1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HS2 Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alim, Sep 26, 2003.

1. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My setup is NTL cable box; Panasonic TV less than 3 months old with 2 SCARTS (one is RGB).

I have just received the recorder 2 days ago and am trying to set it up.

Having connected up the recorder to the equipment as suggested in the instruction manual diagram, when I switch on I get a symbol rotating on the front panel continously and never getting any further. (I can't even open the disc tray.) The only way to power off the recorder is to hold in the on/off switch for 10 seconds. If I remove the power lead from the recorder to simulate a powercut the recorder does not go into recovery mode. It seems as if the recorder has frozen.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the solution?

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I got a disc stuck in my E50 player once,but holding down the power button for so long cured it and it hasn't done it since.I think I was playing a CD or something.

Is it ok now you've reset it?

3. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps my posting wasn't clear but the problem is still there. Can't see any way round.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    It does sound as if your HS2 is showing the symptoms of a machine with a disk stuck in it. To see if this is the problem hold down the standby button for at least 15 secs and then try the eject. If there is a disk in there that's the problem.

The HS2 spins up both DVD drive and HDD before switching on - if either fails it doesn't come on. Thus if it's not the DVD drive it could well eb the HDD on the blink.