Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

Hi at all,
I'll try my luck in this subforum: While using my PlayStation 5 with the JZ2000 I experience a weird tearing/flicker in the bottom third of the picture. I gave a more detailed report here: JZ2000 + PlayStation 5: Flicker @ 4k 60Hz HDR RGB . I also added a video. It only seems to happen in 4K 60Hz HDR. Did anyone else see something similar? It is very difficult to figure out what is going wrong, it might be the PlayStation, but I do not have another device to test it. Thanks so much for you help!

Does anyone know when we can expect a price drop for the JZ2000?

just ordered the x95J for the main room today . A part of me is excited though another part of me wishes that the room the JZ2000 would be going in was renovated - so I could’ve brought that first.

Not sure if this question was asked before but has anyone experienced the JZ2000 with the ps5’s 3D Tempest audio tech ?

I know that the sound on the Sony x95J isn’t special so I’m wondering whether to buy the official headset or not .

if the jz2000 does a great job of delivering the ps5’s (allegedly) special audio , then I don’t think it’s worth getting a pair of headsets . I’d only have to wait a few months to hopefully hear it on the jz2000

Hi at all,
I'll try my luck in this subforum: While using my PlayStation 5 with the JZ2000 I experience a weird tearing/flicker in the bottom third of the picture. I gave a more detailed report here: JZ2000 + PlayStation 5: Flicker @ 4k 60Hz HDR RGB . I also added a video. It only seems to happen in 4K 60Hz HDR. Did anyone else see something similar? It is very difficult to figure out what is going wrong, it might be the PlayStation, but I do not have another device to test it. Thanks so much for you help!

Without another device it’s difficult to say . Given that the ps5 doesn’t have vrr , I suspect it’s the ps5’s fault .

I think I did come across a YouTube comment saying the same thing as you though I’ve seen other people who haven’t said anything about it at all

I th
Hi at all,

I think the best way to test out yourself would try the exact scenes on 120hz/FPS and compare it to the 60 . If it doesn’t show up on the 120 , I guess it’ll be the tv at fault

Not sure if this question was asked before but has anyone experienced the JZ2000 with the ps5’s 3D Tempest audio tech ?
It seems to depend on the game, overall I have to say that it does not really enhance the 3D experience compared to PCM or Dolby. In some instances, it sounds somewhat muffled. I personally turned it off.

Any of you JZ2000 owners felt the need to add a better separate soundbar, or are you all happy enough with the TV's built in Atmos speaker?

Last edited:
It seems to depend on the game, overall I have to say that it does not really enhance the 3D experience compared to PCM or Dolby. In some instances, it sounds somewhat muffled. I personally turned it off.

Ah okay thank you for sharing .

Hopefully the ps5 headset (I forgot it’s official name ) gets some good discounts . I really don’t want to be spending lots on headphones - since I prefer not wearing them when gaming … but I don’t wanna miss out on the 3D audio

Any of you JZ2000 owners felt the need to add a better separate soundbar, or are you all happy enough with the TV's built in Atmos speaker?
Hi

Currently I'm using the built in speaker, I've not hooked up my AV Receiver yet. I don't notice any difference when watching something that has Dolby Atmos if I'm honest.

Barry :)

Hi

Currently I'm using the built in speaker, I've not hooked up my AV Receiver yet. I don't notice any difference when watching something that has Dolby Atmos if I'm honest.

Thanks. I’m just wondering if folk are more than happy with the TV’s speaker or if it’s not quite as good as they wanted and end up buying a separate.

Thanks. I’m just wondering if folk are more than happy with the TV’s speaker or if it’s not quite as good as they wanted and end up buying a separate.
I have never experienced better built-in speakers before. The sound is well balanced, voices and ambient sounds are really well mixed. It is adding a lot to the overall great experience (except the strange flicker using the PS5 of course)...

I have never experienced better built-in speakers before. The sound is well balanced, voices and ambient sounds are really well mixed. It is adding a lot to the overall great experience (except the strange flicker using the PS5 of course)...
Hi

Do you think the PS5 issue needs fixed on Panasonic's side or Sony's?

Thanks in Advance

Do you think the PS5 issue needs fixed on Panasonic's side or Sony's?
That is the million dollar question so to speak... It might be a faulty GPU or HDMI port on the PlayStation, yet it could also be a failure in the TV's HDMI port or a problem with the MediaTek Chipset. It is strange though, that noone else encountered the problem, so I do not think it occurrs on every JZ2000. Also, I am pretty sure Panasonic thouroughly tested the TV on the PS5, as it is THE major gaming console for the next 5-7 years. I had a Panasonic Plasma TV before, and it did not have the same problems while using the PS5. It could only handle 1080p with no HDR, though. When I switched to the JZ2000, I do not remember the problem being there from the get go, but I could not say hat for certain...

That is the million dollar question so to speak... It might be a faulty GPU or HDMI port on the PlayStation, yet it could also be a failure in the TV's HDMI port or a problem with the MediaTek Chipset. It is strange though, that noone else encountered the problem, so I do not think it occurrs on every JZ2000. Also, I am pretty sure Panasonic thouroughly tested the TV on the PS5, as it is THE major gaming console for the next 5-7 years. I had a Panasonic Plasma TV before, and it did not have the same problems while using the PS5. It could only handle 1080p with no HDR, though. When I switched to the JZ2000, I do not remember the problem being there from the get go, but I could not say hat for certain...
Hi

My previous TV was a Panasonic TX-P55VT30B (Plasma TV), no isses noticed whilst using the PS5. When I get my PS5 hooked up, I'll let you know if I have issues or not. Although, my PS5 will be hooked up to a Yamaha RX-A2A, rather than differently to the TV.

Thats reassuring to know its a good speaker and not a gimmick, thanks.

Hi

Interesting about the Atmos, thanks.

When I get my PS5 hooked up, I'll let you know if I have issues or not. Although, my PS5 will be hooked up to a Yamaha RX-A2A, rather than differently to the TV.
Thank you! I did not get hands on a second PS5 yet. As it only happens with my PS5, I ll send it in to check if there is a problem on the console's side.

hello, can anyone tell me which are the best picture settings for watching a panasonic jz2000 55 inch in a darkened room ?
best regards,
frans callebaut

hello, can anyone tell me which are the best picture settings for watching a panasonic jz2000 55 inch in a darkened room ?
best regards,
frans callebaut
I've moved this post here, you an also read, and or search this thread for answers.

Have been weighing up the differences between getting the JZ2000 or the JZ1500 plus a separate soundbar. The JZ1500 is typically £300 less, which could go towards a soundbar, but how good would the soundbar need to be to be better than the JZ2000 speaker? Would I have to spend a lot more than the £300 to better it?

I like the convenience of the JZ2000 having a built in speaker, but I prefer the looks of the JZ1500 without one.

Have been weighing up the differences between getting the JZ2000 or the JZ1500 plus a separate soundbar. The JZ1500 is typically £300 less, which could go towards a soundbar, but how good would the soundbar need to be to be better than the JZ2000 speaker? Would I have to spend a lot more than the £300 to better it?

I like the convenience of the JZ2000 having a built in speaker, but I prefer the looks of the JZ1500 without one.
What I read I guess you would have to buy something like the Sonos Arc. But the Arc costs a lot more than 300 …

I just searched the thread for 'power lead' and didn't get a result.

Would somebody please be kind enough to confirm if the power lead is fused to the TV? If so, would you happen to know a rough length please?

Thank you in advance.

I've had an A90J since launch, had nothing but trouble with it and I've had enough. Retailer has offered to swap for a JZ2000, although, TBH, I don't need the soundbar functionality.

I just searched the thread for 'power lead' and didn't get a result.

Would somebody please be kind enough to confirm if the power lead is fused to the TV? If so, would you happen to know a rough length please?

Thank you in advance.

I've had an A90J since launch, had nothing but trouble with it and I've had enough. Retailer has offered to swap for a JZ2000, although, TBH, I don't need the soundbar functionality.
Hi, I've found that the power lead is more than 2.5 meters long and fused to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom