Panasonic hx800 65" ?

Phooo

So I'm looking for a cheep 65" tv for family room just for general daytime viewing .

Ii want a 65" and budget is £600 max . I have been offered a hx800 at £599.00

I know this tv has short coming as do all . Will use 4k firestick for apps and soundbar for sound .

This seems like a good deal but just wandering if anyone else can suggest anything better. For the budget

Thanks

tvdavid

Dodgexander

All the best buys are here: New My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

Panasonic is in the section to avoid, but that's because its usually more expensive. At £600 I'd say the Hisense U7Q is still better value if you are going to use HDR with the TV as it can reach 700 nits whereas the Panasonic is around 350.

Ideally for modern video usage such as streaming in HDR you want to aim for a high tier TV as you'll get issues with HDR otherwise. Something like the Sony XH9505 is popular in the high tier section, but is over budget. I'd consider not buying anything for now, saving up for a more expensive TV instead and buying one of those since there's much better value to be found with more expensive TVs now than cheaper ones.

Phooo

All the best buys are here: New My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

Panasonic is in the section to avoid, but that's because its usually more expensive. At £600 I'd say the Hisense U7Q is still better value if you are going to use HDR with the TV as it can reach 700 nits whereas the Panasonic is around 350.

Ideally for modern video usage such as streaming in HDR you want to aim for a high tier TV as you'll get issues with HDR otherwise. Something like the Sony XH9505 is popular in the high tier section, but is over budget. I'd consider not buying anything for now, saving up for a more expensive TV instead and buying one of those since there's much better value to be found with more expensive TVs now than cheaper ones.
Thanks for the feed back, im moving house and going to get a hz1000 or lg cx or a8 for my TV. (As leaving my xf9005 as part of my sale) This one was just for the kids and to stick the news on whilst cooking etc . As it's discounted just seemed might be a good option . But will look at hisense but have a hisense roku and was hoping for sd the panasonic would be a better option.

tvdavid

a 55 inch oled would be far better.

Phooo

a 55 inch oled would be far better.
Yer defo, but really don't trust the kids not to leave the xbox on and will get an 65 oled for the other room . Really looking at a max budget of £600 for this tv and want a 65 .

Dodgexander

I wouldn't worry about what you buy in that case. Just get the cheapest TV in the guide. Usually that is one of the Hisense A series. No need to spend more money on a TV that carries the same drawbacks as more expensive options.

I expect kids won't be using much HDR content either, so there's no reason even to jump up to the more expensive U7Q.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom