1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Home Cinema System Causes Banding!?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by h3rd13, Jul 12, 2005.

1. h3rd13

h3rd13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I have a system very similar to this SCHT330 (Home Cinema System http://www.panasonic.co.uk/home-cinema-systems/scht330/index.htm) from Panasonic (I Think mine is the previous model).

Basicaly I have noticed when watching DVD's on this system I get vertical banding, sometime diagonal. This is most noticable on darker scenes and does not happen all of the time but around 80% of the time. I did not have this problem before I got sky (Thompson Box) installed, but now even when I disconnect Sky and everything else I have running I still get the banding. I know it is not the screen as Sky and my PS2 do not have this banding problem, just DVD. I have tried two other DVD players and they are fine. I connect to my Plasma box with a gold JVC scart cable. I have tried moving my Panasonic system away from other devices and speakers however this does not seem to solve the problem.

My setup
    42" Techwood Plasma
    SCHT330 Panasonic Home Cinema System (1 sub, 5 speakers)
    Thompson Sky Didgibox
    PS2

Any ideas guys? thanks in advance.