Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

I know this has already been mentioned somewhere else but is the only difference (£300 worth)
the stands on the TX48JZ1500B and the TX48JZ1000B??
Seems a lot for the stand??

Ignore this post, hadn't noticed the 48" size. For 55"/65" the JZ1500B has the top custom panel but not the 48".
HTH,
Hugh

I've compared models on many different sites and emailed people but still not had a definitive answer???

🧐

Is there a flag at all on the Panasonics for HRD10+ content like with dolby vision? Not sure how to confirm hdr10+ through the amazon app as it doesn't appear to be indicated.
HDR10+ doesn't flag up on the Amazon Prime internal app it just flags up when an external firestick is connected to an hdmi input. My 4k firestick is connected to hdmi you get a nice colourful HDR10 + logo. My TV is a GZ950 but basically the same operating system

New firmware 3.124 EU/UK for JZ series

Improvements
Date/Version Description
Nov 24, 2021
Ver.3.124

Improve network applications.
Improve system stability.

New firmware 4.124 Asia / Oceania for JZ series

Improvements
Date/Version Description
Nov. 24, 2021
Ver.4.124

Improve network applications.
Improve system stability.

This is not available OTA? my JZ1000 says it's up to date.

Ok I finally got an answer from Panasonic(well..chat on the little online chatty thing) and they only difference between the 48JZ1500B and the 48JZ1000B apart from the stand and £300 is the power consumption....still rather odd and don't see why that should be different?
Any body here have any idea why that is??

Ok I finally got an answer from Panasonic(well..chat on the little online chatty thing) and they only difference between the 48JZ1500B and the 48JZ1000B apart from the stand and £300 is the power consumption....still rather odd and don't see why that should be different?
Doesn't the 1500 have a higher spec panel compared to the 1000?

Doesn't the 1500 have a higher spec panel compared to the 1000?
In all but the 48", makes you wonder why they bother with a 48" 1500 unless they feel people will be gullible and fall for it.

According to specs on Panasonic site the weight of the JZ1500 is 19,0 Kg whereas the JZ1000 is 19,5 Kg, 500 g more. No idea why this would be so, but maybe the lighter set consumes less electricity 😁

Hi all, I'm very much a 'lurker' of the forum for info & advice so don't post much. However, I'm after some advice if anyone can help. I've taken the plunge and today ordered the TX-55JZ1000B from JL which should be with me Thursday :).

I'm coming from a Panasonic TX-L47DT65B which has been brilliant but it's time for a bigger TV and also to go down the OLED route. When i got the the above mentioned TV there was a thread just like this where someone has posted the 'best settings to use' from tweaking all the various options within the TV. These settings have been used since say 1 and I've loved the picture and everything about it.

I know picture viewing quality etc is down to personal preference but my question is, has anyone who has the JZ1000 found 'the perfect set' up by tweaking the settings or is it pretty good OOTB on 1 particular option i.e pro 1, cinema etc?

If it helps, we're 'normal' TV watchers, we have SKY Q, Netflix and a PS4 currently running on our current TV. We try to watch everything we can in HD but my wife also watches some programs on the lesser SKY channels which don't seem to transmit in HD only SD. I do love the F1 so a good picture for this is essential - LOL

I hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for humouring me :)

Last edited:
Well I order a tx-65jz1500 today from currys price matched to JL and is being delivered on Tuesday as a upgrade to my LG 55b6 with screen burn , can not wait 😀👍

Well I order a tx-65jz1500 today from currys price matched to JL and is being delivered on Tuesday as a upgrade to my LG 55b6 with screen burn , can not wait 😀👍
I ordered the same but with JL. £2250 is a cracking deal. I already own the LG G1 (going in my living room with G1 soundbar) so will be interesting to see what I will prefer!

Are there any input lag measurements kicking about for any of the JZ OLED models? 1000, 1500, 2000 etc.

In terms of input lag I would like to know how the JZ OLED’s compares to the LG C1 in 4K HDR/DV 60Hz with VRR, and also in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz with VRR.

Also, for any owners here, how are you finding these sets now for gaming that you have the latest firmware that is claimed to have fixed the half resolution issue. Any issues with this?

I have had my JZ1500 for a week now and there is noticeable pink tint on the left side. It messes up with the colors too. For example, when watching football the left side of the pitch is yellowish green vs proper green the rest of the screen. Is this going to go away or is a bad panel?

Attachments

• PXL_20211127_041134825_1_1.jpg
    PXL_20211127_041134825_1_1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 153
I have had my JZ1500 for a week now and there is noticeable pink tint on the left side. It messes up with the colors too. For example, when watching football the left side of the pitch is yellowish green vs proper green the rest of the screen. Is this going to go away or is a bad panel?
In my opinion the tv should be going to go away to the store, hopefully you get a faultless one instead. The fault is not going to go away. I have heard that banding might fade away somewhat but never heard that of red tinting. I changed three times and finally won in the panel lottery. That was ez series and the panel had been checked in the store beforehand, of course normally this is not possible.

In my opinion the tv should be going to go away to the store, hopefully you get a faultless one instead. The fault is not going to go away. I have heard that banding might fade away somewhat but never heard that of red tinting. I changed three times and finally won in the panel lottery. That was ez series and the panel had been checked in the store beforehand, of course normally this is not possible.
OK, so the pink tint is not going to go away and this is not typical for JZ series... this is definitely a defective panel? What are the odds that the next one would be better? In all honesty, it will be a great hassle to echange it and the wife would not be happy with the effort associated.

OK, so the pink tint is not going to go away and this is not typical for JZ series... this is definitely a defective panel? What are the odds that the next one would be better? In all honesty, it will be a great hassle to echange it and the wife would not be happy with the effort associated.
I'd say it's unusual, there's been more than 1 but I doubt you'll get another and I'd definately do it ASAP

This has plagued some of the bigger (65 inch plus) OLED's for a while now. Not all panels have the issue but a sizable percentage have it to some degree or another. Your one looks especially noticeable - so yeah - I'd get that changed asap. I thought (hoped) it might be something that the new models managed to get rid of. Obviously, it's still an issue (to at least some extent). Good luck!

Are there any input lag measurements kicking about for any of the JZ OLED models? 1000, 1500, 2000 etc.

In terms of input lag I would like to know how the JZ OLED’s compares to the LG C1 in 4K HDR/DV 60Hz with VRR, and also in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz with VRR.

Also, for any owners here, how are you finding these sets now for gaming that you have the latest firmware that is claimed to have fixed the half resolution issue. Any issues with this?
The review here on AVF for the 1500 and on HDTV Test for the 2000 has input lag measurements. AVF have a review of the 2000 coming soon too.

The latest firmware fixed the VRR/Dolby Vision issue on Xbox for me. People in another thread are saying it's also fixed a screen tearing issue on PS5. You can only get VRR/DV up to 60hz on Panasonic TV's, no word if 120 will come but from what I've seen of 120fps modes on consoles I don't really care personally, the drops in graphics etc just to hit 120 are naff IMO.

I've not seen any issues since the update but I've admittedly not played much because I'm having horrendous audio/lip sync issues with eARC to my AVR. I'm surprised it's not being talked about more.

I'd not be happy keeping that personally. I've got a 65" and not noticed any tint on white, not gone looking for it but it sounds like yours is showing in normal viewing which is definitely not good!

I've just gone ahead and ordered the 55JZ980 with the free soundbar in the Costco Black Friday sales. Amazing there is so little information out there about this particular model, but according to Panasonic the only things it's missing compared to the JZ1000 is the swivel stand and the brighter panel.

JZ1000 does not have the brighter panel, that's the JZ1500 & JZ2000, so basically just stand by the sound sof it.

Yes Panasonics site is very confusing, the JZ1500 headlines don't mention Master panel either soemtimes, yet the JZ2000 & JZ1000 do, but then in the detail JZ2000, 1500 & 1000 all mention it.

From what I know / read JZ2000 & JZ1500 have the brighter panels.
So reading between the lines I'd say :-
JZ2000 = master panel (latest gen) plus runs brighter + soundbar
JZ1500 = master panel (latest gen) plus runs brighter
JZ1000 = master panel (latest gen?!?) does not run brighter
JZ980 = Older gen panel?

If the JZ1000 had the brighter panel, then what would be the difference between ZJ1500 & JZ1000?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom