Panasonic JZ1000 vs LG C1?

fatmarco

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm finally planning on picking up a new 55" OLED TV, and I've found that both the LG C1 and the JZ1000 sit just within in my budget range. We unfortunately don't have the JZ1500 in New Zealand and the JZ2000 is a bit out of my price range currently.

I'm planning on using it for maybe 60% gaming and 40% film and tv, so with that in mind what are the advantages of each tv? Is one substantially better than the other?

I know that the Panasonics 4k 120hz with VRR patch came out recently but as far as general performance there isn't really much information on the JZ1000 out there it seems so it's hard to really gauge the differences/ pros and cons.

Even with that said, I was leaning towards the JZ1000 but is there anything I should consider before committing? The only other option here at that size it looks like is the Sony A80J so it's really only a choice of 3 TVs.

I'm finally planning on picking up a new 55" OLED TV, and I've found that both the LG C1 and the JZ1000 sit just within in my budget range. We unfortunately don't have the JZ1500 in New Zealand and the JZ2000 is a bit out of my price range currently.

I'm planning on using it for maybe 60% gaming and 40% film and tv, so with that in mind what are the advantages of each tv? Is one substantially better than the other?

I know that the Panasonics 4k 120hz with VRR patch came out recently but as far as general performance there isn't really much information on the JZ1000 out there it seems so it's hard to really gauge the differences/ pros and cons.

Even with that said, I was leaning towards the JZ1000 but is there anything I should consider before committing? The only other option here at that size it looks like is the Sony A80J so it's really only a choice of 3 TVs.
Evening ... I to was looking at LG C1 & G1 when jumping into the Oled screen, because of there price point but I'm in UK, The C1 is known as the Gaming God of tv's at the moment not heard s bad thing said about it & I was close to getting the G1 & I think if your heavy into gaming then it has to be the C1. As for me I like my gaming I have the Series X but I love my films more so i went with the JZ1000 55" it still has its gaming features 120hz panel 2 hdmi 2.1 so I do have both bases covered ...... only had it 3 weeks & coming from a Panasonic 2015 4k cx800 50" ( which I loved) but this is a whole new level of tv, so impressed so far just wished I'd jumped earlier, I think either tv you will buy you won't be disappointed.

Evening ... I to was looking at LG C1 & G1 when jumping into the Oled screen, because of there price point but I'm in UK, The C1 is known as the Gaming God of tv's at the moment not heard s bad thing said about it & I was close to getting the G1 & I think if your heavy into gaming then it has to be the C1. As for me I like my gaming I have the Series X but I love my films more so i went with the JZ1000 55" it still has its gaming features 120hz panel 2 hdmi 2.1 so I do have both bases covered ...... only had it 3 weeks & coming from a Panasonic 2015 4k cx800 50" ( which I loved) but this is a whole new level of tv, so impressed so far just wished I'd jumped earlier, I think either tv you will buy you won't be disappointed.
Cheers for the response.

Yeah think I'll get the Jz1000, but what exactly does the C1 do gaming wise that the Jz1000 doesn't currently?

These are the difference.... not 100% what they mean but LG seems to so more. Lg has 4 hdmi 2.1 with Panasonic having just 2 .... both have the 120hz ... my xbox gaming features are all ticked in gaming section & I must say Halo & Forza Horizon look stunning on my JZ1000 ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-061832_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-061832_Chrome.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot_20211223-061731_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-061731_Chrome.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 703
Regards normal tv watching I haven't had to tweak the picture setting like on my old Panasonic.... it comes out the box excellent regards that ..... just been using the there calibrated settings, film maker mode, true cinema & professional 1 .... put Netflix on & it automatically switches to Netflix calibrated mode & other than a 4k blu ray disc that's what I've been most impressed with as it has alot of Dolby vision. The only issue I had with old panasonic cx800 was always could see that 24fps stutter on movies & because I knew it was there I would always see it, that's been sorted now I know it's 6 years on but the picture is silky smooth & the black levels are just something else

Regards normal tv watching I haven't had to tweak the picture setting like on my old Panasonic.... it comes out the box excellent regards that ..... just been using the there calibrated settings, film maker mode, true cinema & professional 1 .... put Netflix on & it automatically switches to Netflix calibrated mode & other than a 4k blu ray disc that's what I've been most impressed with as it has alot of Dolby vision. The only issue I had with old panasonic cx800 was always could see that 24fps stutter on movies & because I knew it was there I would always see it, that's been sorted now I know it's 6 years on but the picture is silky smooth & the black levels are just something else
Cheers for the thorough responses man. Really appreciated it.

I just ordered myself a JZ1000 thanks to your recommendation. Looking forward to receiving it!

Your welcome, nothing better than a new TV...... I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed, Merry Christmas & look forward to seeing your thoughts when it arrives.

Your welcome, nothing better than a new TV...... I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed, Merry Christmas & look forward to seeing your thoughts when it arrives.
Got my TV, and I'm really happy with it so far. The black levels are just so fun to admire hahaha.

Do you have any recommended settings for it? Anything to avoid etc.?

Just want to make sure I've got it running as optimally as possible.

Morning. Glad your enjoying it so far, regards settings, for the moments I'm using the pre set modes in picture settings. For normal day viewing in HD I'm using Professional 1, when watching a film of an evening its Film maker mode, Netflix auto goes into Netflix calibration mode & I think looks amazing when your watching Dolby Vision content, Gaming automatically goes into Game mode, pretty satisfied so far, very much enjoying it haven't really done any digging on the furoms to see if people have fine tuned there JZ1000 ... my old tv 50" cx800 2015 you could really get into the colour balance & I did tune it to what avfuroms tuned it to at the time & stuck with one setting till I got this tv, so you can definitely get into the tweaking of this tv. You could also go down the professional calibration route which may cost you around £200 to get the absolute max out of it.

Morning. Glad your enjoying it so far, regards settings, for the moments I'm using the pre set modes in picture settings. For normal day viewing in HD I'm using Professional 1, when watching a film of an evening its Film maker mode, Netflix auto goes into Netflix calibration mode & I think looks amazing when your watching Dolby Vision content, Gaming automatically goes into Game mode, pretty satisfied so far, very much enjoying it haven't really done any digging on the furoms to see if people have fine tuned there JZ1000 ... my old tv 50" cx800 2015 you could really get into the colour balance & I did tune it to what avfuroms tuned it to at the time & stuck with one setting till I got this tv, so you can definitely get into the tweaking of this tv. You could also go down the professional calibration route which may cost you around £200 to get the absolute max out of it.
Yeah it's fairly smooth sailing so far, certainly more so than other tv's I've had in the past.

I might have to give Professional 1 a go. I don't quite get which Dolby Vision preset is best yet, and I don't think I'm a fan of "Warm2" regardless of whether its an industry standard lol.

Curious how the JZ performs for gaming. I have the HZ1000 and having also bought a Sony a8h for another house, I prefer the Panasonic for raw picture performance and better brightness. Sad that I missed the 120hz panel.

Generally the C1 is seen as the best for gaming but I can’t see too much difference in feature set given amd free sync, 120hz, auto low latency mode, variable refresh rate on both. To me, it seems the difference is Nvidia support which applies to pc gaming.

Just the Panasonic seems overlooked for that despite being better for cinema and tv viewing (better calibration, higher brightness, less shadow detail crushing)

Afternoon..... well I don't think you'll be disappointed regards gaming, been playing Halo & Forza Horizon 5 on it & its stunning, not a hard core gamer more a casual gamer & it really is a great TV ... I have no idea how it compares to the LG C1 but people are saying it's the Godfather for gaming. I was looking at the G1 for a while, but price was stuck at £1500 when I was looking, the only reason I was looking at LG was because Panasonic's Oled were way out my price range so because of LG prices it seemed a maybe able to grab 1 at around £1200. Then I had alert on the JZ1000 55" had dropped to £1169 I jumped on it & have no regrets, just love watching things on it, I am surprised how good HD channels & Blu rays look on it but that could be because I've come from a Panasonic lcd panel. The thing is though when you put the good stuff into it like 4k Blu rays, Netflix dolby vision & the Xbox Series X the TV is exceptional. Be interesting to see how this new Quantum Dot Oled samsung are bring out that suppose to be brighter.

Only thing I might add as I'm on my 2nd Panasonic oled went from 55ez952 to a 65hz2000 is there should be intelligent frame creation.. ifc... turn that off or at least to min... gets rid of the soap opera effect...
Was the reason I chose the ez over Sony a1 yrs ago... especially coming from a kuro..

I normally have pro mode 1, ifc OFF and some like black frame insertion to min..
The Panasonic in this regard behave like a plasma or crt...
Enjoy your screens...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom