Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

1. So HDTVTest mentioned in his review that there's slight motion interpolation applied at all time, even with IFC off (same for Sony btw). Did anyone actually notice that it's doing something? Anyone coming from GZ/HZ series noticed smoother motion with IFC off?
2. Is IFC for 24 Hz content improved in any significant way? My main issue with it on HZ series is that even if I set it on minimum then in fast action sequences with lots of cuts it tends to slow down a little sometimes or even slightly stutter (chase sequence at the beginning of Casin Royale as an example) I wonder if it's been somehow improved.

1. No. No.
2. Yes, tried on min and no stutter at all. However, I prefer IFC off for 24Hz contents due to introduction of SOE.

How did your Sony bracket and JZ651500B go? My TV arrives on Saturday and I still have to buy the Sony bracket.

Very well for me. High quality mount, and very easy to install. Feels reliable. Just make sure no cables are in the way, so that the mount fully collapses toward the wall without obstruction.

I read above that two people here have bought the Sony SU-WL850 wall bracket for use with the Panasonic TX651500B. I read that this TV has 400x400mm VESA spacing but I see that the Sony SU-WL850 has 300x300 VESA spacing. Would someone comment as I am about to buy this bracket.

See my last post about 400x400 and 300x300 Vesa differences

See my last post about 400x400 and 300x300 Vesa differences
It's pretty straight forward. The bracket has to accommodate the VESA spacing of the TV, otherwise it won't be suitable.

The WL850 is a proprietary bracket which is "designed specifically for use with Sony Bravia A8, AG8 & AG9 models" which look to have a VESA spacing of 300x300, so presumably it'll only be suitable for the 65" JZ1500 if it is also 300x300

Last edited:
Has anyone here had both a HZ and JZ series? I love my 55HZ1000 and its got the best near black handling ive seen but i need a 65" in the living room and reading about how the JZ is a little worse near black is concerning. It’s mentioned by the review here and also by Vincent Teoh. Is it noticeable for 1080p content like Prime, Disney and Netflix or is is worse content like 720p and even lower bitrate?

Obviously i know the JZ series is still gonna be good near black but would be interesting to hear from people that have experienced the HZ series and JZ if it's noticeable.

Could the near black handling be patched or is it a hardware limitation?

Has anyone here had both a HZ and JZ series? I love my 55HZ1000 and its got the best near black handling ive seen but i need a 65" in the living room and reading about how the JZ is a little worse near black is concerning. It’s mentioned by the review here and also by Vincent Teoh. Is it noticeable for 1080p content like Prime, Disney and Netflix or is is worse content like 720p and even lower bitrate?

Obviously i know the JZ series is still gonna be good near black but would be interesting to hear from people that have experienced the HZ series and JZ if it's noticeable.
I've gone from GZ, rather than HZ, to JZ. I can't see any worse near black handling, but I do think Vincent and Co are able to pick up much more subtle differences than me. I also have the 55", which may make a difference. Cracking set imho.

I've gone from GZ, rather than HZ, to JZ. I can't see any worse near black handling, but I do think Vincent and Co are able to pick up much more subtle differences than me. I also have the 55", which may make a difference. Cracking set imho.

Thanks. I’ve always been sensitive to these issues but if it's just minor differences it’s no big deal. But if it's as bad as the AF9 and AG9 were it’s a dealbreaker.

Thanks. I’ve always been sensitive to these issues but if it's just minor differences it’s no big deal. But if it's as bad as the AF9 and AG9 were it’s a dealbreaker.
Yeah I don't know how the JZ would compare to those. I don't suppose there's any way to know if its an issue for you without testing one out, sorry

I ordered a 65" JZ1500 from John Lewis last week and have just seen they have dropped the price by another £200 to £2,699 with an additional £100 e-gift card by redemption if anyone is about to buy. The same deal is also available on the 55" version (£1,999 plus £100 e-gift).

I've just put my price match in with them. The TV is being delivered on Friday :).

HB

Richer have the same offer but there's also a vouchers that add up to £270 discount on top of the £100 store credit. Not 100% if they're still valid today but if they are it makes the 65" £2430 before taking the £100 credit into account.

What Richer Sounds vouchers can be used in addition to the £100 store credit? Thanks.
Richer have the same offer but there's also a vouchers that add up to £270 discount on top of the £100 store credit. Not 100% if they're still valid today but if they are it makes the 65" £2430 before taking the £100 credit into account.

You can't often combine special offers / vouchers in the same purchase, so if the current offer is 'save £200', then I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get an additional 10% off. This is just a hunch though - I don't know for sure. I wasn't even able to get cashback via an external cashback site when I used a RS discount code.

What Richer Sounds vouchers can be used in addition to the £100 store credit? Thanks.
I posted it in the oled price change thread last week. It's a £250 off voucher and £20 voucher for next day delivery but you can pick standard free delivery and keep the £20 off.

I went right through the checkout to the point of card details and it was working for me.

Even if they don't work I'm pretty sure Richer would rustle up something, they're pretty good with pricing if you ask, I find.

Can anyone with a JZ1500 do a manual software update search and when completed see if they loose sound on the tv please? I checked for new software and after being told i was up to date returned to program and sound was gone. Just want to check if this is an odd bug. Thanks.

Yes I had the exact same problem yesterday. I had to do a return to factory settings to fix it.

Dude, that´s EXACTLY my constellation, too! :thumbsup:

As you, I also did wallmount my SU- WL 850 bracket first and will receive my TV in 1-2 weeks, though not exactly knowing where the cables will come out, I can tell you that the two lower VESA screws on the backside are 12 cm from the lower bound of the TV, at least someone with a 55 inch told me that and I guess that it won´t be different for the 65 inch model.
Here is my Sony su-wl850 on the wall. I used a 2M Ultra HDMI cable and 2M Ethernet cable. The power lead is from my previous TV. Ignore the diagonal plaster chase
WIN_20211020_18_43_03_Pro.jpg

I ordered a 65" JZ1500 from John Lewis last week and have just seen they have dropped the price by another £200 to £2,699 with an additional £100 e-gift card by redemption if anyone is about to buy. The same deal is also available on the 55" version (£1,999 plus £100 e-gift).

I've just put my price match in with them. The TV is being delivered on Friday :).

HB
I have done the same. Remind me how you get the e-gift card?

I have done the same. Remind me how you get the e-gift card?
Put in another match and you'll get £100 more back, they price matched sevenoaks £100 off for me yesterday. £2599. Still waiting for further drops though before I bite.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom