Panasonic JZ1500 (TX-65JZ1500) 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

markush

Coming from Kuro and VT50/60 I very much understand all plasma supporters - it’s just this effortless motion feeling that is so cinematic like.

Having finally decided to go for the JZ1500 and using it for 2 days intensively there is a lot to experience / say. Overall I am glad that 24p motion / feeling is actually on par.

Also HD movie content is stunning - quite the same as before I‘d say. Where things get really exciting is 4K content. And especially with HDR, DV etc this is a major step up.
Queens Gambit for example on Netflix in 4K with the Netflix Calibrated mode is an immersive experience.

So far there is just one thing during daytime that in some scenes details are in certain movies to dark - so near black handling could be tweaked. But also checking what setting could improve this.

All in all absolutely not regretting the switch - and very much looking forward to when reaching 100-200 hours as I feel the performance is even improving.

markush

The only thing which currently leaves me curious is motion of tennis content (doing this via Sky stick at 50hz). I love watching tennis and this was very smooth and precise with plasma but is problematic now. So far didn’t find a setting which solved that. Hopefully someone will have an idea.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
The only thing which currently leaves me curious is motion of tennis content (doing this via Sky stick at 50hz). I love watching tennis and this was very smooth and precise with plasma but is problematic now. So far didn’t find a setting which solved that. Hopefully someone will have an idea.

What about golf and football? Have you tried those?

Joe C

What’s a Sky stick? Do you mean Now TV?

Pgw1919

Novice Member
Coming from a VT50/60 plasma I will be able to judge in detail and with a broad range of content formats the difference to the JZ1500 in 1-2 weeks. From what I read on various sources so far that should be a major step up on various areas. The minor critiques I think will most likely just occur in rare instances - but will be able to test / confirm this.
Came from the vt50 to gz950, realise it's not as good as the jz1500 but dont expect night and day in terms of the step up. Hdr is a definite improvement but I still find coming from plasma the picture is less natural for certain sources, particularly greens for some reason even in the cinema modes.

Joe C

Sky is a streaming provider in Germany. But it’s the same when watching tennis videos on YouTube

So reduced resolution and bitrate?

tracer10

Standard Member
Hi lads. Today JZ1500 come tome. I try change language settings but no idea how to do.
How switch english language to germany or polish?

tracer10

Standard Member

Attachments

• 20211009_075438.jpg
    20211009_075438.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 84

Joe C

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
It on my older ones, you just have to download it which needed a FW update first.

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
For some reason the last one (fw) wasnt automatic for me and even if I tried for force fw by checking for update it said not needed, but once I went to apps screen and saw and tried to load / download Disney it said it needed a fw update first and did it, once fw done I could download Disney+, bit odd but hey ho..

WarHog

Anyone experience motion judder on the JZ models?

Someone over on the JZ2000 owners thread is experiencing it having come from a plasma. I hope t be buying a JZ model soon and am also be coming from a plasma, and I'm a bit worried if motion judder is obvious in comparison.

VAblklvs249

I received the JZ1500. Compared to the Samsung QN95 I returned, it’s great - it actually works. No issues with HDMI drop outs or eARC failures. Using an external sound bar, lip sync is correct, and passes Atmos.

The screen, on unpacking, did not have any protector, just a film on the bottom edge and a plastic bag over all the tv.

The image has a lot of adjustability and I’m still fiddling. Each source/SD/HD seems to have its own settings and sources/resolutions offer different adjustment options.

No visible DSE, so I won’t be chasing test videos or slides to find some.

All UK catch up apps are present as are Prime, Netflix and Disney.

I’m only missing a native Apple TV app (so, I’m using a PS5 for that) and AirPlay.

I can’t get my iPhone to connect (or be discovered, or even seen by the tv) by Bluetooth.

The screen suffers from excessive reflections even in a darkened room.

Panasonic have a 5 year extended manufacturer warranty promotion available. It requires registration and only applies to purchases from certain retailers (notably not John Lewis, Currys or (I think) Richer Sounds.) JL offer their own 5 yr and Richer Sounds a 6 yr.

The stand height is 7mm as was asked previously.

My sound bar slightly covers the bottom of the tv, when it’s placed in front of the tv. It doesn’t bother me.
Hello, looking to upgrade from a Sony XE from 2017, and screen reflections is an absolute nuisance.

VAblklvs249

great post, 100% agree...I received my JZ1500 65" yesterday, great product but you're right about what's missing/wrong with this otherwise perfect TV:

• too much reflection, this screen is a mirror! You need, almost as videoprojetor, a dark room to enjoy it
  • not so bright to watch tv during a day, also with curtains closes
  • missing a lot apple+ and airplay, I'll need to buy a new apple tv just for 1 app!
  • near black appear solid black, most of all people with black hairs...no details in between, just black...maybe it's streaming service faults, watching Squid Game on netflix I could find several frames and scenes with "solid black" zones in the frame, I'm sure on my Kuro plasma and Samsung LCD could be showed better those areas
  • color balance is wonderful, 60fps videos awesome...but on standard HD video my Kuro 5090 it's more natural and fluid, JZ1500 struggle with some artificial "lcd style" panning...

but in the end I believe it's maybe the best all around TV of this year
Bit strange the 55 " JZ1000/JZ1500 power rating is 371W/373W 54.6" Panasonic TX-55JZ1000 - Power consumption

..and the HZ1000/HZ1500 power rating is 105W/105W.
Bit of a 'gas-guzzler' this new model, especially during tough energy times, but I guess the extra NITS does over 3-xfold!!

tracer10

Standard Member
you can find the user manual in PDF on Panasonic site, hopefully that will help. seems like menu-main menu-setup-language is the way to go.
User manual in PDF on Panasonic site is the same instructions like yours previously post.
Show you screen my JZ1500 main menu. Not language options

mikej

User manual in PDF on Panasonic site is the same instructions like yours previously post.
Show you screen my JZ1500 main menu. Not language options
Did you not get an opportunity to set the language when you first set the TV up ? It's a long time since I did a factory reset on my GZ so I can't remember whether Panasonic give this option, but I've definitely come across it on other TVs and PVRs (etc)

Also - as this is a UK-based forum, the majority of owners here will have the JZ1500B - if you are based in Europe and have the 'E' model, it's possible that there may be some small differences which might explain why the menu options on your TV aren't identical to other users here :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards