Panasonic HZ2000 Flagship OLED TV Review & Comments

Looking at the manual, it states you should be able to turn off Intelligent frame creation settings in dolby vision mode, though maybe not if Netflix calibrated mode is set to ON. Haven't tried myself tho.
I think Netflix calibration is off, but will check. Thanks!

For owners of Sky HD/Q, what would be your overall experience using the TV? Does it suffer from a lot of stuttering or other issues?

For owners of Sky HD/Q, what would be your overall experience using the TV? Does it suffer from a lot of stuttering or other issues?
I thought it was the best TV on the market for Sky, it was awesome

Are you getting another hz2000 or going for an ag9?
I have a sony A1 55 inch and I'm looking for the best 65 inch on the market.
I’m going to try a AG9 as HZ2000 is out of stock with JL right now, plus I do like the 77” size.

Hands down the best 65” on the market is the HZ2000, it’s brilliant.

Had a bit more time with my 55hz. I could well be missing something as I haven’t had time to go through the manual, but it does seem that intelligent frame creation cannot be turned off in Dolby IQ. However, in Dolby dark I can turn it off. Also If I turn on Netflix calibration it prevents Dolby IQ from automatically activating and in Netflix calibration mode I can turn off the frame creation.

quite a relief, since even the lowest frame creation setting is rubbish - horrible soap opera look.

I was having more second thoughts when I found that this tv doesn’t handle motion too well. It doesn’t stutter, but it does blur (some might say that’s what the frame creation is there for, but it just replaces one problem with an even worse one).

I gave black frame insertion a try (default is ‘off’) and it more or less fixes it. The more frames you insert the darker the image, but I’ve found Auto to be great - not much darker than usual and the motion blur is just about gone.

It’s now looking like an amazing tv. They just need to allow frame creation toggle in Dolby IQ (or I need to figure out how to do it) and it’d be perfect.

btw, I’ve played a white screen on YouTube and there doesn’t seem to be any particular discolouration anywhere - or maybe you have to look hard to see it. I’m not going to look again in case I see it.

I read that this tv has access to the kodi app, but it doesn’t seem to be there in it’s App Store. Has anyone here found it?

I’m going to try a AG9 as HZ2000 is out of stock with JL right now, plus I do like the 77” size.

According to JL CS new stock is arriving on the 20th of December. There is also one 65 inch available when you click on in store stock. Might be worthwhile checking with JL for arranging delivery.

I wish I had the confidence to buy another Panasonic. I see them as the Alfa Romeo of the A/V world. There's something special about them, but there's also something not quite right.

Both my Panasonic plasmas were great but they were plagued with frustrating little issues. Now, years later, I'm on my second Panasonic blu-ray player and - just like my first - it often crashes and misbehaves.

I love Panasonic, I just can't trust them.

I wonder, now I just got my oled tv. And you're saying that this (hz2000) oled is the best 65 inch tv.. What do you think of the dimming down of the screen when the overall picture on the screen gets totally bright,.. or white... ?? DOn't you care about that part of the overall capeablity of an oled screen.
Now i'm in my 2nd week of oled,.. I think I start to see this. As soon as the image should have been bright overall,. you get grey screen and missing total brightness in 100 % screen..
I know that I don't have my tv on the most bright settings. But I don't think this would make a difference for MAX full screen brightness.
And as I know that even the HZ2000 doesn't have 500 nits full screen brightness in sdr ! I think the same as all the other oleds.
I can set my oled to brighter hdr sdr.. modes.. But,.. it won't get bright full screen..
I must say that I don't mind NOT getting the complete in your eyes bright full white screen from advertisement messages.. But Bright sun leaded images ! I would like them.
But I know with oled you get the cleaner image with all the other scenes..

The HZ2000 is back in stock, its a choice between the Sony a8 and the HZ2000 for me.

Cannot decide!

I wonder, now I just got my oled tv. And you're saying that this (hz2000) oled is the best 65 inch tv.. What do you think of the dimming down of the screen when the overall picture on the screen gets totally bright,.. or white... ?? DOn't you care about that part of the overall capeablity of an oled screen.
Now i'm in my 2nd week of oled,.. I think I start to see this. As soon as the image should have been bright overall,. you get grey screen and missing total brightness in 100 % screen..
I know that I don't have my tv on the most bright settings. But I don't think this would make a difference for MAX full screen brightness.
And as I know that even the HZ2000 doesn't have 500 nits full screen brightness in sdr ! I think the same as all the other oleds.
I can set my oled to brighter hdr sdr.. modes.. But,.. it won't get bright full screen..
I must say that I don't mind NOT getting the complete in your eyes bright full white screen from advertisement messages.. But Bright sun leaded images ! I would like them.
But I know with oled you get the cleaner image with all the other scenes..
Care to share what picture settings you're using?

Your experience is very unusual and I've never seen one instance of the dimming you describe, in 15 months of owning a GZ2000.

Paul

Its in stock at JL now!
Care to share what picture settings you're using?

Your experience is very unusual and I've never seen one instance of the dimming you describe, in 15 months of owning a GZ2000.

Paul
It's not dimming down in a process that you see. But you do not get bright white screens, you just get grey screens.. With a lcd tv you would get a full bright white screen.. So the screen is not dimming.. It's just not getting bright in your face.. You can also see it as positive. Except full sunny images..

It's not dimming down in a process that you see. But you do not get bright white screens, you just get grey screens.. With a lcd tv you would get a full bright white screen.. So the screen is not dimming.. It's just not getting bright in your face.. You can also see it as positive. Except full sunny images..

A bright "white" screen ? Or a very blue-white screen?

As above 'blue toned white screens' are an optical effect which con the eye into perceiving more brightness than actually exists. White screens (just watch an ad break there are loads) are perfectly white and bright if your set is running correctly.

Regardless, your experience isn't reflective of my own, so sharing your picture settings might illustrate why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Paul

I think Netflix calibration is off, but will check. Thanks!

Just leave Netflix calibrated setting off, then when displaying a DV source, just go into the menu and select your DV default seting from Vivid, IQ or Dark. IQ as you have noted does has some undefeatable motion and noise settings implemented unfortunately, so I have DV Dark set as my default.

Netflix calibrated I find far too dark for HDR anyway.

The HZ2000 is back in stock, its a choice between the Sony a8 and the HZ2000 for me.

Cannot decide!

I didn't realize the A8 was even cheaper than the HZ1000. Even with that said curious, why not the HZ1000 or HZ1500 as part of your choices?

I didn't realize the A8 was even cheaper than the HZ1000. Even with that said curious, why not the HZ1000 or HZ1500 as part of your choices?

I'm after the best possible picture, even if it means a larger outlay. But I am cautious as its seems its pot luck on the panel quality you receive.

I'm after the best possible picture, even if it means a larger outlay. But I am cautious as its seems its pot luck on the panel quality you receive.

Got it....so the Sony was a possible in the running because of the tint issues in this thread not because of the cheaper price. I think at the end of the day if it's cinema content Panasonic is going to be the winner in any of the models. The earlier post about the possibility of QA from LG Display being poor because of the pandemic and another post about "2020 LG panels have a black patch at the top left, with the hz2000 seems that the mura correction turn this patch in a magenta tint".

I still go hz1000 or hz1500 over Sony unless you want to try your luck with a hz2000 but have to be willing to play the return game.

Just leave Netflix calibrated setting off, then when displaying a DV source, just go into the menu and select your DV default seting from Vivid, IQ or Dark. IQ as you have noted does has some undefeatable motion and noise settings implemented unfortunately, so I have DV Dark set as my default.

Netflix calibrated I find far too dark for HDR anyway.

Thanks for replying... I find Dolby vision dark the best option also.

Frame creation does seem to be undefeatble in IQ, which imo is incredibly self defeating. Most buyers that are attracted by IQ are surely likely to be more a connoisseur of PQ than most. In turn I’d imagine most connoisseurs are not fans of frame creation.

So far I think this tv is sublime, but I’ll not be using IQ and would recommend anyone considering this tv to cut IQ out of their decision making, unless they like the soap opera look.

Hopefully Panasonic and Netflix will fix this with an update.

And indeed, the Netflix calibrated setting is too dark.

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a wall mount for the HZ2000? Just ordered mine today from JL.

We bought this ONE off Amazon.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom