Panasonic HZ1000 (TX-55HZ1000) OLED TV Review & Comments

This looks like the one ill be getting. JL and Currys sold out. Typical.
How long do JL take to get stock in normally?

I don't know about JL, but I had to wait a few weeks for mine to become available - apparently the Covid situation has restricted the number of panels available in the country, so most people are probably struggling for stock.

I don't know about JL, but I had to wait a few weeks for mine to become available - apparently the Covid situation has restricted the number of panels available in the country, so most people are probably struggling for stock.

The big 3 - JL, curry’s and Richer sounds don’t have any.
4 smaller companies have them online but I’d have to check out trustpilot.

The big 3 - JL, curry’s and Richer sounds don’t have any.
4 smaller companies have them online but I’d have to check out trustpilot.

Might be worth e mailing them first - they could take your order, then advise they are out of stock. As long as you pay by credit card you are protected, but you would have the hassle of getting a refund.

Have you tried Peter Tyson? I got mine from there.

Running pro 2 and turned down contrast. Looks really good. Ill watch the football later.
Ordered from John Lewis. Coming Thursday.
Any tips on picture settings? Thanks
As well as AVF's own, Picture Perfect & poster's suggestions, many websites can help such as:

The 2020 model list includes this TV.

Last edited:
As well as AVF's own, Picture Perfect & poster's suggestions, many websites can help such as:

Although only to be used with a pinch of salt. For some reason they recommend using -8 for red on white balance settings - I tried this, but it produced a distinctly green tinge.

I find the standard out the box settings on Pro 1 to be a good starting point, and I have just turned down the luminance and sharpness to taste, as well as slightly tweaking the red saturation a tad.

I had my LG calibrated by someone on here about 4.5 years ago and it has a great picture but I still ended up with screen burn.

what’s the setting I have to be careful with in regards to screen burn..Lumenance?

So the remote on this is horrible. Why did they get rid of the really nice remote from the ez952 days? (Cost of course) Tempted to get a spare at £65 but that’s a bit wasteful.

So does anyone reduce their brightness when gaming?

If you think my maths about the patch sizes are off. Please correct me.. If I read 1 % window... I think it's 1 percent of the total square-size. So it will be 1/100 part. And 10 x 10 = 100 ! So,.. 100 parts of 1/10th of width and height.. And that's a reasonable big part of the screen.. Not a candle light or star !
For one thing, the patch won't be a square, it will be a rectangle due to the TV's 1.78:1 aspect ratio. Thus, if you know the width and height measurements of the display, you can calculate what 1% of that will be. But yes, a 1% window is many more pixels than the specular highlights that would make up a candle light or a star field. However, that doesn't automatically mean those specular highlights will be brighter than a 1% window. See my comment on power management.

One thing to consider, those picture settings are their calibration settings and are unlikely to result in your TV becoming calibrated, if you use them.

Paul

I come from the Netherlands.
What are the best settings for the HZ1000?
Where can i find them?
In sports? (motion)
And Netflix and Prime?
I like a powerful image.
A normal ambient light in the room .

Regarding the frameskipping issue... Has this issue been observed with all IFC, etc. modes off? This would be a real shame for the most important framerate for movie watching in general. And frameskipping is visible very well with 24fps.

Has Panasonic been contacted regarding this issue and have they maybe even commented on it, @Phil Hinton?

Vincent seems to think as it's been around for a couple of years that it may be something inherent in the HCX chip.

Regarding the frameskipping issue... Has this issue been observed with all IFC, etc. modes off? This would be a real shame for the most important framerate for movie watching in general. And frameskipping is visible very well with 24fps.

Has Panasonic been contacted regarding this issue and have they maybe even commented on it, @Phil Hinton?
I haven’t noticed it, I don’t think, and I noticed it a lot on the ez952. I thought I saw it on Leon UHD disc the first night I had the TV but replaying that section carefully, I couldn’t spot it.

I did notice with DV IQ on, you can’t switch off frame interpolation=min. That seems odd.

Yep - when I had mine calibrated, we just went for DV Dark because you can't disable several controls on DV IQ. Seems really strange that Pana have locked it down, but perhaps it's guidance from Dolby. In any case, it seems DV IQ isn't an option if you don't want BFI etc..

Somewhat tempted to upgrade from my wonderful fz802 to the 1000 To get nice DV, film maker mode, better motion, better posterisation etc. Trying to resist...

Somewhat tempted to upgrade from my wonderful fz802 to the 1000 To get nice DV, film maker mode, better motion, better posterisation etc. Trying to resist...

If Pana pull out of the UK market next year, you will regret not doing it.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom