Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Since the pixel orbitor has been brought up - I have had a question about it :

From my understanding the pixel orbitor shifts the pixels slightly to prevent burn in , correct ? If so does it shift the pixels in the same direction/amount every time ? I imagine constantly shifting pixels to the same place wouldn’t reduce burn in …

It should move the entire image one pixel at a time in all four directions. Not sure how often it's doing it but you can tell which way it's going if you want. Stick something on that is full resolution of the screen and if you look closely, you will notice that one side of the screen (left, right, up, down) it's slightly thicker black bar wise than the rest. If you turn pixel orbiter off, you will notice the screen on that part will extend to fill the gap.

Not very much in my experience. It has an effective anti reflection coating.
A black filter that suppresses the influence of ambient light reflection and improves the tightness of black is used so that you can view high-contrast images even in a bright room such as a living room in the daytime. You can enjoy the excellent black reproducibility and dark gradation expression of the OLED VIERA TV.
高画質 | 4Kダブルチューナー内蔵 有機ELテレビ JZ2000シリーズ | 商品一覧 | 4K液晶・有機ELテレビ ビエラ | Panasonic

Panasonic’s anti-reflective filter is very good. It is identical to those of the Oled models of 2018, 2019 and 2020. The anti-reflective coating manages to dilute most light reflections. The result is among the best on the market, but does not match that of Samsung’s high-end televisions, such as the 65Q85R, Q950TS and 65QN95A, true benchmarks on this point.

Panasonic TX-65JZ2000 review: the best Oled TV is ready for the future

But like all panels it can be reflective you have (spot) lights in a position which can be reflected. For your windows get blinds or curtains if necessary for daylight watching.
hi, I'm actually quite disappointed in the reflections i'm getting on my jz2000. I would like to know what others think. Basically I would describe it as a dark mirror, it reflects everything in the room, it is like there is no coating at all. The issue is not with the light areas of the screen, but the blacks - thus can be seen in the attached picture with the TV off. If you zoom in you can see fine details. (I know this is a bright source, but it is 20 feet away and just a normal lounge light - this is just to highlight the issue). In daytime without any direct light, the reflection will still show up details in the room. Basically the only way to truly 100% enjoy dark/black scenes is at night with all the lights off... i love my pana still, but paying this much on a high-end TV, it does let it down slightly. So key for me... Is this normal? (I've a cheap LCD TV from years ago that has a better anti-ref coating on it - hence wondering if I've a duff example).

Attachments

• reflections.jpg
    reflections.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 169
Hi
I have Sony and thinking of upgrading to HZ2000. As Sony is Android based I am able to install international movie streaming apps. Apart from pre-delivered apps (like Netflix/Prime etc) Is it possible to install other streaming Apps in HZ2000 ? Eg Ahaa or Zee etc

Thank you

Best Regards

hi, I'm actually quite disappointed in the reflections i'm getting on my jz2000. I would like to know what others think. Basically I would describe it as a dark mirror, it reflects everything in the room, it is like there is no coating at all. The issue is not with the light areas of the screen, but the blacks - thus can be seen in the attached picture with the TV off. If you zoom in you can see fine details. (I know this is a bright source, but it is 20 feet away and just a normal lounge light - this is just to highlight the issue). In daytime without any direct light, the reflection will still show up details in the room. Basically the only way to truly 100% enjoy dark/black scenes is at night with all the lights off... i love my pana still, but paying this much on a high-end TV, it does let it down slightly. So key for me... Is this normal? (I've a cheap LCD TV from years ago that has a better anti-ref coating on it - hence wondering if I've a duff example).
I'd say that's pretty normal, I've only got the 1500 but I'm sat looking at mine now with the screen off and relatively dim room lights but I can see most of the room reflected. It's normal to me though, I came from a far more reflective glass fronted plasma TV. I don't really use the TV in daylight either though, I have blackout blinds.

You could try a bias light, that takes reflections away a bit I think (MediaLight is very good and industry standard light wise), or just a lamp placed behind where the TV is rather than in front might help.

Hi
I have Sony and thinking of upgrading to HZ2000. As Sony is Android based I am able to install international movie streaming apps. Apart from pre-delivered apps (like Netflix/Prime etc) Is it possible to install other streaming Apps in HZ2000 ? Eg Ahaa or Zee etc

Thank you

Best Regards

Not 100% sure but I’m doubtful . You may have to look into a streaming device . I use the sky box for South Asian channels, so I’m not entirely sure sorry.

It is rather normal . You have to remember oleds are giving you pure blacks in a way that your lcd might not have done - meaning even with reflection coating - pure black and very dark scenes will still be reflective if in a bright or relatively bright room . ensure you have the brightness sesnor- intelligent sensing turned on a.

Hi everyone and happy New Year !

I'm trying to get the best audio settings from the PS5 connected to the JZ2000, specially when watching 4K Blu-ray like TLOTR and the Hobbit which have Dolby Atmos.
I have no AV receiver unfortunately.

Can you tell me your audio settings ?
Is it useful to enable "3D audio for TV" from the PS5 sound settings ?

Thanks a lot.

I can't hear the top or side sound effect in Dolby Atmos on Netflix. the sound is not magical.

It is rather normal . You have to remember oleds are giving you pure blacks in a way that your lcd might not have done - meaning even with reflection coating - pure black and very dark scenes will still be reflective if in a bright or relatively bright room . ensure you have the brightness sesnor- intelligent sensing turned on a.
Hi, but i'm talking about the comparison with the TV off, so it's only the screen & it's coating I'm comparing between the two. the cheap & old lcd has a coating the defuses a light source (you can still see it, but it is really fuzzy and less bright. On the jz you can see fine details in the reflection, hence wondering what (if any) is on there. But it is hard to compare my set to another jz, hence the question for the forum.... I'll also try to get a picture during the daylight - problem is that my phone camera might not show what the eye sees.... (it's a crap phone at the best of times! lol)

I doubt there’s any concrete evidence so I’m looking for a speculative opinion - would the arrival of QD OLED force Panasonic to drop prices .

The jz2000 is hovering around the the £2k mark . If the LZ2000 releases to that price then I think I can just about get myself to wait for it . But I’m guessing that’s unlikely - and the jz2000 stocks might deplete by the time the newer model releases - meaning I’d have to deal with the LZ2000 inflated MSSRP .

Anyone able to advise ?

I doubt there’s any concrete evidence so I’m looking for a speculative opinion - would the arrival of QD OLED force Panasonic to drop prices .

The jz2000 is hovering around the the £2k mark . If the LZ2000 releases to that price then I think I can just about get myself to wait for it . But I’m guessing that’s unlikely - and the jz2000 stocks might deplete by the time the newer model releases - meaning I’d have to deal with the LZ2000 inflated MSSRP .

Anyone able to advise ?
The LZ won't be the same price at release as the JZ is now or where the JZ may be in a few months.
Playing the wait until last minute to shave a few more pounds of game is prone to risk. The better retailers often go out of stock earlier so while TVs may be around they may be sold by people you normally wouldn't want to buy from....

Anyone able to advise ?

They've only recently just dropped the prices of the JZ1500 and the JZ2000. There might be a small decrease closer to the release of the LZ, but that will be closer to summer and even then I'd expect it to be by a couple of hundred. Your best best is to buy a JZ1500 as with some codes these can be had for £1350 at the moment, then buy a soundbar or speaker system.

For me the Panasonic site is showing the JZ1500 at £1599.99 so is there some separate code to get that down to £1350?

Also, unfortunately looks like the 5 year warranty might now only apply to the LED TVs. The terms and conditions for OLED TV say the promo period ended on 31st Dec. Albeit the Panasonic website still lists the OLEDs as having the free 5 year warranty confusingly.

For me the Panasonic site is showing the JZ1500 at £1599.99 so is there some separate code to get that down to £1350?

Also, unfortunately looks like the 5 year warranty might now only apply to the LED TVs. The terms and conditions for OLED TV say the promo period ended on 31st Dec. Albeit the Panasonic website still lists the OLEDs as having the free 5 year warranty confusingly.

Yeah, they always do that though. Change it every time it needs updating haha. If you click the 5 year warranty symbol on the product page, it will take you into a new document and shows its available until end of March. They will change that again when March comes, just a marketing technique.

As for price, I have a few codes left which can drop it to this. However, drop me a pm but only if will actually purchase a TV not if on the fence.

is it better to set space debugging to automatic or manual? I can't hear the sound of dolby atmos on netflix, top or side! I have OLED on the wall!

Attachments

• A76FF80C-C076-42C1-8460-F2340C8A54D7.jpeg
    A76FF80C-C076-42C1-8460-F2340C8A54D7.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
... well, it is LG Display that applies the anti reflection filter to all oled panels they then dispatch to Panasonic, Sony, Philips etc ... so no wonder they all have about the same (rather bad) reflection rate ...

Here is the JZ1500 reflection rate (in red) (extract from a French site), percentage rate compared to a mirror (25.2% for the JZ1500)

Hi, new owner of JZ2000, delighted with almost everything :)
On the web browser, having trouble logging into my football teams iFollow account. The site keeps responding with a message saying it cannot log me in as I am in private mode. I don’t appear to be in private mode and I have accepted all cookies. Any suggestions please?

Hi, new owner of JZ2000, delighted with almost everything :)
On the web browser, having trouble logging into my football teams iFollow account. The site keeps responding with a message saying it cannot log me in as I am in private mode. I don’t appear to be in private mode and I have accepted all cookies. Any suggestions please?
Try Setup | Data services application | Privacy settings
May, or may not, be what you need. Page 274 of the manual. Has settings for cookies and do not track etc. That is the only use of the words private or privacy in the manual.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom