Panasonic HS2 setup problem - no analogue channels!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gravesend46, Jan 3, 2003.

1. gravesend46

gravesend46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is a problem as such, but I have just bought a DMR-HS2 and tried to AutoSetup the channels but it detected none - mainly because I have no analogue connection - just a digital Telewest connection which provides pictures via the digital box > TV SCART link.

I don't have the HS2 linked directly to the digibox as it all runs through a SCART switch box which technically allows me to record from source B or C (VCR and digibox) to source A (HS2). However, I haven't yet tried this out. Is the lack of analogue channels and non-detection of these by the HS2 a problem, or will it record OK using the SCART switch box as long as I have the digibox tuned to the right channel?

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I think you answered your own question.. you have no ariel connection (which like a video I presume there is a socket on the back of the HS2) so you will not any analogue channels.

You are using a digi box which as far as the HS2 is concerned is one channel (one of the av inputs) it will never see the various digital channels (unlike the tivo/sky + which can change digi channels)

HTH

Matt