Panasonic HZ2000 Flagship OLED TV Review & Comments

950TS has quality control issues/inherent LED limitations (from form users) despite what Phil's review said
Just to clarify I didn't review the 950TS.

Excellent review Phil.

Don't think an OLED TV could ever reach to One Thousand Nits, in its most accurate picture mode, which shows the limitation of the technology even after several generations of OLED panels.

Even next year, it will focus on better near black performance and better motion. You can forget about increases in brightness.

For people who care about ultimate in picture quality AND have deep pockets, would buy this TV.

I would buy the models in the lower in the range of Panasonic..next year:).

Don't think you will ever buy a TV unless we can get 65 inch 10K nits MicroLED for £1000 lol.

Last edited:
Just to clarify I didn't review the 950TS.

Sorry Phil, it was Steve.🙏

Point still stands on real user feedback on the 950TS vs the review. Not sure I've seen a 'Best In Class' so underwhelmed by the forum before.

Something wrong with Samsung implementation + Panasonic OLED bias?

I'm a Panasonic fan (have a 65EZ952) and disappointed with the evolution of OLED — I'm intrigued by the AI-driven increase in picture quality for 8K and Panasonic's software implementation is retro!

WX has a lifestyle premium with identical picture to CX, 950TS has quality control issues/inherent LED limitations (from form users) despite what Phil's review said.

For the money I would expect a step change in picture quality for all 3 not just a marginal gain from the base models.

It's more AMG bodykit on a base model Merc, than a Ferrari
Doesn’t mean the forum members views are right on the Samsung though. And there are always bad TVs in every batch. I don’t know why people on this forum have such bad thoughts on Samsung TVs I have 3 now and they are all fantastic! No problems at all.

Doesn’t mean the forum members views are right on the Samsung though. And there are always bad TVs in every batch. I don’t know why people on this forum have such bad thoughts on Samsung TVs I have 3 now and they are all fantastic! No problems at all.

Think you're probably right, there's a reason Steve gave it such praise.

However, Samsung is an unfashionable brand so the 950TS had to be either perfectly iimplemented or a lower price, to compete with OLED.

Premium price increases expectations which needs proper execution

Think you're probably right, there's a reason Steve gave it such praise.

However, Samsung is an unfashionable brand so the 950TS had to be either perfectly iimplemented or a lower price, to compete with OLED.

Premium price increases expectations which needs proper execution
Give them time they will come down in price and then watch all the great reviews by users on this forum. :smashin:

Give them time they will come down in price and then watch all the great reviews by users on this forum. :smashin:
Any hint of 'dirty screen" effect associated with LEDs will render any price decrease moot, you've seen how us OLED users focus on banding!

Back on topic, sure the HZ2000 is the *ultimate viewers OLED. Can't help think the `tuned` panel is still an LG panel👍

It certainly seems awesome.

Now I just need them to release an 85” version for two grand and I’m in :thumbsup:

Any hint of 'dirty screen" effect associated with LEDs will render any price decrease moot, you've seen how us OLED users focus on banding!

Back on topic, sure the HZ2000 is the *ultimate viewers OLED. Can't help think the `tuned` panel is still an LG panel👍

LG don't make Panels, LG Display make Panels, two very different companies with different engineers and different objectives just owned by the same multinational conglomerate.

LG Display are the only viable supplier of large consumer grade OLED panels so yes Panasonic source from them

Everyone in this forum hurt because they want it but can't afford it :laugh:. Thats life some times guys

Its like saying a "LaFerrari £1,000,000 I can get 4 Ferrari F8s for that price" .... yeh but its not a LaFerrari is it

This model is clearly priced to compete with the WX OLEDs (£4799) and 950TS 8K QLEDs (£5399) of the world

Not one to be presumptuous, but I'm guessing you could easily afford one..(?)

Just testing a theory regarding smugness, that's all...

Great review. I currently have a Sony A1 OLED and am looking to change this year. I will be buying this TV, but will wait until around Xmas when by then there should be a bit of a price drop.

Nope. There are not only 3D projectors but you can also watch 3D blu-rays with VR. In both cases you get a screen much bigger than the largest TV.

I knew about 3D projectors but I don't think that will be something I am likely to be able to consider due to the size of the room my setup is in so this TV is effectively what I expect will be the last viewing medium that I personally will be able to enjoy at home. You quite rightly point out the options going forward and maybe if a house move occurs and I get more space a projector might then be possible.

I wonder how things will appear to extend beyond the "screen" as it were with VR goggles - seems like that would be difficult to have work correctly although that is not something I care about for myself, I have an eye condition that means I can't see it anyway!

Anyway, not looking to derail the thread. Next time I am at a TV showroom I'll be interested in having a proper look a this. I think it might be a bit too pricey for me personally, at least the at launch price. Maybe if it comes down in price in 9 months to a year I could consider it as a replacement for my C6 if I am in need of one.

It’s been pointed out the Panasonic know their market and have been very successful selling the GZ2000 and I expect the same will be true for the HZ2000.

However, there is definitely a big untapped market for people who want the custom panel, but don’t need or want any sound / speakers system with their TVs.

I settled on the 65” GZ950B because I just could not justify wasting all that money on extra speakers that I will *never* use.

The GZ950B is fantastic and I am very happy with it - but I would have happily paid £500 more for just the custom panel.

Panasonic are missing out by not offering a model that has the custom panel and basic speakers. Customers want this combination.

Regards,
James.

It’s been pointed out the Panasonic know their market and have been very successful selling the GZ2000 and I expect the same will be true for the HZ2000.

However, there is definitely a big untapped market for people who want the custom panel, but don’t need or want any sound / speakers system with their TVs.

I settled on the 65” GZ950B because I just could not justify wasting all that money on extra speakers that I will *never* use.

The GZ950B is fantastic and I am very happy with it - but I would have happily paid £500 more for just the custom panel.

Panasonic are missing out by not offering a model that has the custom panel and basic speakers. Customers want this combination.

Regards,
James.
Can you put a link on sale numbers for gz2000?

I wonder how things will appear to extend beyond the "screen" as it were with VR goggles - seems like that would be difficult to have work correctly
It's VR so you can be placed inside any environment. A full-sized cinema, a home cinema or even just a adjustable screen floating in space. The 3D effects work even better because it's just you and a massive screen.
Anyway, not looking to derail the thread.
Agreed :)

Can you put a link on sale numbers for gz2000?
Well it must have done good enough for Panasonic to bring out the Hz2000 a year after with the exact launch price.

Regards,
James.

What about £1200 difference? Whould you have paid that? Panasonic have said before the additional sound inside is not where the extra money comes (too much) its in the engineering of the panel and the sound is an addition for mass market demand just like the SONY AG9 has in built sound, the LG E9, LG W9/X, Philips OLEDs also offer inbuilt sound solutions

The extra speaker system adds on probably £300-500. Look at the HZ1500, it is the HZ1000 with additional inbuilt speakers and it will costs around £300-500 more all year

Is there a reason for this as we had to buy a Firestick was a workaround?

No stated reason. It may never happen. Suspect Disney and Panasonic need to work on this together and it may need money to pass between hands.

Both parties may not feel it’s worth the investment as Panasonic isn’t in the USA any more.

Regards,
James.

No stated reason. It may never happen. Suspect Disney and Panasonic need to work on this together and it may need money to pass between hands.

Both parties may not feel it’s worth the investment as Panasonic isn’t in the USA any more.

Regards,
James.
Thanks however aren't they in Canada, Australia and South Africa?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom