Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

You have to sort the program order in the main program list. Once you´ve done that you can define the favourite list from that.

It is not comfortable but there is no other way or I have´nt found it so far.

That is three steps backward in the firmware because in previous TV series you just can pick your favourite TV station to the favourite list and sort afterwards there. That procedure was very much faster and easier to go.

It is as it is in our world with many technical devices we have. Minimum in 50% of all cases firmware updates or new developments are in many points a step back. Often I have the impression that the development engineers have no new ideas. The design several steps back will correct again some updates later and they sell it as an improvement. TzTzTzTz ....

Best regards,
Jürgen
Thank you 🙏 I will try this later today.

Very kindly, Avensys in Crawley have matched the price offered by PRCDirect. Hopefully getting mine delivered next week. Upgrading from a DX902b 58" which has served me well.

Dear all, first post on here. I have just purchased a jz2000 and am awaiting delivery this coming week. I am in the market for a subwoofer to add to the system to boost low level bass. My requirements are such that only a small, perhaps 6.5" sub would work for me. I am aware of the Cambridge Audio Minx 201 but does anyone have any other recommendations. In addition, could anyone please explain the best method of connecting the sub to the tv. I'm very new to AV and home cinema so please excuse my naivety. Headphone jack? Thank you in advance.

hi all,

been wanting an OLED TV for some time and am fancying the

Panasonic TX65JZ2000B​

but have query on the HDMI ports available as know only 1&2 have HFR (and believe 2 is also the EARC channel), would run it with my old pioneer received 800 series it has HD sound format but NOT 4k support, also have a XBOX X, ROKU 4K HDR stick aswell and would get the new panasonic 4k player for discs

so without forking out for a new receiver wondering if this TV suitable for me

as think would end up with following scenario

HDMI 1 - XBOX X
HDMI 2 (EARC) - Receiver
HDMI 3 - ROKU 4k HDR
HDMI 4 - panasonic 4k player

would HDMI 3/4 be feasible in this set up or would i loose picture quality/function due to lack of the HDMI 2.1 ???

any help greatly appreciated

or may have to wait until the 2022 model :(

hi all,

been wanting an OLED TV for some time and am fancying the

Panasonic TX65JZ2000B​

but have query on the HDMI ports available as know only 1&2 have HFR (and believe 2 is also the EARC channel), would run it with my old pioneer received 800 series it has HD sound format but NOT 4k support, also have a XBOX X, ROKU 4K HDR stick aswell and would get the new panasonic 4k player for discs

so without forking out for a new receiver wondering if this TV suitable for me

as think would end up with following scenario

HDMI 1 - XBOX X
HDMI 2 (EARC) - Receiver
HDMI 3 - ROKU 4k HDR
HDMI 4 - panasonic 4k player

would HDMI 3/4 be feasible in this set up or would i loose picture quality/function due to lack of the HDMI 2.1 ???

any help greatly appreciated

or may have to wait until the 2022 model :(
Yes hdmi 3 and 4 don’t need hdmi 2.1

Jz2000 sound system
I’m no expert but I have had some very good systems vintage naim linn but as I got older I’ve changed my outlook I’m not from the bigger is better anymore unless you have a dedicated av room so the jz was a perfect tv for me beautiful quality without spoiling my number 1 priority how my front room looks
The sound system is very good for a tv but lacks a velvety midrange and limited low end someone did post a subwoofer transforms this tv he is correct sensible expectations needed
I spent sometime with the rather good wharfdale 150 it was better but not perfect it didn’t for me help mid bass and it didn’t disappear something difficult considering it’s paired to a tv not an av system it’s driver was to big so slow to the tiny tv speakers and in my room a little port noise
So I wanted to find a sub with a more flexible crossover to match the excellent tv controls well done Panasonic I wanted a dial for phase so it could be position in the correct place instead of a switch and portless 8 inch or smaller the minx uses two extra passive radiators which I thought would be fast and tight but not so room filling
The flexibility now with this sub and great tv controls meant I could get a great match the tv sounds really nice the sub has disappeared it’s just like there’s no speakers
Is it as good as a full system no is it better than most soundbars I think getting it set up correctly to your room I’d probably say yes
I should say I like quality bass not room shaking I think some one said they set there sub to Jurassic park T. rex scene that’s a mistake it’s not that low luckily I have a svs test disk with actually tells you the frequency of each scene on the disk very handy anyway hope this helps someone
Brilliant overview on the sound of the jz2000. I have recently purchased the jz2000 and I am awaiting delivery of the minx. May I ask how you connected the minx sub to the TV? Did you use the headphone jack to left and right rca cable? Can you control the volume of the sub from the TV remote? I'm very new to AV so apologies for my naive questions.

Brilliant overview on the sound of the jz2000. I have recently purchased the jz2000 and I am awaiting delivery of the minx. May I ask how you connected the minx sub to the TV? Did you use the headphone jack to left and right rca cable? Can you control the volume of the sub from the TV remote? I'm very new to AV so apologies for my naive questions.
Hi Jim yes 3.5 to two rca then change the mode from headphones to subwoofer
This then gives you subwoofer controls the the default is 200hz I like 160hz to 200hz
You can indeed control the volume of the Subwoofer with the tv remote as you can both on the subwoofer very flexible
So for a starter set sound to auto ai reason it has a louder sound output you can try user mode when your more familiar next find best position and set phase on the minx to suit it’s rotary so you can dial in exactly Don’t turn the subwoofer volume to high if you use a volume level of 30 to 40 on the tv try a third of the volume on the sub and fine tune with tv remote
Every room is different so this is Just a guide

Hi

Does anyone in here have a PlayStation 5 connected to their Panasonic TX55/65-JZ200B and happen to play Call of Duty: Vanguard?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Hi

I went through all of the Picture Viewing Mode options, Intelligent frame Creation is greyed out. Is there a setting that I need turned on to access IFC?

Thanks in Advance

Don't think you can turn it on for games but you shouldn't need it either, what issue are you having?

Game mode disables processing like IFC and 120hz bypass disables even more than standard game mode I think.

Don't think you can turn it on for games but you shouldn't need it either, what issue are you having?

Game mode disables processing like IFC and 120hz bypass disables even more than standard game mode I think.
Hi

I wasn't looking at turning it on in Game Mode. I was just wondering how to turn it on thats all, or can it be turned on if its greyed out?

Thanks in Advance

Ah ok I assumed your post was in relation to the previous one about Call of Duty. I think it possibly depends on the content you're playing at the time you go into the menu as to what options are active. I don't use IFC or BFI but I did notice that it's sometimes greyed out, I didn't dig any further than that though.

Did you try Netflix Calibrated mode? Netflix defaulted to that for me. Looked ok but I felt like the skin tones were slightly off and I ended up using DV Dark at it's default settings (I think anyway, struggling to keep track of what I've changed where now :eek:).
Switched to DV Dark and haven't looked back.

DV Dark on the A90J was unwatchable on most content (in our living room). DV Dark (on every input/source) via the JZ2000 is incredible.

Switched to DV Dark and haven't looked back.

DV Dark on the A90J was unwatchable on most content (in our living room). DV Dark (on every input/source) via the JZ2000 is incredible.

That might be a Sony thing . The DV Dark on my x95J is pretty bad . I’ve resulted to using DV Bright even in a dark room .

Glad to hear Panasonic does a better DV Dark . I just hope The JZ2000 is still in stock when I get around to ordering one lol

Does anyone else with a JZ2000 also have an A4A, A6A or A8A?
Hi

I have an Yamaha RX-A2A and a Panasonic TX-65JZ2000B, allow my amp is away for a repair at the moment :-(

Did you try Netflix Calibrated mode? Netflix defaulted to that for me. Looked ok but I felt like the skin tones were slightly off and I ended up using DV Dark at it's default settings (I think anyway, struggling to keep track of what I've changed where now :eek:).

Excuse the long post, not had chance to catch up on the thread for a while.
Hi

The Netflix Calibrated Mode only shows up when I use the Netflix App on my Panasonic TX-65JZ200B, it doesn't show up when I use Netflix on my PlayStation 5 or Sky Q Box.

I can't seem to see the Dolby Vision Dark Setting :-s

Thanks in Advance

Hi

The Netflix Calibrated Mode only shows up when I use the Netflix App on my Panasonic TX-65JZ200B, it doesn't show up when I use Netflix on my PlayStation 5 or Sky Q Box.

I can't seem to see the Dolby Vision Dark Setting :-s

Thanks in Advance

Netflix calibrated mode is only an option via the TV's native app.

DV Dark and DV IQ should be available on any source outputting DV but, of the two options, DV Dark is the most colour and picture accurate.

I've never failed to be impressed by Amazon Prime's coverage of the footy.

Tonight I'm watching the Watford v Chelsea game and it is peerless and it's not even in UHD. Just amazing picture quality when viewed via the JZ2000.

Panasonic DV Dark is also better then LG DV Dark.

Panasonic has a superiority in DV

Netflix calibrated mode is only an option via the TV's native app.

DV Dark and DV IQ should be available on any source outputting DV but, of the two options, DV Dark is the most colour and picture accurate.
Hi

Is there anything you'd recommend on Disney Plus, Netflix, or Prime Video so I can test Dolby Vision or Dolby Vision IQ?

Thanks in Advance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom