1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic HS2 compatible with Arcam DV27?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tracey, Jun 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Im thinking of getting a DVD recorder but I just wondered how compatible the recorded discs are. I've pretty much narrowed it down to an HS2 because of the large hard drive, but does anyone know if I would be able to play back the discs I record on my DV27?

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    If it's any help at all, all my DVD-R discs recorded on my Panasonic E30 play fine on my Arcam DV88+....sorry, wrong models I know.

3. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Not an exact match either but I can tell you that I can play back DVD-R and DVD+R on my DV27.

These discs were recorded using a SONY PC DVD burner.

I was told by Arcam support that the DV27 does not support DVD+-RW, although if you had the upgrade to DVD-Audio then the new transport mechanism you would also get would then work on RW discs as well.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

4. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies, after thinking about it I'm not sure it would really matter if the discs didn't play back on my DV27 I would only really be recording stuff to watch and then record over again, or maybe transfer some VHS tapes to DVD but even then I coud just play those back on the HS2 and rig it up so that I get stereo sound from my front speakers. Anything I really want to watch again and again I can just buy like I do now. I would probably use it mainly to record on the hard drive anyway. I think I'll probably wait until the price comes down a bit more if it's £600 ish now it will be £400 by Christmas :D

5. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I have both and all of the discs I've recorded on the HS2 play fine.

HTH.

Tom.

6. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds promising then thanks.