Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Try Setup | Data services application | Privacy settings
May, or may not, be what you need. Page 274 of the manual. Has settings for cookies and do not track etc. That is the only use of the words private or privacy in the manual.
Thank you , yes I’ve fiddled with those settings, the changes don’t seem to affect the iFollow view that I am in private mode. What a shame, I was looking forward to watching on the TV rather than having to link to hdmi on my laptop.

Hi

I've noticed recently that when playing anything on my Panasonic TX65JZ2000B that has Dolby Vision, it's no longer briefly displayed in the top right of the screen. Dolby Atmos gets displayed but not Dolby Vision.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Mine doesn't either but if I press info it does show still. If it's not showing even when you press info there's a setting in the TV display settings to make it show.

Every day after my jz2000 is switched on (from standby), the first press on the volume up button on the remote doesn’t do anything. I have to press it again before the volume increases. Then, it works with the first press all evening.
After the tv is switched to standby and then back on, usually the next day, the same thing happens. The volume up button doesn’t work until the second press.
It then works properly until the next switch off.
Every other button on the remote works with the first press and there are brand new batteries, so this is odd.
I should confirm that the tv is always switched off into standby mode. It is not switched off at the mains socket.
Has any other owner had the same issue?
Thanks.

Mine doesn't either but if I press info it does show still. If it's not showing even when you press info there's a setting in the TV display settings to make it show.
Hi

Thanks, Id eventually went in via Settings and maganged to sort it out.

Can you test something for me please? When I play the Greyhound or Finch for example, I can hear an annoying noise every few seconds. This only happens in the TV's Native Apple TV App, it doesn't happen via the Amazon Fire Stick or Sky Q, so it's obviously the TV's Native App. I just want to see if anyone else is having the issue, if so hopefully Apple will fix it with an App Update.

Thanks in Advance

Every day after my jz2000 is switched on (from standby), the first press on the volume up button on the remote doesn’t do anything. I have to press it again before the volume increases. Then, it works with the first press all evening.
After the tv is switched to standby and then back on, usually the next day, the same thing happens. The volume up button doesn’t work until the second press.
It then works properly until the next switch off.
Every other button on the remote works with the first press and there are brand new batteries, so this is odd.
I should confirm that the tv is always switched off into standby mode. It is not switched off at the mains socket.
Has any other owner had the same issue?
Thanks.
Hi

I get a similar issue, I thought it was just me. I haven't found a way to resolve the issue, as I don't use the TV Remote a lot. I use my Sky Q Remote 99.9% of the time lol.

Mine is worse. Sometimes it doesn't do nothing unless re pairing the remote with the tv. Most certainly it is the BT module.

Thanks for the replies regarding the remote. The salesman in the shop has asked me to take my remote in, so they can try it on the display models. I can’t get in until Thursday, but will report back the findings.
Whatever happens, the remote shouldn’t behave like that in my opinion. Especially considering the price point of the TV.

Hey guys!

I'm on the edge of buying that awesome TV, I've been reading these forums for a long time! Anyone kind enough to give me the exact thickness in millimeters of the stand circular plate please?
As I need to know if my sound bar will fit correctly in front of the tv!

Thanks for the replies regarding the remote. The salesman in the shop has asked me to take my remote in, so they can try it on the display models. I can’t get in until Thursday, but will report back the findings.
Whatever happens, the remote shouldn’t behave like that in my opinion. Especially considering the price point of the TV.
Hi

Hopefully it's just a remote replacement that's needed. Good luck on Thursday :)

Thanks

Hi

Thanks, Id eventually went in via Settings and maganged to sort it out.

Can you test something for me please? When I play the Greyhound or Finch for example, I can hear an annoying noise every few seconds. This only happens in the TV's Native Apple TV App, it doesn't happen via the Amazon Fire Stick or Sky Q, so it's obviously the TV's Native App. I just want to see if anyone else is having the issue, if so hopefully Apple will fix it with an App Update.

Thanks in Advance

I don't use the TV apps so not sure if that happens for me, I use Apple TV via my Nvidia Shield and it doesn't though. Apparently there are a few issues with ATV via the TV though.

Hey guys!

I'm on the edge of buying that awesome TV, I've been reading these forums for a long time! Anyone kind enough to give me the exact thickness in millimeters of the stand circular plate please?
As I need to know if my sound bar will fit correctly in front of the tv!
Between 4mm and 5mm

The fitted rubber feet on mine take the total height to 8mm
I made it 7mm on mine with the feet.
And without the feet?
The OP asked for the thickness of the 'stand circular plate', not the height of the feet and the plate.
Although I'm not following the rationale of getting a JZ2000 and then using with a soundbar (thus covering its own speakers) rather than just getting a JZ1500 and not paying for speakers which are not going to be used.

Last edited:
And without the feet?
The OP asked for the thickness of the 'stand circular plate', not the height of the feet and the plate.

The feet come attached to the plate. You would have to cut them off with a knife otherwise and then it would probably slide all over the show depending on what surface it is sat on.

A Sonos arc fits Infront and that's on the limit of how high it can be, so base that off whatever soundbar they have.

The feet come attached to the plate. You would have to cut them off with a knife otherwise and then it would probably slide all over the show depending on what surface it is sat on.

A Sonos arc fits Infront and that's on the limit of how high it can be, so base that off whatever soundbar they have.
I know, but doing so gives another few mm to play with....

I know, but doing so gives another few mm to play with....

No it doesn't, it actually gives you less to play with.

The soundbar is going in front of the stand, the feet actually raise the stand up slightly, therefore the TV is higher.

Remove the feet, then the TV is lower...

No it doesn't, it actually gives you less to play with.

The soundbar is going in front of the stand, the feet actually raise the stand up slightly, therefore the TV is higher.

Remove the feet, then the TV is lower...
Unless the sound bar is intended to sit over the stand....
Then the size of the possible gap between the bottom of the sound bar and the top of TV stand plate becomes of interest. Remove the stand feet and the stand plate is lower. If the sound bar is completely in front of the stand plate the thickness of the stand plate is immaterial.

Lol not trying to cause an argument, but if the soundbar sits over the stand and you remove the feet it makes absolutely zero difference in the height. Remove the feet then the TV drops down with it, but the soundbar also drops down as it's over the stand. Make the stand even higher, the TV again follows it. Soundbar is still over the stand and makes no difference what so ever.

Plus I doubt anyone is going to destroy the stand and chop feet off.

Would be better to buy a Bontec universal table top pedestal TV stand and use that instead or something similar.

Last edited:
No, it isn’t plain wrong. Your reference to Plex and interfaces isn’t relevant to my point, which was about PQ.

UHD content merely passes through an app. So, whether that be via the TVs built-in apps or a streamer, it cannot be altered and so will look the same.

There is one exception - AppleTV+ via AppleTV.

Only AppleTV is capable of pulling more data from its own servers when accessing AppleTV+ and content purchased via iTunes.

Every other UHD stream from any other content provider will look exactly the same as it would via TVs built-in apps as they draw the same amount of information from the same servers.

You want to waste your money on snappy interfaces, that’s your business. Go nuts.
Also apple supports there devices far longer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom