Panasonic Home cinema Model SC-PT 470

outoftouch

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

My 1st dabblle into forums and as my user name suggests, I would consider myself to be somewhat 'outoftouch'.

I am awaiting delivery ( any minute now, I hope) of my first home cinema sytem, a Panasonic model SC-PT 470.

The system is not advertised as bluetooth enabled.

Despte this, my question is :

As this model has a USB and phono type ports/ connections, is there an affordable Bluetooth sender / reciever system, whereby I could transmit / stream music direct from a pc, either into the usb socket or perhaps direct into the phono sockets .

Maybe another alternative might be a through the mains type sender /receiver connection ?

Sorry if this is a thick question, some help / guidance please would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi :hiya:
Welcome to the Forums :)
This might suit your needs
It hooks up to Phono inputs on Amp
PC Streamer

The only thing I suggest is you open the packaging carefully to try it out as with all wireless systems they have the uncanny knack of picking up interference which maybe difficult/impossible to sort out
Nothing worse than interference amplified through sound system
BigCam

Last edited:
How is this system?

I can't seem to find any reviews on it anywhere, this seems to do everything i want and reasonably affordable, £230 at Amazon, but would like to hear first hand from others

Could i hook up the Panasonic BD35 Bluray to this as well as my 360?

How is this system?

I can't seem to find any reviews on it anywhere, this seems to do everything i want and reasonably affordable, £230 at Amazon, but would like to hear first hand from others

Could i hook up the Panasonic BD35 Bluray to this as well as my 360?

if you dont mind some blu-rays with no audio(panasonics systems dont accept DTS over optical, and LPCM from the blu-ray player will be stereo, so all you will get is bog standard dolby 5.1, from an optical connection, and the fact you would have to buy some sort of optical switch for the 360 and blu-ray player to connect to it, as it only has 1 optical input(+ extra optical cables), then yes, you could connect it.

I got one of these units about 2 months ago and have been very happy with the sound and picture quality....top marks to Panasonic!!

However...I went to eject a dvd this morning after my daughter had watched it and it came up with the message 'locked' on the display. All the other controls work ok from the remote etc...it just wont open the tray...any ideas?

I got one of these units about 2 months ago and have been very happy with the sound and picture quality....top marks to Panasonic!!

However...I went to eject a dvd this morning after my daughter had watched it and it came up with the message 'locked' on the display. All the other controls work ok from the remote etc...it just wont open the tray...any ideas?

Hi :hiya:
Welcome to the Forums :)

Try this on the remote press and hold the OK and Return buttons together for about 5-10 seconds
Or with unit on Standby press and hold the Stop button on the unit
If either don't work
Can only suggest you use the contact us option at
Panasonic
state the model number and problem

Let us know how you get on and what option worked
Cheers
BigCam

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel