1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HT500 - thoughts please !!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by seanh, Sep 15, 2003.

1. seanh

seanh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys & gals,

After finally (well the start of the year !) buying a Sony 32"LS60 TV, i am now in the ball game for an all in 1 cinema system.

Pre reqs must be......

1 - Superb performance making us of my RGB socket !
    2 - No more that £400
    3 - A nice looking ish unit so as not to upset the Mrs !

I have seen the Panasonic HT500 which has 500W and is a nice slim number so looks worth trialing at £350......................

Or does it ???

Anyone got one or any thoughts on it as a good all in 1 system ???

cheers,
    Sean

:clap:

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are not bothered about multi region you can the next model up (More power, floorstanding speakers) Panasonic SC-HT900 for less than £400 (even Comet Online has it at £405) or multi region for about £430 to £450 Much better value if you think about the speaker stands you would then need to buy. I have had mine for about 3 weeks now (ex demo multiregion from Techtronics for £390) and I can't recommend it enough: it even has Component out put and NTSC Progressive Scan for when you next update you TV, it very good value, go on, spend the extra. It looks great aswell.

3. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    Also 900 has DolbyProLogic-II which 500 doesn't and the speakers can also be wall mounted (kits comes with it)

Btw, if you do go for 500 then it can be had for £265 inclusive delivery and multi-reg from www.digital-point.co.uk

A friend of mine has the 900 and we both think it is really good for the money. The floor speakers looks so good and expensive as well and the sound is well powerful enough. Picture is very good with rgb.

Wasabi.