Panasonic HS-2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tunes Man, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone out there owns a Panasonic HS-2 dvd recorder and whether or not you use it to download video from a dv camcorder and then edit the video on the hard drive and then burn it onto a blank dvd. A lot of people I've talked to prefer using a PC to edit their footage but I've found that the Panny does an excellant job. If you have both; a Panny and a PC, which do you prefer?
    One of the things I like about the Panny is that it has a firewire connection, which allows you to make an exact copy of the original footage to be edited.
    Give me some feedback! Tunes Man.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    u can pick up a fireware card for your pc was very little money

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Tried to do it on the pc and hit the file size limits so can't load a whole tape in one go. Then couldn't get it to burn the file to a cd, everything said it was working, vcd finalised but nothing on it at all!

Gave up, bought a hs2 and have copied all my tapes to the hard drive and then burnt them straight to dvd-r at near xp quality. If I ever want to extract sections for editing, I can do uit later, and have freed up the tapes for re-use.

Only problem though is a slight pause in the playback every few seconds, only momentary but noticeable.