Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Preview

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Yes I had a 65GZ2000 splendid TV. I was actually not thinking of a replacement this year, but a good friend wanted to buy my TV at a good price. So why not.
Sounds like the perfect excuse for an upgrade to me :D

John Hother

And now my new 65HZ2000 has 15 hours of operations on it´s "Log". And the TV has reached about the same picture quality as I experienced with my 65GZ2000. I am very happy with the picture, and the colors I expect to be nearly correct using the Professionel 2 picture profile. The TV will be calibrated in late August.

hz2004.jpg

Last edited:

MJeeves7

And now my new 65HZ2000 has 15 hours of operations on it´s "Log". And the TV has reached about the same picture quality as I experienced with my 65GZ2000. I am very happy with the picture, and the colors I expect to be nearly correct using the Professionel 2 picture profile. The TV will be calibrated in late August.

View attachment 1342382
Looks great John. Enjoy your new TV!
I'm gonna get mine in the late Autumn.

wesslan

How do you find Filmmakermode vs Pro2 out of the box? Will you be using pro modes because you want/need IFC and other features?

I also caved in, arrives early september when we move to a new apartment :)

John Hother

How do you find Filmmakermode vs Pro2 out of the box? Will you be using pro modes because you want/need IFC and other features?

I also caved in, arrives early september when we move to a new apartment :)
I must admit, that I hav´ent used Filmmaker Mode or Dolby IQ yet. I use to watch in Profile 2, and I want to get familiar with that picture first, before I jump to other profiles.

Last edited:

John Hother

Well by now I would say, that the 65HZ2000 has the best picture quality I have ever seen, and the screen has not even been calibrated yet. I am not an expert, but I have had 15 flat panels before this, starting in 2006. And I know that some will disagree with me. People are different.

A photo will never get the dynamic and the feelings taken from a TV picture.

hz2005.jpg

Last edited:

Slugsy01

Well by now I would say, that the 65HZ2000 has the best picture quality I have ever seen, and the screen has not even been calibrated yet. I am not an expert, but I have had 15 flat panels before this, starting in 2006. And I know that some will disagree with me. People are different.

View attachment 1342825
Stunning, how is the set with content such as dark scenes?

Also, if you don’t mind, have you had the chance to look at motion, sports or fast moving scenes?

Thanks

Gibsy

View attachment 1342825
Looks great!!
Getting excited now, mine arrives Thursday. my first OLED too!!

John Hother

And a picture more which was taken for use at the Danish Forum recordere.dk. Here I have a thread only about my new 65HZ2000. The thread tells about my thoughts, the buying process, the delivery of the TV, my test of my new TV and so on. My thread has by now been viewed more than 16000 times.

hz2006.jpg

Slugsy01

Not strictly relevant but I’m now getting seriously tempted by the HZ2000

Any TV that can handle GOT the way it does in this video, is a champion in my book.

Skyrider

Thanks for the link to that comparison: as a former Kuro/current ZT65 owner, I found that especially interesting.
Should be getting my HZ2000 delivered this coming week, but will be keeping the ZT65 for old times sake :clap:

Slugsy01

Thanks for the link to that comparison: as a former Kuro/current ZT65 owner, I found that especially interesting.
Should be getting my HZ2000 delivered this coming week, but will be keeping the ZT65 for old times sake :clap:
Yes, I still have my Kuro in the study, just can’t quite give it up. Congrats on the HZ, from the reviews it looks like a cracker.

Skyrider

Yes, I still have my Kuro in the study, just can’t quite give it up. Congrats on the HZ, from the reviews it looks like a cracker.
Thanks, looking forward to it.

Feel the same way about the ZT65 after living with it for 7 years! Was sad to see the Kuro go, but wasn't in a position to keep it at the time. Is your Kuro still performing okay?

rupert81

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Feel the same way about the ZT65 after living with it for 7 years! Was sad to see the Kuro go, but wasn't in a position to keep it at the time. Is your Kuro still performing okay?
My Kuro had a red tint when it was given to my brother, not that he'd notice! The vt50 my sister has is still performing magnificently. I'm getting tempted again by these Panasonics despite my q9 being excellent. Must resist....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

Mulan to premiere on Disney+ on 4th September
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Has Amazon Prime Video dropped Dolby Atmos?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom