Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Yeah just checked. That's cheap! I was thinking of getting a price match but JL and Richer are both not even listing the 65" version frustratingly. I'd rather pay the extra £600 than give Currys my money.

Yeah just checked. That's cheap! I was thinking of getting a price match but JL and Richer are both not even listing the 65" version frustratingly. I'd rather pay the extra £600 than give Currys my money.
Ha, I feel the same with certain retailers, but my company allows you to buy gift cards at a discount, so I actually saved another £150, using that offer....except I just spent that money on getting the 4k Star Trek Boxset and a Disney plus subscription! Ha

Same actually, 2150 is pretty tempting but their aftersales service is dreadful. Might call Richer and see if they're getting stock and can reserve a price match on it.

I'm tempted, but I'd rather wait and see how other retailers align their price.

I'd never buy anything from Currys. Bitten before, many years ago and wouldn't give them the time of day never mind my hard-earned.

Hi, Hope this is allowed, Currys have the JZ1500 back in stock £2300 for the 65inch version. Just ordered mine, been waiting 5 years for a decent tv since I broke my plasma.
It's showing the normal price now. Let us know if they honour it.

Same actually, 2150 is pretty tempting but their aftersales service is dreadful. Might call Richer and see if they're getting stock and can reserve a price match on it.
I would imagine you'd have to add on the price of a Currys 5 year warranty in order to get Richer Sounds (with their included 6 year warranties) to price match Currys ?

Currys do 5-year warranties on most higher-end TV's*.

Yet they still want to charge you extra for a service plan. 🤔 (bargain, only £7 a month)

Regardless of their warranties, promises, 0 value added on plans etc. Still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. How on earth they managed to stay the only large brick and mortar electrical retailer in the UK, when there used to be decent competition and they've been inept and borderline scam artists for decades, is beyond me.

* They only put 2 years on Philips OLEDs

Currys do 5-year warranties on most higher-end TV's
Ah - my mistake. I'm sure there have been times in the past where they haven't always been included, but you're right - it looks like they are included with the more expensive sets at the moment.

Currys do 5-year warranties on most higher-end TV's*.

Yet they still want to charge you extra for a service plan. 🤔 (bargain, only £7 a month)

Regardless of their warranties, promises, 0 value added on plans etc. Still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. How on earth they managed to stay the only large brick and mortar electrical retailer in the UK, when there used to be decent competition and they've been inept and borderline scam artists for decades, is beyond me.

* They only put 2 years on Philips OLEDs
Their shops are utterly depressing.

I think it's just a simple case that most of the public don't put their money where their mouth is when it comes to service levels, so the shops with the cheapest prices with bad service survive.

Rise of online is always stated as the reason as well, but surely there's more to it than that?

It's showing the normal price now. Let us know if they honour it.
Yes they did, I was worried they would cancel the order, but it arrived this afternoon.

I can't compare it to other TV's as I had a £400 panasonic before, But its absolutely huge, I'm probably going to need a shorter TV unit as it feels like the TV is too high, higher than eye level.

Attachments

• IMG_20211001_154032.jpg
    IMG_20211001_154032.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 375
You must have a very low or couch or chairs if that's higher than eye level.

Your eye level should roughly be the centre of the screen, and from your reflection you're nearly there.

Yes they did, I was worried they would cancel the order, but it arrived this afternoon.

I can't compare it to other TV's as I had a £400 panasonic before, But its absolutely huge, I'm probably going to need a shorter TV unit as it feels like the TV is too high, higher than eye level.
The height doesn't look too bad to me. The general recommendation is for eye level (when seated) to be around 1/3 to 1/2 the way up the screen. I would wait and see how you adjust to the bigger size over the next few weeks.

Got my 65" JZ1500 for what I believe to have been a major discount at 2399€. Beautiful TV, definitely all that I hoped for it to be. I'm really blown away by some 4k 120Hz HDR content.

Although the user interface is generally intuitive, I've got one question about accessing HDMI devices which I have connected through an AVR. With my old VT60 I could use the Viera link button to instantly change to my game consoles and nvidia shield which identified as 'player 1/2/3'. This would change the TV to the HDMI input of the AVR, and the AVR would switch to the requested source. Worked incredibly well, and I'm wondering if the same should be possible with the current generation. Closest I've seen is the Home/Devices menu but that just lists HDMI 1/2/3/4, with no separate entries for devices behind the AVR.

Store chain had a 48h, 20% discount last weekend. TV was expected to take 2 weeks to arrive, but it came rather quickly on Friday.

To answer my earlier question: the exact same menu can be found under the "viera link" app. Binding this app to the assignable button is nifty since the button is in virtually the same spot as the old 'viera link' button on my previous remote.

I've had a couple of weeks with my 65JZ1000 and i'm over the moon with it, such a nice upgrade from my EZ952. HDR is really bright and a lot more so than the EZ, it's just simply, bright enough.

With the right content it produces stunning images and the motion is spot on for me even though I do use a bit of IFC and did as well with the old set.

Normal Sky HD is great as well, I try to avoid SD channels for obvious reasons.

This was bought from JL taking advantage of their 0% finance option for 18 months and took out the additional 5 year accidental damage warranty for £140 (We'll see how that pans out if I get burn in).

Overall very very happy and would thoroughly recommend it.

The Thing 4K UHD.
IMG_20211004_212113.jpg
IMG_20211003_192633.jpg

A new stand is on it's way.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of weeks with my 65JZ1000 and i'm over the moon with it, such a nice upgrade from my EZ952. HDR is really bright and a lot more so than the EZ, it's just simply, bright enough.

With the right content it produces stunning images and the motion is spot on for me even though I do use a bit of IFC and did as well with the old set.

Normal Sky HD is great as well, I try to avoid SD channels for obvious reasons.

This was bought from JL taking advantage of their 0% finance option for 18 months and took out the additional 5 year accidental damage warranty for £140 (We'll see how that pans out if I get burn in).

Overall very very happy and would thoroughly recommend it.

The Thing 4K UHD.
View attachment 1582233View attachment 1582234

A new stand is on it's way.
Nice. Still loving my 55JZ1000 🙂

Im waiting to jump onto the OLED train, and am looking at getting the JZ2000 if prices drop next year. But could someone please give a brief summary of the differences between the JZ1000, JZ1500 & JZ2000? Do they all have the Technics approved speaker?

The JZ2000 has a built-in Atmos soundbar and the Master OLED EVO panel of the LG G1 which gets brighter.
The JZ1500 has the same panel but no built-in soundbar, if you have your own system you'd be better off saving the money and buying this over the JZ2000

The JZ1000 has no soundbar and uses the standard panel that is in an LG C1.

I'm sure there is more others can add.

The JZ2000 has a built-in Atmos soundbar and the Master OLED EVO panel of the LG G1 which gets brighter.
The JZ1500 has the same panel but no built-in soundbar, if you have your own system you'd be better off saving the money and buying this over the JZ2000

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Not sure yet if I like the look of the JZ2000 with the speaker at the bottom, but I like the convenience of having it rather than having a separate soundbar. But perhaps a separate soundbar would sound better?

Last edited:
Don't know much about soundbars to be honest as i have a surround system.

Regardless, a separate stand that's height adjustable can be purchased on Amazon for under £30

Like this
Amazon product ASIN B06XFDLDJK
Also, forum review here for the JZ1500

Last edited:

It's said by Vincent Teoh that the JZ2000 panel is not evo. It is however a master Oled panel with metal heatsink back which lets it go brighter than the LG G1.

Edit - moved to the JZ2000 owners thread.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom