1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic integrated freeview problems/failure

Discussion in 'TVs' started by samjet, Jun 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    just popped over from the plasma forum to post this on behalf of a friend - so apologies if its been covered in the past :D

friend has a panny 32" widescreen with integrated dvb tuner - less than 6 months old (bought from currys with extended warranty :( )

a week or so ago got the on screen message that new dvb channels had been found - they ran the update menu and lost everything on dvb :confused:

i went and had a try and nothing responded on the dvb menu - my assumption the dvb tuner is knackered

they rang currys and was told that ' loads of pannys with the integrated tuner when off when doing this system upgrade' - panasonic apparently know of the problem and all affected tv owners wil be issued with a CAM card that will solve the problem

on my plasma this would fit in the common interface module but don't know if the tv in question has one of these :confused:

SO

does anybody else know of this problem/solution??

should my friend insist on the tv being repaired/replaced under panny warranty rather than accepting this bodge up??

thanks in advance

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This was posted on here a whikle back-the software update can corrupt rendering the set useless :eek: Panasonic know about it........

3. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks - a link would be helpful if possible

btw the tv still receives analogue signals

anybody know more about this CAM mod please :confused:

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Usually the update is via the aerial,sounds like they are issuing an update on a card for the CAM slot of the TV to download new F/W. I'd just get in touch with Panasonic!!

5. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks

but its not an update thats required :eek: the dvb tuner does not work at all and no dvb channels are available - the menu will not respond to any commands!

so how can the CAM card replace a non working tuner :confused: or is it a software fix contained within said card :confused:

my friend spoke to currys as they supplied the tv and therefore contract is with them

would never try to ring panny again after it took me literally hours to get through with a query regarding my plasma

6. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The digi tuner isn't broken it's the software(F/W) that's gone pear shaped. All it needs is a reflash.

7. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks very much - will pass info to my friend and hope said card will sort out problem :smashin:

8. real KHz

real KHz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    is this why i can't receive dvb on my tv? i bought my lxd60 last week and have been unable to get any digi broadcasts at all. i thought that it was maybe that i live in a bad reception area.

a refund's in order me thinks!