Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

lynx

What do you mean by "fused to the TV", not a detachable flex perhaps.

NorwegianWatchGuy

Standard Member
Another update on my situation: The vendor switched the panel on my first set, sent it back to me, and picked up my second set. And I’m happy to say that it finally looks like I’ve got a great panel! No pink tinting on the sides or edge “bleeding” (I know it isn’t technically the correct term on an OLED, but you probably know what I mean), so I’m really glad I didn’t give up on the JZ2000 altogether;)

Delivery driver has just called. In about half an hour I can call myself a fully paid up member of the GZ2000 owners club. They will do a basic set up.
it’s been 9 years since I set up my plasma so I’m new to OLED.

Tips and tricks out of the box. Things to consider, things to definitely do?

John Hother

Well I hope you are going to be a full member of the JZ2000 Club.

I would just enjoy my new OLED. Have a going through which picture profile you like the most.

Many happy hours with your new JZ2000.

Last edited:

I confess (being old school) I was surprised at the minimalist instruction manual. I was looking forward to a happy weekend with a telephone book sized document as with previous TVs.

John Hother

I confess (being old school) I was surprised at the minimalist instruction manual. I was looking forward to a happy weekend with a telephone book sized document as with previous TVs.
there is a sort of user manual available in the TV. I hope that you will find an OLED even better than plasma.

rjn21

Standard Member
The full pdf manual is on the Panasonic support website. It’s quite large.

lynx

Sit back, enjoy and don't go looking for faults.

Hit my first issue if anyone can offer any help. The TV has the devices connected to HDMI 1, 3 and 4. A small surround system to HDMI ARC 2.

if I switch the TV on, even to the onboard free view it switches on the surround. Perfect.

But I’d like to hear the on board speakers and the Dolby Atmos. Whatever I do I can’t get the TV to switch on its own speaker. I select Main Menu / Sound / Speaker Selection - Home Cinema is highlighted. If I select it and change from Home Cinema to TV I get a message “Starting up, please wait” the TV goes silent for a second or two then defaults back to Home Cinema.

Any ideas on how I can have a listen to the on board speakers.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Delivery driver has just called. In about half an hour I can call myself a fully paid up member of the GZ2000 owners club. They will do a basic set up.
it’s been 9 years since I set up my plasma so I’m new to OLED.

Tips and tricks out of the box. Things to consider, things to definitely do?
If using on board TV sound add a subwoffer , massively improves the sound, so much so I no longer use my amp set up.

scarie

Which sub are you using please?
I’ve been doing a lot on the sound system figuring it all out there’s a lot to it I haven’t quite finished i tried a wharfdale 150 which was good but it’s crossover frequency stops at 85hz
I could hear a bass test tone on the tv speakers as low as 60hz but it would already have been rolling off so I don’t think there’s enough head room it confirmed this in listening tests
So I’ve ordered a Cambridge audio minx 201 it’s crossover goes to 200hz
It’s also only 8inch so should stop faster
It’s not ported to I believe this should really help the mid bass low end but more importantly be a good match for the tv it’s coming Sunday
The tv sound system once turned to user is very good tweak the eq and go into balance and change the height and centre

BarryMcKelvey

Are you using the user sound mode Barry ?
Hi

No I wasn't using the User Sound Mode. Should I have used that mode?

I've now finally setup my Yamaha RX-A2A with my Monitor Audio Speakers.

Thanks

Barry :)

scarie

I’ve been doing a lot on the sound system figuring it all out there’s a lot to it I haven’t quite finished i tried a wharfdale 150 which was good but it’s crossover frequency stops at 85hz
I could hear a bass test tone on the tv speakers as low as 60hz but it would already have been rolling off so I don’t think there’s enough head room it confirmed this in listening tests
So I’ve ordered a Cambridge audio minx 201 it’s crossover goes to 200hz
It’s also only 8inch so should stop faster
It’s not ported to I believe this should really help the mid bass low end but more importantly be a good match for the tv it’s coming Sunday
The tv sound system once turned to user is very good tweak the eq and go into balance and change the height and centre
Jz2000 sound system
I’m no expert but I have had some very good systems vintage naim linn but as I got older I’ve changed my outlook I’m not from the bigger is better anymore unless you have a dedicated av room so the jz was a perfect tv for me beautiful quality without spoiling my number 1 priority how my front room looks
The sound system is very good for a tv but lacks a velvety midrange and limited low end someone did post a subwoofer transforms this tv he is correct sensible expectations needed
I spent sometime with the rather good wharfdale 150 it was better but not perfect it didn’t for me help mid bass and it didn’t disappear something difficult considering it’s paired to a tv not an av system it’s driver was to big so slow to the tiny tv speakers and in my room a little port noise
So I wanted to find a sub with a more flexible crossover to match the excellent tv controls well done Panasonic I wanted a dial for phase so it could be position in the correct place instead of a switch and portless 8 inch or smaller the minx uses two extra passive radiators which I thought would be fast and tight but not so room filling
The flexibility now with this sub and great tv controls meant I could get a great match the tv sounds really nice the sub has disappeared it’s just like there’s no speakers
Is it as good as a full system no is it better than most soundbars I think getting it set up correctly to your room I’d probably say yes
I should say I like quality bass not room shaking I think some one said they set there sub to Jurassic park T. rex scene that’s a mistake it’s not that low luckily I have a svs test disk with actually tells you the frequency of each scene on the disk very handy anyway hope this helps someone

belladona

Novice Member
In general, fading in and out of black should be the biggest problem with reduced bit depth, even if the source is immaculate you should be able to spot some mild posterization/false contouring. You also need to know the difference between color banding and white subpixel overshoot, the latter is unavoidable on all current OLEDs, even the HZ series.

I was wondering about the "subpixel overshoot" or "luminance overshoot". I bought a HZ2000 recently (I could not afford the JZ but needed to upgrade from my LG as the motion was terrible)... And I did NOT know about the luminance overshoot issue but noticed it on certain Netflix content (highly compressed obviously) but also on some Blu-Rays... (not on 4k so far though)...

I heard somehwere that this might have been resolved with JZ Series? Especially the false contouring coming out of near black... I watched a scene in "The Lodge" where a face comes out of the dark, and it had white subpixel overshoot all over the place on my HZ2000. Can anyone confirm that this is substantially better with JZ2000?

It is too bad anyway, as I cannot return my tv anymore, I only had 30 days return policy (here in Switzerland it is not so easy to return items). I regretted buying the LG 2 years ago, hence my upgrade so soon and now it seems I might be regretting buying the HZ2000. I am cursed

NorwegianWatchGuy

Standard Member
Does anyone have a picture of the sensors around the bezel on the tv? They can be seen by using a flashlight pointed towards the bezel. I seem to remember mine looking different before the panel swap, but I might just be remembering incorrectly. Also, I seem to remember my other panels producing more heat than this one?🤔 The white uniformity is indeed much better on this panel, but I haven’t had it calibrated, and I haven’t had i.e. peak brightness confirmed, so I hope they haven’t just put a standard panel on my JZ2000 without asking, or even telling me.

My new panel have sensors on the bottom of the panel only (which again, might be the way it’s supposed to be). I may very possibly be remembering everything all wrong, but I just wanted to check with you guys, in case anyone can confirm or disconfirm whether their panels look different than mine or not. I’ll see if I’ll be able to post a picture tomorrow.

Generally, the sensors are less pronounced than I (think I) remember them to be. I also have a vague memory of there being a bend on the line between the sensors, while my current panel has straight lines with 90 degree bends below each sensor.

Btw, I hope you’ll excuse my extremely layman’ish depiction of the sensors😅

Last edited:

HeadBanger

Another update on my situation: The vendor switched the panel on my first set, sent it back to me, and picked up my second set. And I’m happy to say that it finally looks like I’ve got a great panel! No pink tinting on the sides or edge “bleeding” (I know it isn’t technically the correct term on an OLED, but you probably know what I mean), so I’m really glad I didn’t give up on the JZ2000 altogether;)
Hi NorwegianWatchGuy.

Any chance you could post some pictures of your new and first set (if you took any) displaying 100% white please? I have the same issue with a JZ1500 that I am currently replacing via my retailer. It would be great to see how much better your 3rd set is against the previous 2 sets.

Many thanks,

HB

NorwegianWatchGuy

Standard Member
Hi NorwegianWatchGuy.

Any chance you could post some pictures of your new and first set (if you took any) displaying 100% white please? I have the same issue with a JZ1500 that I am currently replacing via my retailer. It would be great to see how much better your 3rd set is against the previous 2 sets.

Many thanks,

HB
You can see pictures of my second set on page 6 in this thread. Under you can see a picture of my new one. Would you be able to take a picture of the sensors around your bezel for me? Are there sensors on top and bottom, or just on the bottom? You’ll probably need a flashlight to get good pictures. I’ll upload some later today.

Attachments

• 0AB5881C-EBAE-48F8-8235-E36C359DEBBF.jpeg
    0AB5881C-EBAE-48F8-8235-E36C359DEBBF.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 111

HeadBanger

You can see pictures of my second set on page 6 in this thread. Under you can see a picture of my new one. Would you be able to take a picture of the sensors around your bezel for me? Are there sensors on top and bottom, or just on the bottom? You’ll probably need a flashlight to get good pictures. I’ll upload some later today.
Many thanks. Wow so much better than your second set. I’d be very happy with that. Good to see you can actually get a clean screen.

Pictures of mine attached.
I’ll take a pic of the sensors for you once home. Let me know where they are?

Thanks
HB

Attachments

• 733CCF7D-5E74-44BF-9194-E47720F5EA9F.jpeg
    733CCF7D-5E74-44BF-9194-E47720F5EA9F.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 740D0FF1-05C2-4B81-8405-42B4EC041E21.jpeg
    740D0FF1-05C2-4B81-8405-42B4EC041E21.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 95

NorwegianWatchGuy

Standard Member
Many thanks. Wow so much better than your second set. I’d be very happy with that. Good to see you can actually get a clean screen.

Pictures of mine attached.
I’ll take a pic of the sensors for you once home. Let me know where they are?

Thanks
HB
I’m really happy, although I do hope that it’s actually the “professional” display, and not a standard one. The sensors are on the bezel. You’ll see them clearly by using a flashlight pointed directly towards the bezel. There should at least sensors on the bottom bezel, but I’d be happy if you could confirm whether or not there are sensors on the top bezel as well.

And I really need to wash my panel😅

Attachments

• 7224B214-0875-4FA8-825C-3800931D0336.jpeg
    7224B214-0875-4FA8-825C-3800931D0336.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett