Panasonic JZ1500 (TX-65JZ1500) 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

dion 6

I’m just going off what the hdtv test review said about the jz2000 and the avforums review of the jz1500. There was a noticeable difference between the peak brightness between the 2 and also ties in with what I’m getting on my jz1500. Makes sense if that jz2000 has the panel luminance booster and the jz1500 hasn’t.
Not what Phil Hinton said in the last avforums podcast he said the brightest levels were almost identical and he did the review which will be posted soon. Have a look at the podcast
- Panasonic JZ2000 OLED review final thoughts vs JZ1500 00.28.31 into the podcast you can jump straight to this section

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
I’m just going off what the hdtv test review said about the jz2000 and the avforums review of the jz1500. There was a noticeable difference between the peak brightness between the 2 and also ties in with what I’m getting on my jz1500. Makes sense if that jz2000 has the panel luminance booster and the jz1500 hasn’t.
Yes would do, Panasonic don’t help themselves in making it clear, differences are buried, not sure if that’s on purpose to hide it or the fact it looks different is a typo!? The JZ1500 review here leads me to think they’re the same and I had my heart set on the JZ1500. So if the JZ2000 is brighter then I’m now torn as prefer just a neater panel as never have TV speakers on anyway and it’s cheaper… I guess the key is what is the luminance tech and why is it not on the JZ1500 spec? I thought it was panel and heat sink, but both have those, so if it’s something else then what is it or is it as Phil H says, they’re the same and any difference is just tolerances?

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Not what Phil Hinton said in the last avforums podcast he said the brightest levels were almost identical and he did the review which will be posted soon. Have a look at the podcast
- Panasonic JZ2000 OLED review final thoughts vs JZ1500 00.28.31 into the podcast you can jump straight to this section
I’m just confusing myself now, nearly bought the JZ1500 yesterday, now not sure or if to just leave it all together… 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom