Panasonic HZ1000 (TX-55HZ1000) OLED TV Review & Comments

pressure

Is that likely @CaptainJames ? If they’re not in the uk, where will they be selling?

CaptainJames

Is that likely @CaptainJames ? If they’re not in the uk, where will they be selling?
I don't know how likely it is, but that's the mutter from the gutter.

It still haunts me that I held out against buying a KRP 500 Kuro as I thought it would be smart to wait for the 10th gen panels....

Bert888

Novice Member
If I freeze the SD image and start playing with the sharpness, then sharpness at 82 is the best image. Then stand at a distance of 1 meter. HZ1000

CaptainJames

If I freeze the SD image and start playing with the sharpness, then sharpness at 82 is the best image. Then stand at a distance of 1 meter. HZ1000
Not the best way to set sharpness to be frank. While it might superficially sharpen up a poor SD image, in reality you will be adding a lot of artificial edge enhancement and ringing.

Best to use a test card, start from zero, and gradually increase until you can see the line edges ringing then slightly back it off. I always default sharpness to zero.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Are we expecting any sort of price drop come black Friday? Current prices of these is into LG 65" territory...

I also said if I upgraded I'd go 65", but a superior panel might swing me to stay at 55.

choddo

They seem to be as rare as hen's teeth at the moment, so I'd be surprised if there's much discounting. Been wrong on this before though :)

Toon Army

Pricing strategies by manufacturers will be determined by sales ( deepening recession ), manufacturing capacity and whether or not they release new models next year amongst various considerations.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom