of "copy and paste" generic response, I would keep on 'em and reply back, informing Sony your TV is set up correctly for VRR, is capable of VRR up to 120Hz, and indeed works with the X-Box without issue.

It just doesn't work with the PS5.

If it were me, and I'm anticipating a similar sort of "copy and paste" generic response, I would keep on 'em and reply back, informing Sony your TV is set up correctly for VRR, is capable of VRR up to 120Hz, and indeed works with the X-Box without issue.

It just doesn't work with the PS5.
Hi

I'm just replying to their response now, I'll also add what you've said :)

Thanks

Hi

This is my reply to PlayStation Support:

Hi

My Panasonic TX65JZ2000B is connected directly to my PlayStation 5 with an Ultra High Speed 2.1 HDMI Cable which supports VRR 120Hz. A splitter of any kind is not used at all. Disabling Deep Colours, does not make any difference. In the PlayStation 5 Settings, VRR turned On, VRR will only display between 48Hz and 60Hz.

Others that I know that are also effected by this issue, all have the same setup as me.

My Panasonic TX65JZ2000B is setup correctly for VRR and it supports VRR up to 120Hz. I 100% know this as I also have an Xbox Series X, when connected directly to my TV VRR will be displayed and up to 120Hz.

In my opinion, I still think that VRR hasn’t been implemented properly for Panasonic 2000 Series. Can this be escalated and look into again?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Barry McKelvey

Now just sit back and wait to see what PlayStation Supports next response is.

Thanks

Hi

This is my reply to PlayStation Support:

Hi

My Panasonic TX65JZ2000B is connected directly to my PlayStation 5 with an Ultra High Speed 2.1 HDMI Cable which supports VRR 120Hz. A splitter of any kind is not used at all. Disabling Deep Colours, does not make any difference. In the PlayStation 5 Settings, VRR turned On, VRR will only display between 48Hz and 60Hz.

Others that I know that are also effected by this issue, all have the same setup as me.

My Panasonic TX65JZ2000B is setup correctly for VRR and it supports VRR up to 120Hz. I 100% know this as I also have an Xbox Series X, when connected directly to my TV VRR will be displayed and up to 120Hz.

In my opinion, I still think that VRR hasn’t been implemented properly for Panasonic 2000 Series. Can this be escalated and look into again?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Barry McKelvey

Now just sit back and wait to see what PlayStation Supports next response is.

Thanks

Far more eloquent than I Barry. I'd have at least called them SOBs, even if only under me breathe:D

Far more eloquent than I Barry. I'd have at least called them SOBs, even if only under me breathe:D
Hi

Don't worry, the swear jar will be over flowing the longer this issue continues lol.

I was curious and checked my Sony but mine also change to yuv422. Any idea why it's not in rgb anymore?

Edit : that's odd it's only in yuv422 when I am playing a game..when I close it it change back to rgb in video output.

Hi

The latest response from PlayStation Support:

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support regarding HDMI 2.1 VRR .

Can please confirm that you have the HDMI 2.1 firmware fix Panasonic TVs: Firmware fix for HDMI 2.1 VRR & 4K120 install on your Panasonic TX65JZ2000B?

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Yet another hoop to jump through, this is worse than pulling teeth lol. I'll respond back to say yes, I have the latest Firmware Update on my TV, then see what they come back with.

Hi

This was my response, I've attached my screenshots to this post as well:

Hi

Yes I have the latest Firmware Update installed on my Panasonic TX65JZ200B. Firmware Version 3.124, which added HDMI 2.1/VRR/4K 120. As I said in my previous email, my Panasonic TX65JZ2000B supports VRR 120HZ, as it works fine with my Xbox Series X.My PlayStation 5 is stating that my Panasonic TX65JZ2000B will only support 48 - 60Hz VRR, which is incorrect as the TV supports 120Hz VRR. See attached screenshots, showing the current Firmware Update and VRR Toggled On. As also mentioned in my previous email, others with the same setup and same latest Firmware Update are experiencing the same issue as me.

I look forward to your next response.

Kind regards

Barry McKelvey

It will be interesting to see what the next response is from PlayStation Support.

Attachments

• Panasonic TX65JZ2000B Screenshot 001.jpg
    Panasonic TX65JZ2000B Screenshot 001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Panasonic TX65JZ2000B Screenshot 002.jpg
    Panasonic TX65JZ2000B Screenshot 002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 78
Hi

This was my response, I've attached my screenshots to this post as well:

Hi

Yes I have the latest Firmware Update installed on my Panasonic TX65JZ200B. Firmware Version 3.124, which added HDMI 2.1/VRR/4K 120. As I said in my previous email, my Panasonic TX65JZ2000B supports VRR 120HZ, as it works fine with my Xbox Series X.My PlayStation 5 is stating that my Panasonic TX65JZ2000B will only support 48 - 60Hz VRR, which is incorrect as the TV supports 120Hz VRR. See attached screenshots, showing the current Firmware Update and VRR Toggled On. As also mentioned in my previous email, others with the same setup and same latest Firmware Update are experiencing the same issue as me.

I look forward to your next response.

Kind regards

Barry McKelvey

It will be interesting to see what the next response is from PlayStation Support.

Please forgive me everyone as this is an :offtopic: question to Barry...

You appear to have both next-gen consoles; in your opinion, which offers the best gaming experience based on their hardware?

I'm hovering over the purchase button of my basket on Very which has an X-Box in it. Seriously considering having both but, disconnecting the PS5 for now, until such time as Yamaha push the VRR update.

Please forgive me everyone as this is an :offtopic: question to Barry...

You appear to have both next-gen consoles; in your opinion, which offers the best gaming experience based on their hardware?

I'm hovering over the purchase button of my basket on Very which has an X-Box in it. Seriously considering having both but, disconnecting the PS5 for now, until such time as Yamaha push the VRR update.
Hi

I only have an Xbox Series X because Halo will never be on the PlayStation lol. My Xbox Series X is my first ever Xbox purchase. I've now lost my Xbox virginity lol. I like the PlayStation for the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet and Clank.

The Xbox does have some better features, VRR works lol, Dolby Vision. What I like about the Xbox, if you set it up to do so, you can download a game via the Xbox App and it will be installed on your Xbox.

Both consoles have Pros/Cons. I prefer the UI of the PlayStation 5, it's just my personal preference. If I had to make a choice, I'd probably sway more towards the Xbox Series X.

Even when Yamaha release a Firmware Update for VRR, we could still have issues if Panasonic/Song haven't sorted out our issue.

If you get an Xbox Series X and don't like it, don't shoot the messenger lol.

Hi

I only have an Xbox Series X because Halo will never be on the PlayStation lol. My Xbox Series X is my first ever Xbox purchase. I've now lost my Xbox virginity lol. I like the PlayStation for the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet and Clank.

The Xbox does have some better features, VRR works lol, Dolby Vision. What I like about the Xbox, if you set it up to do so, you can download a game via the Xbox App and it will be installed on your Xbox.

Both consoles have Pros/Cons. I prefer the UI of the PlayStation 5, it's just my personal preference. If I had to make a choice, I'd probably sway more towards the Xbox Series X.

Even when Yamaha release a Firmware Update for VRR, we could still have issues if Panasonic/Song haven't sorted out our issue.

If you get an Xbox Series X and don't like it, don't shoot the messenger lol.

I'd never blame you. I already sort of made my mind up to order and try anyway.

Ordered! Will be here tomorrow but, I'll be at the mercy of my family as to when it will be set up as I can't do it (unpacking, lifting etc). Probably at the weekend.

I'd never blame you. I already sort of made my mind up to order and try anyway.

Ordered! Will be here tomorrow but, I'll be at the mercy of my family as to when it will be set up as I can't do it (unpacking, lifting etc). Probably at the weekend.
Hi

Enjoy your new Xbox :) If you enjoy it and keep, and I have any Xbox/Yamaha issues, you'll be my go to guy lol.

I completely understand your dilema, I'm in a similar boat, I'm currently wait for Spinal Surgery.

I'd created this post when I'd got my Xbox Series X, any questions you have, you can post in there:

FYI you can also do this with the Playstation app.
Exactly what I did last week after resetting the PS5. Did it once in bed as if you download everything back on during the day, it hogs all of our bandwidth, despite having 76mbps D/L net.

I just let them download overnight.

Hi

Enjoy your new Xbox :) If you enjoy it and keep, and I have any Xbox/Yamaha issues, you'll be my go to guy lol.

I completely understand your dilema, I'm in a similar boat, I'm currently wait for Spinal Surgery.

I'd created this post when I'd got my Xbox Series X, any questions you have, you can post in there:

Thank you Barry.

Now, back to the JZ2000 thread.

Sorry everyone else.

FYI you can also do this with the Playstation app.
Hi

You can? I never knew you could. Would the PS5 need to be in Rest Mode though?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom