Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

MJeeves7

Hi

I'm a huge Apple fanboy, although I don't have the new Apple TV. I remember watching a YouTube Video, the YouTuber said the Amazon Fire Stick was better for picture and sound, thats why I'd got the new Amazon Fire Stick Max instead of the new Apple TV.

Barry :)
I've got the Amazon FireStick MAX on order... I nabbed the Black Friday price.
Hope to use it with my JZ2000 - when I get around to ordering it.
I did hope the JZ2000 would drop in price more over the past week or so... but no such luck.
Might wait for New Year now. Was gonna gift myself when COVID was over... but that looks a way off now.

Barney Gumble

Try Netflix select a hd video see what preset the tv selects try 4K video then 4K hdr and Dolby vision every you want it to select rec 709 2020 etc etc
Do not believe you tubers no one offers support and updates like apple
But, unless you watch entirely AppleTV+ content via ATV or simply must have Atmos via Disney+, there’s not only no benefit to ATV, there’s no benefit to a dedicated streamer over the TV’s built-in app as a 4K stream is a 4K stream.

This is a fact, proven by Rasmus over at Flatpanels HD.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Does anyone know how to access the Service Menu that shows how many hours have been clocked up on the TV?

Thanks in Advance

yourboylollipop

I've got the Amazon FireStick MAX on order... I nabbed the Black Friday price.
Hope to use it with my JZ2000 - when I get around to ordering it.
I did hope the JZ2000 would drop in price more over the past week or so... but no such luck.
Might wait for New Year now. Was gonna gift myself when COVID was over... but that looks a way off now.

If you’re looking at a 55 inch - I believe Martin Dawes have it for £1999 - about £500+ cheaper then it was at release . That’s the cheapest I’ve come across so far but it would be nice to be a bit lower 😂

Can’t say whether they’re a reliable retailer as I’ve not used them myself .

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Hi

Does anyone know how to access the Service Menu that shows how many hours have been clocked up on the TV?

Thanks in Advance

You don't need the service menu for that.
As noted in the 1st post of this thread:.
Check TV hours of use: Menu | Help | System Information. Status 4 first two fields show number of hours on, and number of power ons.

Prefix varies by hours of use
A = 0-99 hours
B = 100-199 hours
C = 200 and over hours

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I've never failed to be impressed by Amazon Prime's coverage of the footy.

Tonight I'm watching the Watford v Chelsea game and it is peerless and it's not even in UHD. Just amazing picture quality when viewed via the JZ2000.

Really? The detail looks good but I think its at the wrong frame rate somehow? I'm watching on the built-in app. Its fine for films and TV stuff but sport just looks wrong on it to me.

scarie

But, unless you watch entirely AppleTV+ content via ATV or simply must have Atmos via Disney+, there’s not only no benefit to ATV, there’s no benefit to a dedicated streamer over the TV’s built-in app as a 4K stream is a 4K stream.

This is a fact, proven by Rasmus over at Flatpanels HD.
Well the first thing is why wouldn’t you ?
There are many 4 k streams 4K 4K hdr dv hdr10plus each one I have calibrated the same as changing a disk on 4K Blu-ray I want it to set the correct tv calibrated preset in fact my favourite part of this tv is 1080p rec709 calibrated I’m in awe how organic and beautiful it looks the Apple TV with hdmi 2.1 gives the perfect working solution

BarryMcKelvey

You don't need the service menu for that.
As noted in the 1st post of this thread:.
Check TV hours of use: Menu | Help | System Information. Status 4 first two fields show number of hours on, and number of power ons.

Prefix varies by hours of use
A = 0-99 hours
B = 100-199 hours
C = 200 and over hours
Hi

Thanks :) I've currently got 778 hours clocked up. I'll look into getting it calibrated in the New Year, if things go well :)

Thanks

jed1982

Standard Member
On my second day with this TV and I am noticing quite a bit of blooming/halo affect around bright objects. Is there anything I can do in the setting to get rid of this or have I got a bad panel.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
On my second day with this TV and I am noticing quite a bit of blooming/halo affect around bright objects. Is there anything I can do in the setting to get rid of this or have I got a bad panel.
A photo of what you are seeing would help. It may be in the content itself.

jed1982

Standard Member

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_210340.jpg
    IMG_20211202_210340.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20211202_210355.jpg
    IMG_20211202_210355.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 69

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
That look more like posterisation/banding to me than blooming/halo.
What is the content? Are you seeing it with everything or just the one you photographed?
How many hours use? and number of pixel compensation cycles? (see Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread for where to find the info)

jed1982

Standard Member
Thanks wasn't to sure what it was called to be honest but now you have put that and looked it up its definitely posterisation. I am seeing it on a lot of content now that I have noticed it, this was on itv HD on a sky q box but I did first noticed it while watching a 4k hdr demo clip on YouTube through the TV app. It has 13 hours and 2 compensation cycles.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Thanks wasn't to sure what it was called to be honest but now you have put that and looked it up its definitely posterisation. I am seeing it on a lot of content now that I have noticed it, this was on itv HD on a sky q box but I did first noticed it while watching a 4k hdr demo clip on YouTube through the TV app. It has 13 hours and 2 compensation cycles.
So all of the content low bit rate? What about on UHDs?
Posterisation with low bit rate sourcess is mentioned in most reviews so I'm thinking it is that rather than a duff panel.

BTW the JZ2000 runs comp cycles after 3 hours use so you are rather low count for these at the moment.

jed1982

Standard Member
So are the 4k hdr demo videos on YouTube classed as low bitrate. The man utd v arsenal game on amazon which is 4k also looks pretty bad with small artifacts around the players when moving. I will double check the compensation cycles in the morning as now upstairs. You say this is mentioned on the reviews would the Sony A90J be as bad for the posterisation as I am finding it pretty distracting. Thanks for all the info

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
So are the 4k hdr demo videos on YouTube classed as low bitrate. The man utd v arsenal game on amazon which is 4k also looks pretty bad with small artifacts around the players when moving. I will double check the compensation cycles in the morning as now upstairs. You say this is mentioned on the reviews would the Sony A90J be as bad for the posterisation as I am finding it pretty distracting. Thanks for all the info
The artifacts with football are probably your motion settings.
No idea re the A90J but I don't get posterisation on my JZ2000 with UHD and only very occasionally with lower quality non 4K streamed.

What TV viewing modes are you using? and what is your brightness set at? Are you seeing this with Filmmaker mode with no user adjustments?

stephentw

What picture mode are you using? If you aren't already try filmmaker mode or if it's dolby vision content dolby vision dark.

I barely notice this on 4K content even with streaming but it rears it's head occassionally. 1080p streams and all bets are off. 4K blu rays are where it's least visible but I've never seen it enough to be bothered by it.

jed1982

Standard Member
Yes all I have done is put it in filmmaker mode turned ambient light off and turned luminance up to 45 as I found it a bit dark. I have turned it back down to test if it was that but still seeing it.

MJeeves7

If you’re looking at a 55 inch - I believe Martin Dawes have it for £1999 - about £500+ cheaper then it was at release . That’s the cheapest I’ve come across so far but it would be nice to be a bit lower 😂

Can’t say whether they’re a reliable retailer as I’ve not used them myself .
Yeah... thanks but I'm gonna just have to go for the 65 incher :)

Barney Gumble

Have you had a chance to test it on your set yet ? Loving the sound of the update but it would be nice to see if it’s working irl
Yep, tried Shang-Chi - it works.

Obviously, not all content ever had Atmos available but, where it is, it's now available on the Panasonic version of the app.

Even more reason now not to use over priced third party hardware.

Last edited:

yourboylollipop

Yep, tried Shang-Chi - it works.

Obviously, not all content ever had Atmos available but, where it is, it's now available on the Panasonic version of the app.

Even more reason now not to use over priced third party hardware.

Agreed . I’m glad I don’t have to consider purchasing a streaming device anymore .

I know theoretically speaking streaming devices are better but call it old fashioned or call it principles - I don’t believe I should have to buy a streaming device for a tv that’s being advertised as a ‘smart tv’. Shame tv manufacturers don’t up their game enough though I’m glad Panasonic seem to be putting in the work .

Disney + (now with Atmos ) and 4k120 VRR all in the space of a month ? That definitely impressed me as a prospective buyer .

Now if only Panny would put a game bar , some near black control and stop the greying out of settings during DV …. Would be an absolute icing on the cake and I wouldn’t even consider buying anything but Panasonic for the gaming + movie night room

Barney Gumble

Agreed . I’m glad I don’t have to consider purchasing a streaming device anymore .

I know theoretically speaking streaming devices are better but call it old fashioned or call it principles - I don’t believe I should have to buy a streaming device for a tv that’s being advertised as a ‘smart tv’. Shame tv manufacturers don’t up their game enough though I’m glad Panasonic seem to be putting in the work .

Disney + (now with Atmos ) and 4k120 VRR all in the space of a month ? That definitely impressed me as a prospective buyer .

Now if only Panny would put a game bar , some near black control and stop the greying out of settings during DV …. Would be an absolute icing on the cake and I wouldn’t even consider buying anything but Panasonic for the gaming + movie night room
Streaming devices better how?

The Shield relies on the gimmick of 'AI upscaling' but, can't automatically match frame rates and typically costs well over a ton for the cheapest model..

Apple TV can match frame rates automatically and is able to draw more in bitrates from Apples own servers for Apple TV+ content only (including films purchased via iTunes) but, bitrates alone don't contribute to the PQ. ATV costs more than £150 for the cheapest 4K version.

The fire TV hardware matches frame rates automatically and costs considerably less than both of the above. At the right time of year the cube can be had for £60 or less.

What none of the above can do is draw any more bitrates or information from the servers from the likes of Disney+, Netflix or Prime. Therefore, a 4K stream is a 4K stream and will look exactly the same on any TV as it does via a TV's built-in apps.

This is a fact.

Unless you're so invested already in purchases via iTunes, save your money and don't buy third party hardware for streaming as it simply isn't required.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

NAD launches M23 hybrid stereo power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $70 billion
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio joins BluOS Audio Ecosystem
  • By Andy Bassett