Quantcast

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Preview

bogart99

Not being a gamer the fact it is not full 2.1 is of an irrelevance to me or is it? How far in the future would full 2.1 cover me. I know you can buy 4k cameras but not at 120, well not at my prices. Is this a definite oversight by Panasonic, and everyone else apart from LG or just common sense. I might be wide of the mark but I would have thought to tweek the 2.1 to full blown was not goiung to bankrupt Panasonic.

thedoswells

It’s disappointing and somewhat surprising that they haven’t included more 2.1 features, but I’d question whether they are absolutely essential to everyone. Panasonic are clearly still focussing on the Hollywood to your home message as the priority so it’s an small incremental update from the gz2000.
i certainly wouldn’t be upgrading if I had a gz2000, or possibly any recent oled, but if you are a movie lover and coming from an older tv and are looking for the best experience (albeit at a price I’m sure), I reckon this will be hard to match...

usman24

what about getting rid of colour banding?

zubeir

Top end model in 2020 withouth hdmi 2.1.......zero future proof.
Poor decision from Panasonic not to have full fat HDMI 2.1
spot on with no future proofing, you would expect someone who spent this much on a TV would want to keep it 5 years +

Bad mistake Panny, and any other manufacturers making good sets for 2020 without HDMI 2.1

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Don't care about HDMI 2.1 but understand its a lost opportunity as they are underestimating the booming gaming market.

However this will be among the top 3 TVs ever made for sure.

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
If this TV improves on my 65GZ2000 then it will be some TV for sure.
I will not be purchasing, will wait for the 2021 models as not enough this year in my opinion to make it worth upgrading.
I will be buying the PS5 and Xbox Series X at launch so will wait to see what extra I need when they arrive.

blueboy1873

Being a Non Gamer myself I do feel for the gamers especially if they are or have been loyal to Panasonic over the years. I can totally understand their frustration and annoyance if for example, they were going to purchase a GZ last year until they found out No full Bandwidth 2.1 & Zero VRR. Then subsequently decided to wait a full year in expectation that the HZ this year would have Full 2.1 and happy Panasonic Customers would be resumed. But However this is Not the case, now 2 years on the bounce Panasonic have failed to supply the Gamers with All the features they seek and aspire to have in a 2020 TV. If Panasonic do lose a shed load of Customers to LG because of this mis-step then it's been an incredibly poor Business Decision from the guys in Osaka.

On the flip side...non gamers whom are only interested in Industry Reference Standard Image Accuracy and Quality will lap it up, as in this area the HZ will knock it out the park. And as I've said myself on here this for me is Panasonic's focus.

There's now two sides too this...AV Enthusiasts who are Gamers are now thinking and verbalising come on Panasonic, it wouldn't have sent the Company into Liquidation to include Full HDMI 2.1 Inputs in the HZ and now feel totally let down, disappointed & disregarded with Panasonic. Then there's the Movie Purist who'll just be thinking and feeling, Yes another Amazing Panel to watch my 4k UHD Film Collection on.

Jokerr

I wonder if the fact that Panasonic do not sell in USA makes it more difficult to partner with DISNEY and APPLE, hence no sign of Disney+ or AppleTV+.

Last edited:

blueboy1873

I wonder if the fact that Panasonic do not sell in USA makes it more difficult to partner with DISNEY and APPLE, hence no sign of Disney+ or AppleTV+.
Mmmmmm....Not Sure. But it would be prudent and display sound business practice if they crunched the numbers in EMEA & Australia to ascertain Apple's Market Share against Android, Android Devices and other Non Apple Devices in these Regions. Question is do TV Manufacturers look that Deeply into it on a Country by Country/Continent basis?

So yeah...potentially new & existing Panasonic Customers wrapped up in an Apple ecosystem at home will definitely look at any new TV purchase and peruse the Specs for Apple Support.

Metalex

For those worried about the lack of HDMI 2.1/VRR/120Hz, how important will those features really prove to be in the short-medium term?

Is there any reason to believe next gen console games won’t be locked to 30fps or 60fps, as a lot currently are?

Let’s not forget that HDMI 2.1 will not be a minimum requirement to use the new consoles, so games developers will still be catering for those with TVs that can’t do VRR or 120Hz.

chaparral

LOL if Panasonic new 2020 flagship OLED doesn't have HDMI 2.1
That would cost them loads of sales

Going by this sony new 2020 OLED also doesn't have HDMI 2.1 :eek:
Sony A9 4K OLED TV Preview
There are HDMI 2.0 inputs with support for eARC (enhanced audio return channel), but Sony still hasn’t embraced HDMI 2.1, which seems strange with the launch of the PS5 later this year.

Last edited:

Gerry76

I need info about HZ1000. Once again i dont believe HZ2000 will be worth the premium they demand for it. HZ1000 or 950 will be much better value, with the same processing.
when does panasonic host its own event ,when in february i mean?

Gerry76

HZ2000 specs are posted on panasonic uk site. Release says July 2020. I dont understand why is panasonic every year the last to launch among the major manufacturers? LG launches by april or may.

blueboy1873

With this year's upcoming Euro Football Championship starting on 12th June to 12th July....will the TV Manufacturers get their TV's out in time. Seems a release date of July for the HZ Models could miss the Bus.

Trending threads

Latest News

Panasonic launches SC-HTB600 and SC-HTB400 soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic launches HX940 and HX800 4K LCD TVs for 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson launches 3230 loudspeaker at Bristol Hi-Fi Show
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 17th February 2020