Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

I fancy getting a JZ2000 and I'm drawn to its Technics tuned Soundscape speakers so I don't have to have a separate sounder.

But are the speakers really that good or more of a gimmick, and would a separate sounder achieve better sound?
Well, for a flatpanel, the sound system is really rather good. But you will be able to get a better sound, depending of what you are buying.

Well, for a flatpanel, the sound system is really rather good. But you will be able to get a better sound, depending of what you are buying.
Thanks. It would be going in our main living room where the whole family would be using it, and I know none of them will be wanting to switch on separate speakers for audio, unless any such speaker came on automatically when turning on the TV or Sky Q box. Not sure what that feature is called but I know the Sky Q box has it, and turns on out TV?

I fancy getting a JZ2000 and I'm drawn to its Technics tuned Soundscape speakers so I don't have to have a separate sounder.

But are the speakers really that good or more of a gimmick, and would a separate sounder achieve better sound?

Hopefully , someone can double confirm - but from all my research into the tv - the speakers match that of a entry level sound system at least …

I’d also like to see people’s opinions on this as I’m wondering the same thing

Hopefully , someone can double confirm - but from all my research into the tv - the speakers match that of a entry level sound system at least …

I’d also like to see people’s opinions on this as I’m wondering the same thing
They are very good for TV speakers.
I had a Sky engineer come the other day he said your TV has good sound.
I am pleased with them

It depends what you mean by 'entry level sound system'. My impression from reviews of previous 2000 models is that the in-built sound is very good - it should match that of a decent soundbar plus it has the added benefit of the 'height' speakers at the top-rear of the screen for Atmos-type effects, but it's not going to match a good quality, dedicated surround system consisting of separate speakers. Placing separate speakers either side of a screen will always give you better stereo separation and surround from an actual set of rear (or ceiling) speakers will sound better than anything simulated.

That said, for those wanting an upgrade on a TV's usual sound with the least amount of hassle, not wanting the extra expense of a dedicated surround system or for those who don't have the room for separate speakers, the inbuilt sound from the 2000 models will be far better than a standard TV's own speakers (and presumably that from a cheap soundbar) and simulated surround sound will be better than not having any at all. If you want true cinematic sound, then adding a subwoofer to your set-up would be good option - this is a common upgrade for many 2000 series owners.

In lieu of the JZ2000 review, you could check out the comments about the HZ2000's audio quality at the end of the AV Forums review to give you an idea of what to expect on the JZ2000.

Last edited:
Had my GZ2000 replaced by Panasonic with a JZ2000, due too many pixels being dead suddenly.
Received one week ago, everything ok for the time being. HDR pictures are more punchier and BFI works very well with sport contents.
Still have to take some measures in order to calibrate it but Pro2 and Filmmaker modes look so close to reference I'm not in hurry to do it. :)

The John Lewis engineer visited. He stayed for barely 5 minutes. He agreed there was a pink tint, and said he'll find out if it can be fixed. If not, I'll be given a replacement. 7 to 14 days.
I received the TV back today, and it has been repaired well. They replaced the screen and tested it first. I don't need to run it in again, so I'm happy. The company was ICTV in Basingstoke

Tomorrow fingers crossed I will be the owner of jz2000 I do have Phillips 935 and q95 QLED and did have kuro 600m it died all great well the kuro was amazing but I wanted to say I have used the Compton Moore calibration service if any one is interested to know my findings I’m very honest I see good and bad in all the previous TVs I’ve had and would not say one was better than the other just different
What I can say is up to now that service is excellent two phone calls from the engineer asking a fair amount of questions regarding my set up etc what We agreed he’s going to do lighting paperwork panel checks before calibration etc and shop delivery not courier I guess I will have to wait and see

If one has an av atmos receive with a 5.1 separate speaker system can it utilise the tv atmos speakers independently for the higher channels?

If one has an av atmos receive with a 5.1 separate speaker system can it utilise the tv atmos speakers independently for the higher channels?
Don't think so if you mean send the AVR the audio and then have the AVR send back atmos to the TV atmos speakers.

I was thinking such; then probably better getting jz1500.

Any other reason to get jz2000 over the jz1500?

I was thinking such; then probably better getting jz1500.

Any other reason to get jz2000 over the jz1500?
An additional 500 on the model number for a bargain approx £400 extra...;)

Hi

I recently picked up the 65 inch verion of this TV. I'm having repeated issues with using either Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. When I setup either and press the mic button on the remote, everything works as intended. When I switch the TV off or have it in standy and then turn it on, press the mic button on the remote and nothing happens. I go to Main Menu>Setup>Voice Control, I have to set it up again. This will only work until I turn off the TV or put it in standby, then repeat the process everytime I turn the TV on. I've reset the TV twice and still face this issue.

I'm on the latest TV Firmware. Anyone able to help resolve this or facing the same?

Thanks in Advance

Barry

Hi

I recently picked up the 65 inch verion of this TV. I'm having repeated issues with using either Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. When I setup either and press the mic button on the remote, everything works as intended. When I switch the TV off or have it in standy and then turn it on, press the mic button on the remote and nothing happens. I go to Main Menu>Setup>Voice Control, I have to set it up again. This will only work until I turn off the TV or put it in standby, then repeat the process everytime I turn the TV on. I've reset the TV twice and still face this issue.

I'm on the latest TV Firmware. Anyone able to help resolve this or facing the same?

Thanks in Advance

Barry
Did you use your mobile phone with google ?

Did you use your mobile phone with google ?
Hi

Yes, I had to complete the setup on my iPhone. I also did the same to setup Amazon Alexa.

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Hi

Yes, I had to complete the setup on my iPhone. I also did the same to setup Amazon Alexa.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Barry I to used iPhone it works fine I did pair my remote Bluetooth again before I did it

Hi Barry I to used iPhone it works fine I did pair my remote Bluetooth again before I did it
Hi

I've just Paired my TV Remote via Bluetooth, setup Google Assistant again. It was working fine, put the TV in standby, brought it out of standby and now its not working again :-(

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hi

I've just Paired my TV Remote via Bluetooth, setup Google Assistant again. It was working fine, put the TV in standby, brought it out of standby and now its not working again :-(

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• F70A109D-D4B3-4725-BCBC-1DD4523AE959.jpeg
    F70A109D-D4B3-4725-BCBC-1DD4523AE959.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 108
Do you see this on your iPhone
Hi

Yes my TV shows in the Google Assistant App. See attached file. When I press the mic button, nothing is happening :-(

Thanks in Advance

Barry

Attachments

• IMG_0016.png
    IMG_0016.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 71
Tomorrow fingers crossed I will be the owner of jz2000 I do have Phillips 935 and q95 QLED and did have kuro 600m it died all great well the kuro was amazing but I wanted to say I have used the Compton Moore calibration service if any one is interested to know my findings I’m very honest I see good and bad in all the previous TVs I’ve had and would not say one was better than the other just different
What I can say is up to now that service is excellent two phone calls from the engineer asking a fair amount of questions regarding my set up etc what We agreed he’s going to do lighting paperwork panel checks before calibration etc and shop delivery not courier I guess I will have to wait and see

Good luck - I hope it all goes well .

Hi

Just out of curiousity, with eArc do I still need to put the TV into Hotel Mode, so the TV starts up on HDMI 2?

Would Hotel Mode be causing the issue that I've explained above?

Thanks in Advance

Hi

Just out of curiousity, with eArc do I still need to put the TV into Hotel Mode, so the TV starts up on HDMI 2?

Would Hotel Mode be causing the issue that I've explained above?

Thanks in Advance

No. TV will start using the same HDMI as it had when switched off.

No. TV will start using the same HDMI as it had when switched off.
Good luck - I hope it all goes well .
This tv is so different it’s very plasma like reminds me of my kuro even the huge clunk of the power relay when switching on
There’s no wow factor here it’s just so smooth natural the colours are so accurate and there’s endless grades to them I understand reviewers explanation saying organic it won’t wow at first like the Sony or Samsung but it’s a re education it’s taking a different approach put it in dynamic to see how bright it goes yet in the accurate or my calibration modes it seems it hardly uses it like a engine with power to spare I’ve seen non of the problems mentioned
Pink tint on white slide is fine you have to be in dynamic and even then be at right angle to even see anything calibration modes it’s great
Gaming 4K 120hz is so smooth wow Vincent’s settings x series
Os is lighting fast which suits me as I use new Apple TV which works and looks far better than any tv apps I’ve seen
I think this tv will get better and better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom