Panasonic @ IFA Video Autoplay

RBZ5416

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing that really :censored: me off when browsing it's videos that autoplay, especially with audio. :mad:

Give it a click, it pauses it. I'm going to feedback the request for an option to mute it on load for next year.
Meanwhile I've timed the video so it displays only during the show time so there should be something of interest to everyone at some point during the day. So hopefully it's more of a benefit than not.

What is "Panasonic @ IFA" ?

Give it a click, it pauses it.
And then every time you leave a thread & go back to the list the damn thing loads again. Thanks for taking the time to reply but I'm out until it's gone. Can you advise when that will be?

Edit
From Panasonic's site that would appear to be Monday evening?

Last edited:
Sorry I mean, is it financial advice or what? :p

I've never seen a video pop-up - how ghastly.

And then every time you leave a thread & go back to the list the damn thing loads again. Thanks for taking the time to reply but I'm out until it's gone. Can you advise when that will be?

Same here.

Think I will give avforum a miss for a few days until IFA is over and I don't have to put up with this constant annoying intrusion seemingly every time I visit a different part of the forum.
Once. Fair enough.
But every time I visit or revisit a different forum? No thanks.

I'll be there either saturday or sunday! It was only 11 euros for a ticket! :D

It's intended to be more informative than advert. Thanks for the feedback. This is the first time we've tried a live feed from a technology event and I think it's interesting.
Monday our own Phil Hinton is talking about AVForums.
In future I think we should have an opt out method for the current session.
The event finishes Monday early afternoon.

It's intended to be more informative than advert. Thanks for the feedback. This is the first time we've tried a live feed from a technology event and I think it's interesting.
Sunday our own Phil Hinton is talking about AVForums.
In future I think we should have an opt out method for the current session.
The event finishes Monday early afternoon.

It's not what it is - advert or information - it is the way it behaves.

I don't like something playing automatically with sound that constantly keeps starting afresh every time you visit a new forum. I don't need to hear it ten times in ten minutes.
Can't you fix it so that once you have played it for me, it doesnt try to play it again, over and over and over?

As it is. I have started using the avforums iPad app instead as that is free from such things.

It's only a small number of forums but I appreciate the feedback.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom