1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HS2 - DVD read problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Miles, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my HS2 for about 10 months now and all working fine but just lately several Films on DVD will not play at all.

I have 5 or 6 titles that refuse to play yet they all play fine on my other Toshiba DVD player. Does anyone know if the HS2 has a reputation for not playing discs? Is it possible that the machine is going faulty? Would any commercial cleaners be of any use?

Hope someone can give some insight

Cheers

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have come across recordings from others that will not play on my hs2, i even have one or 2 that the hs2 itself created that won't play back after finalising successfully. However they all play happily on my tosh 210.
    Others have degraded and won't play on either, so I have thrown about 4 away in the last year.

I suspect it is the quality of the media and how good the recorder is in recovering information from a sub-standard source, and not the hs2