1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic HS-2 vs panasonic e85?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jon t, Jul 25, 2004.

1. jon t

jon t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, apologies if a similar thread has appeared before, but I'd welcome members opinions on the choice I have facing me.

I currently own a HS-2 I bought it for £500 nearly a tear ago and I've been bvery very happy with it - have archived a good chunk of my vhs and really like it. The thing is I have set my father in law offat the usefullness of this product and as an ex transmission engineer he really wants one now. He was going to buy the e-85 until he found out it doesn't have a DV input, it'd be another 2-300 pounds for the e95. so he decided to get a HS-2 as well. And while there are a few available he offered me a deal which ion the face of it sounds good for both of us. He offered me £400 for my HS-2 ( I also have 2 years left on an extended guarantee) I don't have a need for the dv input at present and its unlikely I will have a need for it.
    I then buy myself an e85 (costs around £430 + if I use my B'card visa I get 1 extra years warranty = the 2 years I had on my HS") I also get an eighty gig HDD as opposed to the 40 I have now. The question is - it seems we both can't lose, but I'd appreciate forum views.