Panasonic Home Cinema SCHT 530

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by cHANMAN, Nov 6, 2005.

1. cHANMAN

cHANMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Just bought the above model, it took a while to set up. I'm not good with this sort of thing the subwoofer doesnt seem to be giving much noise out.

Is this normal or have i missed something.

Cheers

2. daddyp

daddyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set this up for my Dad at his house the other week. If anything the Subwoofer is a bit overpowering if you have the H bass turned on. What kind of volume have you got it set at, as it may just be you haven't got it loud enough for the bass to come through.

Make sure that all the connections are in order and try playing a DVD with a battle seen (Master and Comander, Saving Private Ryan etc) This should throw out some pretty meaty bass. If you are still struggling there is a subwoofer button that can alter the level off bass and there's also the Hbass button. Switch it on but you should make sure that all delicate items are securely fixed as it can be very loud.

Dad has his behind one of his chairs and even that doesn't seem to diminnish the sound at all. If not of this works it could just be faulty.

3. shrek101

shrek101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Are these are good for music too. I want this to be plugged into my HDTV and use as a music player via cd audio/mp3 and radio as well as movies

4. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Chanman, as has already been said, the SCHT 530 belts out bass. Silly question - are all your connections okay? The only other possibility that occurs to me is that you're using the system in a very large room and it's possible the bass is being 'swallowed up'. However, in most normal sized rooms the sound should be pretty meaty.

Curious - why do you want this for an HDTV as it doesn't have the appropriate HD link? However, to answer your question, works fine for music (especially DVD-Audio). It's not the last word in musical fidelity, but at the bargain price, it'd be churlish to complain.