• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic HT530 audio to Onkyo 605

goldtar

Standard Member
Hi there

Just bought a new amp (ONKYO 605) and speakers and want to know if there is anyway that I can continue to use the panasonic DVD drive that forms part of the SC-HT530 Home Cinema system.

There is a strange lead that connects the Panasonic DVD player to the active subwoofer and the rest of the speakers are connected to the subwoofer. I want to do away with the subwoofer and speakers from that system and feed the sound through the new amp. This lead must be sending the DD/DTS data to the subwoofer. Is there a lead/adapter available to do this or could the existing lead be amended in some way.

The attached picture shows the back of the DVD player - the lead currently connects where it is labelled "A".

Attachments

• DSCF2043.JPG
    DSCF2043.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 658

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
i dont think that would be possible,it seems like a proprietary connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom