Panasonic JZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

BarryMcKelvey

No. TV will start using the same HDMI as it had when switched off.
Hi

Thanks, I've always put my TV into Hotel Mode when setting them up to automatically startup on HDMI 2. My previous TV's were Panasonic TX-P55VT30B and TX-P50V10B.

After speaking to Panasonic Tech Support this morning, it seems putting the Panasonic TX65JZ200B into Hotel Mode was causing my issues described above. I'll know for sure when I reset it back to Factory Settings later this evening.

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

BarryMcKelvey

This tv is so different it’s very plasma like reminds me of my kuro even the huge clunk of the power relay when switching on
There’s no wow factor here it’s just so smooth natural the colours are so accurate and there’s endless grades to them I understand reviewers explanation saying organic it won’t wow at first like the Sony or Samsung but it’s a re education it’s taking a different approach put it in dynamic to see how bright it goes yet in the accurate or my calibration modes it seems it hardly uses it like a engine with power to spare I’ve seen non of the problems mentioned
Pink tint on white slide is fine you have to be in dynamic and even then be at right angle to even see anything calibration modes it’s great
Gaming 4K 120hz is so smooth wow Vincent’s settings x series
Os is lighting fast which suits me as I use new Apple TV which works and looks far better than any tv apps I’ve seen
I think this tv will get better and better
Hi my previous TV's were plasma TV's, the Panasonic TX-P55VT30B and TX-P50V10B. I was never lucky enough to see a Pioneer Kuro in use. From memory when Pioneer stopped making TV's a lot of the TV Tech's moved to Panasonic, that was the rumour at the time. Whether there was any truth in it or not, I can't confirm or deny lol.

Im a huge Apple Fanboy but opted to pre order the new Amazon 4K Mav TV Stick which comes out this week, over the Apple TV. Hopefully the Apps on it with be just as good as the Apple TV.

I'd only opted for the new Fire Stick as it was cheaper and also having the Apple TV App. Hopefully I'll not regret my choice lol.

Thanks in Advance

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Turning Off Hotel Mode resolved my Voice Control issue :) Although interestingly, resetting the TV back to Factory Settings doesn't turn off Hotel Mode, you still need to do that manually.

Thanks in Advance

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

How do I go about and setup Mirroring? Do I need to install a specific app on my iPhone?

Also, would I be able to cast the likes of the BT Sport App from my iphone to the TV?

Thanks in Advance

yourboylollipop

This tv is so different it’s very plasma like reminds me of my kuro even the huge clunk of the power relay when switching on
There’s no wow factor here it’s just so smooth natural the colours are so accurate and there’s endless grades to them I understand reviewers explanation saying organic it won’t wow at first like the Sony or Samsung but it’s a re education it’s taking a different approach put it in dynamic to see how bright it goes yet in the accurate or my calibration modes it seems it hardly uses it like a engine with power to spare I’ve seen non of the problems mentioned
Pink tint on white slide is fine you have to be in dynamic and even then be at right angle to even see anything calibration modes it’s great
Gaming 4K 120hz is so smooth wow Vincent’s settings x series
Os is lighting fast which suits me as I use new Apple TV which works and looks far better than any tv apps I’ve seen
I think this tv will get better and better

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it !

Looks like I’ve to delay my tv purchase yet again . I think I’ve settled on getting JZ2000 for the gaming and cinema room so I’m happy to hear that you’re enjoying the gaming especially . Most mentions of gaming on the Panasonic are pretty brief and it’s a shame that most tv gamer reviewers are in the USA so can’t review any pannys,

I’m leaning towards the x95j for the bright room and cable tv but if I can buy two TVs at once I think I’ll save the money and go with a Samsung QN95A (which I can get for £500 cheaper ).

yourboylollipop

Hi

How do I go about and setup Mirroring? Do I need to install a specific app on my iPhone?

Also, would I be able to cast the likes of the BT Sport App from my iphone to the TV?

Thanks in Advance

Not sure if Panasonic have any DLNA/ DNS apps on their AppStore . If they do that would be the first thing to try .

I know there’s no Apple Pay .

If no one else offers a good solution , you may have to think of investing in a streaming device that has bt sports on it

yourboylollipop

Very slim chance of this happening - but does anyone know if someone’s compared the new top oleds from Panasonic to Phillips new OLEDs?

it seems Phillips are a bit cheaper and if their input lag is the same or lower then Panasonic - then I’m not sure if going for the Panasonic makes sense since I’m not exactly an av enthusiast .

Every time I think I’m close to making a choice , I go back to square one lol

scarie

Hi

Turning Off Hotel Mode resolved my Voice Control issue :) Although interestingly, resetting the TV back to Factory Settings doesn't turn off Hotel Mode, you still need to do that manually.

Thanks in Advance

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it !

Looks like I’ve to delay my tv purchase yet again . I think I’ve settled on getting JZ2000 for the gaming and cinema room so I’m happy to hear that you’re enjoying the gaming especially . Most mentions of gaming on the Panasonic are pretty brief and it’s a shame that most tv gamer reviewers are in the USA so can’t review any pannys,

I’m leaning towards the x95j for the bright room and cable tv but if I can buy two TVs at once I think I’ll save the money and go with a Samsung QN95A (which I can get for £500 cheaper ).
There all great

WarHog

Anyone able to say how the speakers on the JZ200 compare with a separate Dolby Atmos soundbar? Are they on a par with a budget soundbar, mid range or high end?

I'm trying to decide between buying the JZ2000 or the JZ1500 and a separate soundbar.

scarie

Anyone able to say how the speakers on the JZ200 compare with a separate Dolby Atmos soundbar? Are they on a par with a budget soundbar, mid range or high end?

I'm trying to decide between buying the JZ2000 or the JZ1500 and a separate soundbar.
Difficult question I think it depends on your room and position I have the jz and 935 I have a corner position and I know the 935 sounded better in my last house straight there both still sound very good
Comparing them is difficult to even a budget soundbar with rear speakers and sub may give you better bass and rear effects
But treble and midrange it would need a mid to high end bar and no sound bar is going to look as nice I really like the design of the jz and 935 both beautiful

WarHog

Difficult question I think it depends on your room and position I have the jz and 935 I have a corner position and I know the 935 sounded better in my last house straight there both still sound very good
Comparing them is difficult to even a budget soundbar with rear speakers and sub may give you better bass and rear effects
But treble and midrange it would need a mid to high end bar and no sound bar is going to look as nice I really like the design of the jz and 935 both beautiful
Thanks, it will be in a corner position so nowhere to put rear speakers, and don't want the wires.
I haven't seen a JZ in the flesh so can't yet decide if I like the look of its built in speaker, adding thickness to a TV when ideally we want super slim TV's, but its not a deal breaker. Will have to try and see one soon.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I'd picked up the new Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max.

Would I be better connecting it to HDMI 1 (4K/120Hz), rather than HDMI 3 or HDMI 4, or does it really matter? Also, the USB Ports, will they have enough power to power the Amazon Fire Stick?

Thanks in Advance

Red Grant

Hi

I'd picked up the new Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max.

Would I be better connecting it to HDMI 1 (4K/120Hz), rather than HDMI 3 or HDMI 4, or does it really matter? Also, the USB Ports, will they have enough power to power the Amazon Fire Stick?

Thanks in Advance

The Fire Stick don’t need 4K/120Hz so HDMI 3 or 4 is fine too. Amazon recommends using the power adapter. I never used an USB port, but you could try. If it hasn’t enough power the stick just won‘t work. You won’t break anything.

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask, but as your owners you’ll have a better insight, if more vested in the JZ2000.

im in the market for a new TV having had a 37” and 42”(current) Panasonic plasma. I’ve been watch the (delayed) release of the JZ series with interest.

Firstly, while I like the idea of the updated sound of the 55JZ2000 over the 55JZ1500 it is picture quality that is my main driver (that’s what a TV is for). I have zero experience with Dolby Atmos and the upward firing speaker. The only demo I had was underwhelming as the speaker was firing into a 20foot void of a warehouse.
what does it do and is it worth having, please?

Also, I assume you did research before buying the TV. I was blindsided by a salesman who appeared very pro Sony (the JZ range hadn’t arrived at that point) did you view the A90 and what were your opinions. I understand in a mild format war there are audio circuits that the Panny has that the Sony doesn’t.

Any input gratefully received as due to a health condition I can’t repeatedly visit my dealer of choice.
Thank you.

John Hother

I am a Panny fan-boy, and I have been that for at least 10 years. And yes I do research before buing (not during the COVID). I buy a new Panny high-end TV every year to watch the picture developments.

I am very happy in the way Panasonic handle the picture quality. I am into the natural picture, for me it means, the picture should be as close as" I would see the motives in real life". No fuss.

The high-end Sony OLED is rather close to the JZ2000, but to me not close enough.

Please observe that you can´t trust a dealer, as they often will try to sell you the product from which they will make the best profit. Judge the TV youself.

Good luck.

Edit: for a flat TV the sound in my room is just great.

WarHog

Thats good to hear. My concern came from this post in a different thread..

So I waited and waited. Finally it was down to a Sony A90J or a Panasonic Jz2000.
My friendly local Panasonic dealer persuaded me and a few days later I have a brand new Jz2000 65 inch.

For the last 10 years I have had a Panasonic plasma.
This new TV is my first 4k Oled and to be honest I am really disappointed.

The judder I am getting on motion is just terrible. Panning shots are just awful. Watching squid game the other night it looked like my screen was going to shake itself to death.

I ran some tests and sadly it seems to be better if you leave all the frame creation etc on, it helps the motion, but the picture looks terrible.
I cant win.
I think I am going to take it back and stick with the plasma.

thx75

Have any of you noticed motion judder/blur with the JZ2000?
No.

Just get rid of those "plasma guys" and their old toys...

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Ive noticed when watching Sky TV broadcasts as they happen, everything is fine, but when I watch recordings or YouTube I seem to have some lip sync issues. maybe just 0.5 or 1 second out. I drives me crazy lol. Anyone else seeing this or any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks in Advance

Barry

Thank for the input. Next the “how long is a piece of string” question.

I’ve put a deposit on a 55JZ2000 (originally going for the 1500) to be delivered at the end of November.

what are the best things to switch off (or leave on)? I have an old ish calibration DVD. Is this going to be of any use?

Silverwing

Novice Member
Hello, I'am new on this forum. I was a wondering if anyone had some issues with dead pixels on the JZ2000. My retailer suggested to take an insurance on dead pixels.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett