Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Try this :-

image.php

Yeah the top 2 are the pro edition panel with extra brightness. The others aren't. Not sure on the 980 vs 1000.

I think the JZ980 has the cheaper / previous gen panel, although not sure what that means in reality as it’s not as bad as the panel in the previous years HZ980 that could only do 24hz via 3:2 pull down.

Panasonic marketing is pretty poor isn't it, it's all smoke and mirrors, no one knows what any of it means.

Agree some things seem ok but other bits just confuse, not sure if deliberate or just lack of understanding by whoever writes the text..

Here's hoping that it's just the panel (and pointless swivel stand) that are different - as they are all 120Hz and listed as all having Smooth Motion Drive Pro it feels like the JZ980 isn't as handicapped as last year's HZ980 compared to the more expensive models.

Yes Panasonics site is very confusing, the JZ1500 headlines don't mention Master panel either soemtimes, yet the JZ2000 & JZ1000 do, but then in the detail JZ2000, 1500 & 1000 all mention it.

From what I know / read JZ2000 & JZ1500 have the brighter panels.
So reading between the lines I'd say :-
JZ2000 = master panel (latest gen) plus runs brighter + soundbar
JZ1500 = master panel (latest gen) plus runs brighter
JZ1000 = master panel (latest gen?!?) does not run brighter
JZ980 = Older gen panel?

If the JZ1000 had the brighter panel, then what would be the difference between ZJ1500 & JZ1000?
I think the 1500 has a better bass speaker.

Morning all ....... would like some advice please of you lovely folk. I currently have a Panasonic

Hello all & morning ..... I am looking for some advice ..... I currently have the 2015 cx800 50" which I love by the way, but always wanted an Oled & I'm ready to pull the trigger either now or January in the sales. First question are all Oleds brighter than my current tv the cx800 ? My 2nd is I do like my Panasonic tv's with the Hollywoid picture thing, but I have been swayed by the LG G1 55", all the reviews are saying how good all round tv it is & at £1500 alot cheaper than Panasonics flagship tv's. Love my films & di like my gaming on a Series X .... today JL are doing the JZ1000 fir £1169 55", do I wait till January & maybe the JZ1500 comes down more as it has the custom panels, do I go with the LG G1 ? The JZ1000 is tempting at that price & it does tick all the boxes.
Thanks in advance

Hello all & morning ..... I am looking for some advice ..... I currently have the 2015 cx800 50" which I love by the way, but always wanted an Oled & I'm ready to pull the trigger either now or January in the sales. First question are all Oleds brighter than my current tv the cx800 ? My 2nd is I do like my Panasonic tv's with the Hollywoid picture thing, but I have been swayed by the LG G1 55", all the reviews are saying how good all round tv it is & at £1500 alot cheaper than Panasonics flagship tv's. Love my films & di like my gaming on a Series X .... today JL are doing the JZ1000 fir £1169 55", do I wait till January & maybe the JZ1500 comes down more as it has the custom panels, do I go with the LG G1 ? The JZ1000 is tempting at that price & it does tick all the boxes.
Thanks in advance
That’s a great price and a fantastic TV too. I’d go for the Panasonic over the LG.

Don’t forget JL will price match up to 28 days after your purchase for peace of mind. Perhaps buy it in a week so that any potentially better January sale prices will be matched?

HB

That’s a great price and a fantastic TV too. I’d go for the Panasonic over the LG.

Don’t forget JL will price match up to 28 days after your purchase for peace of mind. Perhaps buy it in a week so that any potentially better January sale prices will be matched?

HB

Thanks for the reply ....... just another thing, so the only difference I'm seeing is the screen ? The jz1500 has the custom panel & the jz1000 has the normal panel ? & that's it ? Everything else is exactly the same ..... I have checked the Gaming features & both have Hdmi 2.1 but the Jz1000 is showing 100hz panel where the jz1500 says 120hz ? Am I right in saying there has been a update to correct the 120hz VVR... YouTube video from HDTV test with Vincent...

Thanks for the reply ....... just another thing, so the only difference I'm seeing is the screen ? The jz1500 has the custom panel & the jz1000 has the normal panel ? & that's it ? Everything else is exactly the same ..... I have checked the Gaming features & both have Hdmi 2.1 but the Jz1000 is showing 100hz panel where the jz1500 says 120hz ? Am I right in saying there has been a update to correct the 120hz VVR... YouTube video from HDTV test with Vincent...
Delivers for gamers with Game Mode Extreme
Now with HDMI 2.1 ports and Game Mode Extreme, the TX65JZ1000B packs a range of enhancements for optimised gaming. 4K/120Hz compatibility, HFR (High Frame Rate) and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) combine to improve resolution, lower input lag and maximise detail. With a very low latency performance, you’ll be quicker to see enemies lurking in the shadows and faster to react when you need to fight.

Cheers 🍻 ... thanks again for your advise .... just read this on a trusted reviews says the JZ1000 has the Master Oled panel is this the same as the JZ1500 & JZ2000 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-125239_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-125239_Chrome.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 138
The 1500 and 2000 have the professional version of the master panel. Either cherry picked or maybe that refers to the most up-to-date Evo panel?

Panasonic don’t help themselves,
2000=Master Pro + luminance boost
1500=Master Pro (no mention of LB?!?)
1000=Master
980=Oled ?!?

There’s also confusion if both 2000 & 1500 have the same panel and same luminance boost, some say exactly the same, but others say one is brighter than the other.

The 1500 and 2000 have the professional version of the master panel. Either cherry picked or maybe that refers to the most up-to-date Evo panel?
The JZ1500 and JZ2000 have a added heatsink to allow the panel to go brighter without damaging it and have exactly the same picture quality. Panasonics marketing is very confusing these 2 tv are are a step up from the rest of the range.

The JZ1500 and JZ2000 have a added heatsink to allow the panel to go brighter without damaging it and have exactly the same picture quality. Panasonics marketing is very confusing these 2 tv are are a step up from the rest of the range.
Thanks all, all good info to take on board & yes it's a mine field out there regards tv specs & I'm no expert but can muddle through with research & firing questions in this furom ..... been over seeing the LG furoms for the past month or so with the G1 & C1 bit of a mixed bag really on there with few issues, pink tint etc but the price was appealing alot cheaper than the Panasonic & Sony Oleds but this price for the JZ1000 seems to be a no brainer. I like the Panasonic picture over the other brands my Dad for instance has a Curved Samsung 55" & has it in vivid mode all the time, doh bless him need a welding mask to watch it the silly sod.

Thanks all, all good info to take on board & yes it's a mine field out there regards tv specs & I'm no expert but can muddle through with research & firing questions in this furom ..... been over seeing the LG furoms for the past month or so with the G1 & C1 bit of a mixed bag really on there with few issues, pink tint etc but the price was appealing alot cheaper than the Panasonic & Sony Oleds but this price for the JZ1000 seems to be a no brainer. I like the Panasonic picture over the other brands my Dad for instance has a Curved Samsung 55" & has it in vivid mode all the time, doh bless him need a welding mask to watch it the silly sod.
I've had a 65inch GZ950 for 2 years now and still love it the JZ1000 will be a great tv

I ordered a 65inch JZ980 on Friday & it'll be delivered this coming Thursday.

I'm stepping up from a 12 year old 42 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma (only HD ready, not even full 1080p), so I'll post some impressions regarding the expected "jump" in quality.

I don't even have any actual ultra HD 4K blu rays either, just regular blu rays & standard HD Netflix. Let's see how this Oled experience goes.

I ordered a 65inch JZ980 on Friday & it'll be delivered this coming Thursday.

I'm stepping up from a 12 year old 42 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma (only HD ready, not even full 1080p), so I'll post some impressions regarding the expected "jump" in quality.

I don't even have any actual ultra HD 4K blu rays either, just regular blu rays & standard HD Netflix. Let's see how this Oled experience goes.

You are in for a very big surprise. Prepare to catch your jaw when it drops.... :D

Well I pulled the trigger & got the 55 JZ1000 ........was delivered around 7.30pm this evening so I've not had long with it ...... but I must say my first impressions are wow .... watched some of Newcastle v Norwich game on Amzon & was mighty impressed & that's a stream ..... just been on YouTube & I'm blown away with the 4k Oled content, the blacks my god are ridiculous..... I could stay up all night just testing stuff out but I must retire to my bed. Just can't wait to put a 4k disc in & fire up the Series X

Well I pulled the trigger & got the 55 JZ1000 ........was delivered around 7.30pm this evening so I've not had long with it ...... but I must say my first impressions are wow .... watched some of Newcastle v Norwich game on Amzon & was mighty impressed & that's a stream ..... just been on YouTube & I'm blown away with the 4k Oled content, the blacks my god are ridiculous..... I could stay up all night just testing stuff out but I must retire to my bed. Just can't wait to put a 4k disc in & fire up the Series X

Throw some 4K HDR/Dolby Vision content at it and then you will be truly amazed.

I have the 65" JZ1000.

I had this same needing to go to bed problem with my 65jz1500!

One thing I did notice on the series X in 120hz mode on hdmi 1 is that the sound from earc to Sony htst5000 (hdmi 2) cuts our every few seconds. I switch to 60hz mode and it's fine.

It's ok for me as I prefer Dolby Vision gaming which is 60hz anyway. But worth noting perhaps as an issue. Going to try some different combos of settings to try get it to work well.

Otherwise it is bloody fantastic. Fired up some star wars, jjohn wick 3 and some Disney+ marvel movies and I am very impressed!

What picture mode is most accurate? Filmmaker? Also is there any settings that I must turn off or on. New to the Panasonic UI, too used to the LG one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom