Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Atmos should should show up as you have your fire cube connected to an hdmi input on the TV it doesn't matter if its passed through to a avr or not as long as its connected to a hdmi input on the TV. On my 65 inch GZ if my firestick is connected to my avr the tv gives no notifications but if its connected directly to the tvs hdmi port you get dolby Atmos, hdr10+ and dolby vision notifications
Seen on my JZ2000 and Firestick just now playing prime DD+ atmos connected to HDMI 3. Denon X8500 connected to HDMI 2 (Earc port)
  1. Atmos indication shown on TV if AVR is on and TV sound setup is set to TV. Earc is not being used. Audio plays on TV
  2. No atmos indication shown on TV if AVR is on and TV sound setup is set to Home Cinema, Earc is being used. Audio plays from AVR

Last edited:

dion 6

Seen on my JZ2000 and Firestick just now playing prime DD+ atmos connected to HDMI 3. Denon X8500 connected to HDMI 2 (Earc port)
  1. Atmos indication shown on TV if AVR is on and TV sound setup is set to TV. Earc is not being used. Audio plays on TV
  2. No atmos indication shown on TV if AVR is on and TV sound setup is set to Home Cinema, Earc is being used. Audio plays from AVR
This is Jack Ryan season 1 set to home cinema connected to my avr with arc

Attachments

• 20220102_182825.jpg
    20220102_182825.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 87

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
This is Jack Ryan season 1 set to home cinema connected to my avr with arc
In that case my JZ2000 (and thus the OPs TV) would appear to show flags differently to your GZ
Does the GZ have Earc? or just arc?

Another difference of course is that the JZ2000 earc port is HDMI 2.1 vs HDMI 2 in the GZ but that is likely a red herring.

dion 6

In that case my JZ2000 (and thus the OPs TV) would appear to show flags differently to your GZ
Does the GZ have Earc? or just arc?

Another difference of course is that the JZ2000 earc port is HDMI 2.1 vs HDMI 2 in the GZ but that is likely a red herring.
It just has arc but I would have thought it would flag up the same seems strange

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
It just has arc but I would have thought it would flag up the same seems strange
On a bit more changing of settings Sound HDMI output on auto or passthrough setting shows no atmos flag on TV. I would have expected passthrough to force bitstream of the soundtrack as the auto settings switches between PCM and bitstream. On Dolby setting the TV does show atmos flag.

From Panasonic UHD player settings bitstrean is the required setting for atmos passthrough but looking at my AVR audio selection I get DDatmos/DDSur for TV auto or bitstream setting, but Dolby Atmos for TV Dolby setting. As Dolby Atmos is the atmos indication for my ATV (which I usually use) it looks like the Dolby setting is the correct one to both get atmos and atmos indicator shown on the TV.

From the manual
Pass Through:
When the TV speakers are active, Dolby Audio is output as Dolby Audio Bitstream. Other digital audio output signals are output as PCM. When the sound is delivered from theatre speakers, the input signal is output as it is with pass-through method.
Dolby Audio:
When the TV speakers are active, Dolby Audio is output as Dolby Audio Bitstream. Other digital audio output signals are output as PCM. When the sound is delivered from theatre speakers, Dolby Audio is output with transcoding method.

A choice of output as-is vs output with transcoding method :confused:
As it is = input signal of DD+ Atmos, so what is the transcoding method referred to?

@hammer man change HDMI Audio Format in Sound settings to Dolby to see atmos banner shown.

Last edited:

hammer man

Thanks again for advice. Just for info, the AV receiver is not being used at the moment. It’s wired up and working but switched off as I wanted to know what it’s going to be like with just the tv speakers eventually. Cube is hardwired to HDMI 1.
I’ll have another go tomorrow with all suggestions and see what happens.👍

yourboylollipop

Seems the LZ2000 is gonna have a lot more gaming features .

I’m guessing , they won’t be coming to the jz2000 via a software update ? Anyone know if my guess is sound ?

stephentw

Didn't look all that different to me, lower input lag was the biggest one I think? The only other thing I remember was the gaming overlay if I'm not missing anything. Talk about VRR and 120hz out of the box but the JZ series support that now too. LZ still only support DV up to 60hz. It sounded like a very similar TV to the JZ but with a 77" version and a few minor changes but maybe I'm trying to defend my JZ purchase 😅

Snowfire

Didn't look all that different to me, lower input lag was the biggest one I think? The only other thing I remember was the gaming overlay if I'm not missing anything. Talk about VRR and 120hz out of the box but the JZ series support that now too. LZ still only support DV up to 60hz. It sounded like a very similar TV to the JZ but with a 77" version and a few minor changes but maybe I'm trying to defend my JZ purchase 😅

Well just seems a few extra game features and the speakers is their main point this time round. Like you said with the 77" probably going to be one of the bigger pushes and will look superb at that size! Might be some form of small brightness increase, but realistically it's probably using same chip and same panel again.

clived

Anyone having an issue with the Apple TV app - it won’t start up, just sits on the Apple logo. Using Firestick as a workaround but slightly annoying.

Sedly

prosím všichni majitelé jz2000, podívejte se prosím na spodní lištu zvuku, jestli máte uvnitř i výlisky po přejetí prstem! mělo by to být takhle? děkuji

lynx

Senior Moderator
You may get a response if you could post in English.

WarHog

prosím všichni majitelé jz2000, podívejte se prosím na spodní lištu zvuku, jestli máte uvnitř i výlisky po přejetí prstem! mělo by to být takhle? děkuji
Translated from Czech...

please all owners of jz2000, please look at the bottom bar of the sound, if you have inside the moldings after swiping your finger! should it be like this? Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Support AVForums with Patreon