Panasonic HZ1000 (TX-55HZ1000) OLED TV Review & Comments

HI, does anyone know if the height of the TV on the stand is adjustable?

cheers

HI, does anyone know if the height of the TV on the stand is adjustable?

cheers
It's fixed for the 1000/1500.
Not sure about other models.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum - though a regular reader (and youtube viewer) of reviews on avforums. As I was keen for an OLED, I carefully read the reviews and your experiences. They made me go for a Panasonic OLED. A different model than the HZ1000 though, yet I’ll keep reading your experiences.

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m new to the forum. I purchased 55” HZ1000 for like 2 weeks ago. I now want to upgrade my Apple TV HD to an Apple TV 4K and Sonos Arc. Sonos just recently updated Arc to support LPCM. Anybody knows if HZ1000 support LPCM?

yes it does. I have HZ1000 and Arc and ATV4K.
Just remember to configure your ATV4K the right way and not automatic way.

yes it does. I have HZ1000 and Arc and ATV4K.
Just remember to configure your ATV4K the right way and not automatic way.

Thanks 🤗
What’s the best audio settings for Hz1000 and Apple TV 4K together with Arc?

Last edited:
Thanks 🤗
What’s the best audio settings for Hz1000 and Apple TV 4K together with Arc?
See. the youtube video i linked to. :)

i went with the automatic setup when connecting the ATV to my Panna, but the picture didn’t seem rigth.
Search and found that youtube video and did what they instructed and voila.. !

See. the youtube video i linked to. :)

i went with the automatic setup when connecting the ATV to my Panna, but the picture didn’t seem rigth.
Search and found that youtube video and did what they instructed and voila.. !
Thanks! I watched the video, but I could only see video settings. I’m gonna watch it again, maybe I missed that part. Thanks once again 😊

Thanks! I watched the video, but I could only see video settings. I’m gonna watch it again, maybe I missed that part. Thanks once again 😊
well video settings was what i was aiming for since audio just works out of the box as long as you do not manually change settings.
LPCM and Atmos works for me without any manual changes :)
You can verify sound in Sonos app :)

well video settings was what i was aiming for since audio just works out of the box as long as you do not manually change settings.
LPCM and Atmos works for me without any manual changes :)
You can verify sound in Sonos app :)
Nice to know! I don’t need to be so worried now. Thanks 😊

I have been looking at this TV to replace my ageing Panasonic PZ81 plasma ... which to be fair is still going strong with the only picture issue being some blotchy purple colouring on the white band at the bottom of the screen if I'm watching Sky News for example (which I'm not at the moment as the news is just depressing).

I've just bought a Sonos ARC to add to the various other bits of Sonos kit I've built up over the last few years. I'm connecting audio via the Sonos audio adapter as my TV doesn't have Arc - so I'm not getting the best sound for movies etc (am I right in thinking sound from TV optical out would only be stereo??).

My plasma is wall mounted - possibly a little too high if I'm honest. I don't know if I'd be able to use the same bit of kit to mount the HZ1000 - and if it would end up being higher??

If I didn't wall mount the HZ1000 - is there enough clearance at the bottom for the Sonos ARC - or would it block the bottom of the screen in any way?

Other possible option to overcome the lack of Arc on my plasma is to buy a HDFury Arcana ... but looks like I'd have to wait a while as they are not currently in stock.

IMG_3746.jpeg

I have been looking at this TV to replace my ageing Panasonic PZ81 plasma ... which to be fair is still going strong with the only picture issue being some blotchy purple colouring on the white band at the bottom of the screen if I'm watching Sky News for example (which I'm not at the moment as the news is just depressing).

I've just bought a Sonos ARC to add to the various other bits of Sonos kit I've built up over the last few years. I'm connecting audio via the Sonos audio adapter as my TV doesn't have Arc - so I'm not getting the best sound for movies etc (am I right in thinking sound from TV optical out would only be stereo??).

My plasma is wall mounted - possibly a little too high if I'm honest. I don't know if I'd be able to use the same bit of kit to mount the HZ1000 - and if it would end up being higher??

If I didn't wall mount the HZ1000 - is there enough clearance at the bottom for the Sonos ARC - or would it block the bottom of the screen in any way?

Other possible option to overcome the lack of Arc on my plasma is to buy a HDFury Arcana ... but looks like I'd have to wait a while as they are not currently in stock.

View attachment 1407954
We have our HZ1000 65” on the tv bench and Sonos Arc in front. Works fine. It does not block the bottom part of the screen unless you are viewing the tv sitting on the floor ;-)

View attachment 1407954

Attachments

• 56A9F06D-B335-4FFC-9EE7-36015B76423E.jpeg
    56A9F06D-B335-4FFC-9EE7-36015B76423E.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 4EA10918-75D6-47AD-8B3B-8AD6D780B747.jpeg
    4EA10918-75D6-47AD-8B3B-8AD6D780B747.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 241
  • B4ACB12B-7B48-404D-A008-8D6B5583B4E7.jpeg
    B4ACB12B-7B48-404D-A008-8D6B5583B4E7.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 301
We have our HZ1000 65” on the tv bench and Sonos Arc in front. Works fine. It does not block the bottom part of the screen unless you are viewing the tv sitting on the floor ;-)

Thanks ... really useful 👍

Thanks for very quick reply and also the photos 👍

View attachment 1407954
From my understanding, the ideal vertical placement of a screen is that your eye level should be a third of the way up the screen from the bottom. You can always buy an adjustable stand with VESA mounts which will provide enough clearance above any soundbar.

From my understanding, the ideal vertical placement of a screen is that your eye level should be a third of the way up the screen from the bottom. You can always buy an adjustable stand with VESA mounts which will provide enough clearance above any soundbar.

Thanks ... that does confirm my current TV is mounted too high ... as I thought 👍

Thanks ... that does confirm my current TV is mounted too high ... as I thought 👍

The right height is the height that is comfortable for you. Never understood people sticking the TV above the fireplace, they must have permanently cricked necks.

Torn between getting an LG GX and the HZ1000 for wall mount purposes - the HZ1000 is only 100€ cheaper.

Did anyone wall mount this thing and how does it look? How flush can you get it (with what mount) and how does it look from the side? The side shots of the HZ1000 are not very comforting

Torn between getting an LG GX and the HZ1000 for wall mount purposes - the HZ1000 is only 100€ cheaper.

Did anyone wall mount this thing and how does it look? How flush can you get it (with what mount) and how does it look from the side? The side shots of the HZ1000 are not very comforting

I took delivery of the HZ1000 yesterday (55"). At the moment I have it on its stand as my current bracket would be far too high (see photo).

For viewing ... the height it perfect for us, but I'd like to raise it maybe a couple of inches just to get it sitting above my Sonos ARC. I might just get an adjustable stand - something like this Sanus TV Stand ... but I'm also interested in views from those that have mounted it.

IMG_3753.jpegIMG_3755.jpeg

I took delivery of the HZ1000 yesterday (55"). At the moment I have it on its stand as my current bracket would be far too high (see photo).

For viewing ... the height it perfect for us, but I'd like to raise it maybe a couple of inches just to get it sitting above my Sonos ARC. I might just get an adjustable stand - something like this Sanus TV Stand ... but I'm also interested in views from those that have mounted it.

View attachment 1409411View attachment 1409412

IMG_20201030_142853.jpg
IMG_20201030_142853.jpg

I forgot to mention in my earlier post ... I bought my 55" two days ago - placing my order over the phone with my local Richer Sounds branch. I paid £1,399 - so £100 off the website price as someone else was apparently selling it for that price when I phoned on Monday. Website is still showing £1,499.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom