Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

I'm going for a refund unfortunately. Panasonic support said they could send out a technician to look, but if I'd be charged of they found no fault. So I'm out. Might hold of for the LZ1500. it's a shame, a great TV apart from that flicker.
Hi gubar. Are you somehow able to get a JZ1000 instead and then some money back? Of course this is the next below model, but it seems these flashy issues are really some JZ1500 thing. Or of course wait for LZ1500 (and if the problem is actually fixed there...)

Last edited:
I always had some issues with my TV remote. Sometimes increasing volume would increase automatically as if I permanently press the volume up, but actually I only pressed it shortly.
Or cursor in TV menu scrolling up or down in a kind uncontrolled manner until I press another direction. Or the need to press a button twice until remote reacts.
It turns out that this is probably due to the bluetooth pairing of the tv remote. Also the manual states that 2,4Ghz radio interference can cause problems there and I have a LOT of wifi networks all around me.
Now, I chose to unpair the TV Remote from bluetooth and now all is running fine regarding tv remote. Of course I loose google/alexa/youtube voice search. But in my case no issue as I can still do this via the Amazon Fire TV Stick in a much more reliable manner.

Hi gubar. Are you somehow able to get a JZ1000 instead and then some money back? Of course this is the next below model, but it seems these flashy issues are really some JZ1500 thing. Or of course wait for LZ1500 (and if the problem is actually fixed there...)
Hi Tron04, I don't really want to step down a model. I'm probably going to wait for the LZ1500 price drop... could be a while!

Yeah I too hate the stupid stand, as it messes with where I want to put my centre speaker! They must have heard this by now, yet still keep providing the silly thing regardless!

Anyway, I tried your suggestion(s) and got carried away and went into white balance and the colour management system, but mostly all to no avail as, having tweaked lots of bits, the colour almost became a bluey-green! I got rid of the pink though, but at too much of a cost. So went back to the drawing board and checked on a few scenes from "Passengers". I felt relieved when I couldn't see any odd colours anywhere in Filmmaker mode, so have just decided that it must be me, seeing things that aren't really there!

There is still the odd bit of pink, when seeing a completely white picture, but it's mostly unnoticeable when watching TV or Movies. I still haven't decided about trying to return it for a better one, but it could be a worse one, who knows?

Yeah the stand is ugly haha. Changed mine for a Bontec one so it sits closer to the wall and allowed me to move my HT-A9'S further back. No idea why they went circular, square always looks smarter. I sometimes think the people who do the designs have lost the plot though. Take the new Sony QD-OLED, anyone with a soundbar will either have to wall mount or change the stand.

Attachments

• 20220516_180308.JPG
    20220516_180308.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 101
I'll see if I can find it, I'm sure it was content detection or something. I posted about it earlier in the thread.

Isn't content detection only applicable to HDMI ports? For things like game, photo etc.

Picture settings, option settings, HDMI content type. Turn off for the input you don't want it to randomly change picture mode. I turned it off on every input.

For any owners of next gen consoles and JZ series TVs, it appears clear there are issues related to 120Hz and VRR via both the PS5 and Series X when connected to Panasonics.

I thought it best to try and gather those here that I've come across so far (@BarryMcKelvey @Hlod Wig @Oriental man live in Elsa @tibor101 @TJay) , rather than in their respective model forums, so we can all keep each other up to date.

I had already opened a support ticket with Panasonic regards the PS5. I've since purchased a Series X too and that has issues with intermittent sound drops, only when 120Hz is enabled via the console.

I've now contacted Panasonic again with regard that issue too as I sincerely believe it is related as the TV is the common denominator. Whilst Panasonic say they are looking into it, I think it would add more weight to the argument if others would also contact them to share their experience.

I shall update you all here, once I've received a response in due course.

Edit; I should add, it will be easier to direct Panasonic to a single thread for all of us, if everyone is sharing the issues in one place. I just had to share about six different links with them to different places on the forum where people are discussing the problems with JZ series TVs and consoles.
Dear *****,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us, I hope this email finds you well.
With reference to your enquiry, we would like to highlight and confirm that our engineers and technical teams are currently investigating the issue and trying to reproduce the issue on their end. Our team also tried to reproduce the issue on different TV models and different manufacturers and it seems so far that the Xbox related issue occurs as well. We are still currently investigating the issue and we will keep you updated as soon as possible.
I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you, however, if
you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Raymond
Panasonic Customer Care Team

@BarryMcKelvey @Hlod Wig @Oriental man live in Elsa @tibor101 @TJay @Thatsnotmynaim

I've had the above response back from Panasonic UK. The line that concerns me is this; Our team also tried to reproduce the issue on different TV models and different manufacturers and it seems so far that the Xbox related issue occurs as well

It would appear Panasonic are setting themselves up to blame the consoles rather than their own brand TVs. This is obviously not the case as it affects both consoles when connected to the JZ series and not other brand TVs, not that I've seen or read being reported at least.

Edit; if I've missed anybodies name off that wishes to be cc'd into updates from Panasonic, please let me know and I'll include you in the future :) .

Tbf, I though the XBox sound drops also happened on my LG CX TV and I'd read other makes had the issue, that doesn;t conclude either way if the issue is with the XBox or the chips the TV manufacturers use, I stopped using it via eARC and just plug my consoles via my AVR instead as am not that serious a gamer to need 120hz VRR etc

Tbf, I though the XBox sound drops also happened on my LG CX TV and I'd read other makes had the issue, that doesn;t conclude either way if the issue is with the XBox or the chips the TV manufacturers use, I stopped using it via eARC and just plug my consoles via my AVR instead as am not that serious a gamer to need 120hz VRR etc
Not according to @stephentw here.

I sincerely hope it is down to a single manufacturer. Otherwise, we're all gonna get shafted as one by one they'll start the blame game and pass the buck.

I can't tell you how much I 🤬 hate HDMI 2.1.

I use to get sound drop outs @120 VRR while feeding the JZ with my PC. Can’t remember if I found a way around it now though and I sold the pc a few months ago :confused:

Not according to @stephentw here.

I sincerely hope it is down to a single manufacturer. Otherwise, we're all gonna get shafted as one by one they'll start the blame game and pass the buck.

I can't tell you how much I 🤬 hate HDMI 2.1.
I've no way of confirming as sent the LG back for a number of reasons and got another Panny for that room, but if you Google there appears a range of other TVs with XBox X audio dropout issues, although I must admit I have not delved into the detail and researched it too much as it just emphasised my hate of the bugs in CEC / ARC & eARC and just gives me a nice excuse to upgrade my AVR to an HDMI 2.1 AVR sometime soon and just bypass hte TV...

Didn't it happen with Dolby Atmos only? I remember some issues with Atmos on LG OLEDs but PCM was fine. JZ seems to struggle with every format.

It happens with any PCM audio over eARC while in 120hz mode on xbox. According to folks on the LG C1 thread it doesn't happen on theirs.

Dear *****,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us, I hope this email finds you well.
With reference to your enquiry, we would like to highlight and confirm that our engineers and technical teams are currently investigating the issue and trying to reproduce the issue on their end. Our team also tried to reproduce the issue on different TV models and different manufacturers and it seems so far that the Xbox related issue occurs as well. We are still currently investigating the issue and we will keep you updated as soon as possible.
I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you, however, if
you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Raymond
Panasonic Customer Care Team

@BarryMcKelvey @Hlod Wig @Oriental man live in Elsa @tibor101 @TJay @Thatsnotmynaim

I've had the above response back from Panasonic UK. The line that concerns me is this; Our team also tried to reproduce the issue on different TV models and different manufacturers and it seems so far that the Xbox related issue occurs as well

It would appear Panasonic are setting themselves up to blame the consoles rather than their own brand TVs. This is obviously not the case as it affects both consoles when connected to the JZ series and not other brand TVs, not that I've seen or read being reported at least.

Edit; if I've missed anybodies name off that wishes to be cc'd into updates from Panasonic, please let me know and I'll include you in the future :) .
Hi

Thanks for the update. I really hope Panasonic don’t pass the buck.

The guy that your dealing with, is the same one I’d be speaking with.

I wonder if Avforums can test the PS5 and Xbox with the LZ that they are currently testing, to see if they experience the same with this years model?

Thanks

Barry

Hi gubar, sorry for my late reply.

@Boltzmann Seems like you're not the only one getting this on multiple sets.

Sad to read that your new television has the same problems. It was the same for me, I have my third device now. Here in germany, we have a 12-month "Gewährleistung" where Panasonic has to prove that the problem is not Panasonic's fault but was 'created by customer mistakes'. So within that 12 month, I can call the service for free whenever I have problems. I have done this and they again replaced my Mainboard, of course this did not fix the problem :suicide:.

Did you ever get anywhere with Panasonic on this?
No, "sadley, they cannot reproduce the issue". :D

I am also going to get my money back, in germany this is possible by law after the second failed repair attempt within the 12-month "Gewährleistung", so I can relax and wait for the new LZ models.

What I am going to do now is to contact Panasonic on their social media platforms (Facebook etc.), usally, companies tend to react nicer if you blame them in public:laugh:. I have tried to speak to Panasonic privatley three or four times, it did not work out. Parallel to that I will write some german Home-Theatre Magazines if they could help me to get Panasonic to look at the issue. It would be a great first step if Panasonic agrees that there is a bug.

Greetings!

I have been dealing with panny customer services regarding if the jz series does teletext or red button text services as it says it does in the literature i was sent by them. They have now come back and said it could be a broadcast issue. so just passing the buck, bollox my older panny lcd's do it just fine. My first time in dealing with them but i emailed them back and said your a waste of time tbh. Why not just plug an aerial into a set and try it? Then you will know for definite and can give me an accurate answer. I don't do social media but if i did i would give them some stick. I have always had panny sets but never had to deal with them as had no issues until now. Like a lot of uk customer services currently useless. Although i must praise Richer Sounds they have been superb with a few probs.

Hi gubar, sorry for my late reply.

Sad to read that your new television has the same problems. It was the same for me, I have my third device now. Here in germany, we have a 12-month "Gewährleistung" where Panasonic has to prove that the problem is not Panasonic's fault but was 'created by customer mistakes'. So within that 12 month, I can call the service for free whenever I have problems. I have done this and they again replaced my Mainboard, of course this did not fix the problem :suicide:.

No, "sadley, they cannot reproduce the issue". :D

I am also going to get my money back, in germany this is possible by law after the second failed repair attempt within the 12-month "Gewährleistung", so I can relax and wait for the new LZ models.

What I am going to do now is to contact Panasonic on their social media platforms (Facebook etc.), usally, companies tend to react nicer if you blame them in public:laugh:. I have tried to speak to Panasonic privatley three or four times, it did not work out. Parallel to that I will write some german Home-Theatre Magazines if they could help me to get Panasonic to look at the issue. It would be a great first step if Panasonic agrees that there is a bug.

Greetings!

Hi Boltzman,

yes my second set has went back too, for a refund :( It's a real shame. I must say, Richer Sounds were really helpful in their dealings, so credit to them - I'll got back to them for my next set, when I settle on what I'll buy next (probably an LZ series, once the prices drops at a later date).

If you do reach out on twitter - let me know the details on here, and I can chime in with my experience too.

I sent Panasonic a video of this happening, with a timecode calling out where it happened, along with stills of the problem. They just said, we can send someone out to take a look, but you'll be charged if we don't find a fault! Or you can return it to the retailer. I asked if they'd had other reports of this happening. They said no, it's not a common fault :)

Thanks,

G

I've had my 65 inch JZ1500 set up for a couple of days now. Previously had an LG B6 and CX. Then switched to a QN95A before missing Oled and switching to a Panny. Screen is phenomenal and blows everything other screen out of the water just with out of the box colour settings. Netflix, Disney+ and UHD rips all look like a step up to my previous screens.

Only have issue I've had is sound dropswith Xbox Series X, 120hz, VRR and Dolby Vision. I also had the same issue with the Samsung and CX. Deselecting Atmos in the Xbox audio settings stops the sound drops completely which I'm OK with as prefer standard HDR for gaming.

Appears to be an issue with the 2021 HDMI 2.1 chipsets rather than any specific devices based on my own experience.

I've had my 65 inch JZ1500 set up for a couple of days now. Previously had an LG B6 and CX. Then switched to a QN95A before missing Oled and switching to a Panny. Screen is phenomenal and blows everything other screen out of the water just with out of the box colour settings. Netflix, Disney+ and UHD rips all look like a step up to my previous screens.

Only have issue I've had is sound dropswith Xbox Series X, 120hz, VRR and Dolby Vision. I also had the same issue with the Samsung and CX. Deselecting Atmos in the Xbox audio settings stops the sound drops completely which I'm OK with as prefer standard HDR for gaming.

Appears to be an issue with the 2021 HDMI 2.1 chipsets rather than any specific devices based on my own experience.
I'm just curious as to why, based on your own observations, you've associated Atmos with HDR? Did you possibly mean to say Dolby Vision rather than Dolby Atmos?

I tested vrr at 4k 120hz for pc and it seems to work fine, with no problems, so the problem has to lie with playstation.Im even using the ps5 cable on my pc.

One problem I cant solve is when I restart/turn off my pc the tv will force restart every single time. I disabled vera link/hdmi link, factory reset twice but still the problem persists, Im assuming its not supposed to do this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom