1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HS2 & FR recoding mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TP2K, Apr 25, 2004.

1. TP2K

TP2K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    - having created several -R discs recently using the FR mode for stuff which exceeds the standard XP vs disc space.

I have noticed when looking at the properties via a PC, that the discs are only infact 3.95GB used.

Is this normal?

I assume it is, and if it is then it's a great waste of space on recordable discs which could be beter utilised into providing better PQ.

2. lovemovies

lovemovies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Iv'e noticed that mine used 4.1Gb. Strange.

3. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the 4.1GB size is the maximum indivudual file size in the DVD -R file specification although the disk can actually hold 4.38GB.
    Authoring software such as Movifactory 2 from Ulead will , if the recording exceeds 4.1GB , generate a second contiguous file to make up the difference.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,840
    I noticed the same thing. RAM also has an average 4GB limit

I now record everything at least in SP mode and then edit on the computer. This is so I can use the full capacity of a +R/+RW.

I use a combination of DVD Author, MPEG2VCR and DVD2DVD-R to get the best results.