Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

PGYEOMANS73

Standard Member
Brilliant overview on the sound of the jz2000. I have recently purchased the jz2000 and I am awaiting delivery of the minx. May I ask how you connected the minx sub to the TV? Did you use the headphone jack to left and right rca cable? Can you control the volume of the sub from the TV remote? I'm very new to AV so apologies for my naive questions.
Hi - I know this was an old post, but I wondered how you got on with the Minx and your JZ2000? I have finally taken the plunge and just bought the Minx which I've now attached to the TV. I'm not very technically minded though so am slightly confused what settings I should have on the sub itself (via the various rotary dials) and also the best settings on the TV.

Any advice/thoughts would be most welcome and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Barney Gumble

I think that's a bit unfair. People have been engaging in such "nefarious activity" long before the Shield existed. The Shield is a lot more than that.
It wasn’t a dig, merely an observation so please don’t be offended.

Some may use the shield for that reason and I mentioned it given the fact the forum member having issues with the TV and the shield mentioned files and Dolby Vision in the same sentence.

If he isn’t accessing content illegally, please name one content provider that gives the end user, not only access to raw files but, also permission to cast them around your home?

I will never understand why some people would spend so much on a TV and then feed it the poorest quality content by way of pirated material. I also have zero interest in attempting to assist anyone that does.

stephentw

Someone who rips their blu rays/UHD's to files losslessly so as to keep the full quality of the disc but have the convenience of streaming them? You can run a personal plex server via the shield internally to your own home network. Many forum members do this. Doesn't really bother me changing a disc but I get that it's a good option for many.

Barney Gumble

Someone who rips their blu rays/UHD's to files losslessly so as to keep the full quality of the disc but have the convenience of streaming them? You can run a personal plex server via the shield internally to your own home network. Many forum members do this. Doesn't really bother me changing a disc but I get that it's a good option for many.
So, that would take some effort to bypass the copyright protection as you can't just pop a disc in a PC and rip it, it doesn't work like that. And copying discs still isn't legal, even if only for yourself.

Like you, I still purchase discs and use a UHD player. It's no hardship and less hassle over taking the time to rip a disc. And if you have a disc, watch it in the room you're in.

I have my suspicions as to certain peoples motives, I want no part of it.

Barney Gumble

And so is ripping your own music CDs….

Honestly, the laws are so far behind the times.

HB
Compact discs are not copyright protected to the same degree as a medium that holds film and TV. They are protected by similar laws of course but, content providers don't go to the same lengths to prevent the end user from ripping it.

Anyone that thinks people are going to the lengths to break that copyright encoded on film discs and reproduce it for their own entertainment is naive at best. That isn't what (most) people are using the shield for when they use it as a server.

The law isn't behind, piracy has always been illegal. It's people that aren't familiar with the law that are behind.

meatball80

Novice Member
Hello everyone, after watching Vincent's video, HDTVtest

I was wondering if the panasonic was also affected by this disorder of brightness decreasing over time.

Do any of you know how to access the service menu in the panasonic Jz2000?

I own the JZ2000 and frankly sometimes I can feel that the brightness drops, but I'm not so sure, and I would like to find out if it is possible to access the menu to check if there is an option similar to the one shown in Theo's video

HeadBanger

The law isn't behind, piracy has always been illegal. It's people that aren't familiar with the law that are behind.
It is illegal to duplicate copyrighted CDs too.

I don’t agree - the law is way behind the times. Physical media is not what modern technology uses. You may still but that does not make everyone that doesn’t a criminal.
HB

Last edited:

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

Those of you that have the PlayStation 5, ALLM has been added in todays lastest PlayStation 5 Firmware Update:

PS5 System Software Update 22.01-05.50 Patch Notes Today (July 7)

Hopefully that feature works ok for us :) I can't test it out at the moment, as I have my PlayStation 5 connected via my Yamaha RX-A2A.

Those of you that have your PlayStation 5 connected directly to your Panasonic JZ20000's, can you confirm if it works as expected?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Ashketchup

Hi

Those of you that have the PlayStation 5, ALLM has been added in todays lastest PlayStation 5 Firmware Update:

Hopefully that feature works ok for us :) I can't test it out at the moment, as I have my PlayStation 5 connected via my Yamaha RX-A2A.

Those of you that have your PlayStation 5 connected directly to your Panasonic JZ20000's, can you confirm if it works as expected?

Thanks in Advance

The PS5 already supported ALLM, this update just adds the ability to disable it. You might want to do this if you use your PS5 as a Blu-ray/media player, for example, because ALLM automatically engages game mode on your TV, which sacrifices some picture enhancements and settings to achieve the lowest possible input lag. Useful for games, not so much for movies and TV where you want the best possible picture and don't care about input lag.

urzal

Standard Member
Hi

Thanks in Advance

Hello Barry,
I have he PS5 connected to the TV.
But my TV does not detect the ALLM… I am waiting for the VRR update as it only does up to 60Hz… maybe the new update will also enable the ALLM…
Any thoughts?

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

Panasonic HK seem to have released a Firmware Update on 12-07-2022.

It looks like the UK hasn’t had the same Firmware Update released:

@Barney Gumble @stephentw Can you guys check your TV’s to see if you’ve had the update? Maybe Panasonic UK haven’t updated the webpag.

I can’t check, as I’m currently away from home at the moment.

Thanks in Advance

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

I spoke with Panasonic UK Customer Support this morning via Chat.

Theres been no change since the last time I’d contacted them, the PS5 VRR 120Hz issue is still being investigated at the factory.

I’d let them know that Panasonic HK had released a Firmware Update to address the issue.

They said they’d raise another ticket, and get back to me by the end of the week.

Lets hope we get some good news.

I‘ll update once I get a response.

Barney Gumble

Hi

Panasonic HK seem to have released a Firmware Update on 12-07-2022.

It looks like the UK hasn’t had the same Firmware Update released:

@Barney Gumble @stephentw Can you guys check your TV’s to see if you’ve had the update? Maybe Panasonic UK haven’t updated the webpag.

I can’t check, as I’m currently away from home at the moment.

Thanks in Advance

No update.

It isn't unusual for an update to be released in stages. For a start, it give the manufacturer the opportunity to receive feedback, good and bad, if they release it to a smaller market first before releasing it upon the world.

Assuming it is the update relevant to the issue with VRR and not released to address a localised issue, pertinent to HK/Asia.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
No update.

It isn't unusual for an update to be released in stages. For a start, it give the manufacturer the opportunity to receive feedback, good and bad, if they release it to a smaller market first before releasing it upon the world.

Assuming it is the update relevant to the issue with VRR and not released to address a localised issue, pertinent to HK/Asia.
Hi

@Oriental man live in Elsa confirmed it addresses the VRR issue here:

Barney Gumble

Someone in the main JZ thread confirmed it fixes the PS5 120 issue but hasn't got an Xbox to test that.
I have both, but only the X-Box set up at the moment as I loaned my PS5 to a friend. I don't want it back until TLOU is released in September.

So, I'm in a position to check the X-Box, once the update arrives. @BarryMcKelvey also has both though.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
I have both, but only the X-Box set up at the moment as I loaned my PS5 to a friend. I don't want it back until TLOU is released in September.

So, I'm in a position to check the X-Box, once the update arrives. @BarryMcKelvey also has both though.
Hi

TLOU??

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
The Last of US remake. My favourite ever game, pre-ordered. I'll be sat waiting to play it day one.

I can't wait for the remake, despite playing it more than any other game and I'm excited for the series, due in January (allegedly).
Hi

Ah yes, I’d played TLOU 1 and 2. Enjoyed both of them :)

Is the remake going to be much different from the original? I’m currently playing Horizon Forbidden West :)

It will take me weeks to complete lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published