Panasonic JZ OLED Series Owners Thread

Can anyone mention if these TV's are ok for rooms with a lot of natural light?
As suitable as any other Oled.
Not suitable if TV is sitting with direct sunlight on the screen.

Not sure really. I think they are decent for an oled. Are you coming from oled or lcd?
Coming from a Samsung LCD screen. Was looking at the samsung neo led but turns out the size I want, they cheapen the panels.

Kinda hoping the Panasonic panels are brighter and more suitable for my room

As suitable as any other Oled.
Not suitable if TV is sitting with direct sunlight on the screen.
I don't get direct sunlight onto the TV. My window is sound facing so we get a lot in. Maybe as my current TV is curved we notice reflections on the screen more?

Coming from a Samsung LCD screen. Was looking at the samsung neo led but turns out the size I want, they cheapen the panels.

Kinda hoping the Panasonic panels are brighter and more suitable for my room
What is your current TV model number?

A 48" curved Samsung. UE48JU6500KXXU
Rtings review gives a score of 6 for peak brightness. Samsung JU6500 Review (UN40JU6500, UN48JU6500, UN50JU6500, UN55JU6500, UN60JU6500, UN65JU6500, UN75JU6500)

This site doesn't review Panasonics (not sold in the USA) but a roughly equivalent LG CX Oled gets a score of 7 (higher is better). LG CX OLED Review (OLED48CXPUB, OLED55CXPUA, OLED65CXPUA, OLED77CXPUA)

So expect a bit brighter but not massively so. To get a big jump in brightness you would need a high output LCD model See rtings for a list of TVs with tested brightness levels Brightness of TVs: Max Luminosity and HDR Highlights

Rtings review gives a score of 6 for peak brightness. Samsung JU6500 Review (UN40JU6500, UN48JU6500, UN50JU6500, UN55JU6500, UN60JU6500, UN65JU6500, UN75JU6500)

This site doesn't review Panasonics (not sold in the USA) but a roughly equivalent LG CX Oled gets a score of 7 (higher is better). LG CX OLED Review (OLED48CXPUB, OLED55CXPUA, OLED65CXPUA, OLED77CXPUA)

So expect a bit brighter but not massively so. To get a big jump in brightness you would need a high output LCD model See rtings for a list of TVs with tested brightness levels Brightness of TVs: Max Luminosity and HDR Highlights
Very helpful. Thank you for this 👍

Very helpful. Thank you for this 👍
Checking the list the more equivalent Sony A90J gets a score of 6.7 as does the LG C1 so Panasonic models may be closer to that slightly lower score.

I've ordered a 65" JZ1500 along with the Sony SU-WL 850 mounting bracket. Expected delivery will be 1-2 weeks and I want to install the bracket beforehand. The leeway with where the cables come out of the wall is probably not much, so I'll likely have to redo my current conduit. Now I'm looking for some measurements of the TV's backside, in order to determine where the mount should go and where the exit of the conduit should be located. Does anyone have a drawing of some sort for this, or knows where to find them?

I've ordered a 65" JZ1500 along with the Sony SU-WL 850 mounting bracket. Expected delivery will be 1-2 weeks and I want to install the bracket beforehand. The leeway with where the cables come out of the wall is probably not much, so I'll likely have to redo my current conduit. Now I'm looking for some measurements of the TV's backside, in order to determine where the mount should go and where the exit of the conduit should be located. Does anyone have a drawing of some sort for this, or knows where to find them?
Dude, that´s EXACTLY my constellation, too! :thumbsup:

As you, I also did wallmount my SU- WL 850 bracket first and will receive my TV in 1-2 weeks, though not exactly knowing where the cables will come out, I can tell you that the two lower VESA screws on the backside are 12 cm from the lower bound of the TV, at least someone with a 55 inch told me that and I guess that it won´t be different for the 65 inch model.

Italian, not ’watched’ this yet but perhaps there could be something of interest here. If anyone can translate any key moments… 😝

Pink tints used to be a thing on HZ series panels as well, doesn't mean it's evo.
Pink tint has been an issue on oleds from day one just have to take a look at the ec930 thread which basically turned into the pink tint thread. Every year oleds suffer with tint,it is nothing new.

Just that the new 'evo' panels tend to suffer with it more when viewed off angle than the older sets

Pink tint has been an issue on oleds from day one just have to take a look at the ec930 thread which basically turned into the pink tint thread. Every year oleds suffer with tint,it is nothing new.

Just that the new 'evo' panels tend to suffer with it more when viewed off angle than the older sets
And, as far as I understand, the ”evo-tint” is inherent in the technology so every evo panel has the abovementioned problem (or is this true?) whereas the traditional oled tint is a fault in the panel and there are tint free, perfectly uniform conventional panels.

I'm trying to connect a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones to this jz but they won't connect any ideas as to why they won't?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I'm trying to connect a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones to this jz but they won't connect any ideas as to why they won't?
Headphones?
I just paired my Sony WH-1000MX3 and JZ2000 without any problems. You need the TV sound set to headphones, TV in bluetooth transmitter mode, and the devices page open scanning for phones and then just do whatever needs to be done on the headphones to enter pairing (press power for over 7 seconds in the case of mine). Headphones should then appear on the devices list as unconnected. Then just select to pair.

Headphones?
I just paired my Sony WH-1000MX3 and JZ2000 without any problems. You need the TV sound set to headphones, TV in bluetooth transmitter mode, and the devices page open scanning for phones and then just do whatever needs to be done on the headphones to enter pairing (press power for over 7 seconds in the case of mine). Headphones should then appear on the devices list as unconnected. Then just select to pair.

Thanks but I've already done that, they just don't show up on the scanned devices on the TV.

Bluetooth definitely works on the headphones because I can connect them to my mobile phone.

The headphones are the Sony WH-XB900N.

Last edited:
Thanks but I've already done that,they just don't show up on the scanned devices on the TV.

Bluetooth definitely works on the headphones because I can connect them to my mobile phone.
You need to say what your headphones are. It's possible their specs don't match up to that required by the TV.

Your phones have identical bluetooth specs to my ones which work with a JZ2000.
How far between phones and TV when you tried to pair?

Thanks for the help, I managed to connect them this morning. I don't know why they wouldn't connect last night.

Last edited:
Hi, Hope this is allowed, Currys have the JZ1500 back in stock £2300 for the 65inch version. Just ordered mine, been waiting 5 years for a decent tv since I broke my plasma.

Really? Wow thats £600 less than everwhere else stocking it. You sure that's not the 55"?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom