1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HS2 DVD Recorder & auto 16:9 switching

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by norderney, Jul 6, 2003.

1. norderney

norderney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If I record a programme in 16:9 widescreen and play it back from the hard disk of my Panasonic HS2 DVD Recorder, it automatically switches the TV to 16:9, which is great.

BUT if I edit the recording using Partial Erase and then play the programme it appears as 4:3. I then have to manually set the TV to 16:9 so that I can watch the programme in widescreen.

After editing recordings is there any way of making them switch the TV automatically to 16:9?

Hope you understand what I'm talking about !!!!!!

Andrew Smith

2. norderney

norderney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Anybody got any thoughts on the above posting?

I would really like to know if this is a problem with the Panasonic DVD Recorder or if I have not configured something correctly.

Thanks

Andrew Smith

3. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    My understanding is that all discs made by the HS2 are in the 4:3 format, regardless of the actual picture dimensions (see the specs in the user manual).
    I would therefore guess that the moment you edit a recording, it changes the format to 'standard'.
    A crap explanation, but the best I can come up with...

4. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it something to do with Line 23 WS switching.If you edit the program you may lose the Line 23 signal.
    I'm only guessing here as this signal is not transmitted in all digital formats only cable and DTT - Sky don't use it.