Panasonic hifi & wireless speaker connection

Baz.W.

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have recently purchased a Panasonic SC-AKX400 HIFI system, I am really pleased with it, the sound is excellent (after some tweaking), but I cannot get my Sony XRS-55 wireless speaker connected to it. I get the speaker and the HIFI unit to start pairing with each other, but they never actually connect.

Any suggestions?

Hi

It can't be done

It's because they, the Panasonic system and sony wireless speaker, have only Bluetooth receivers and therefore will not pair. For what you are trying to do, the Panasonic will need to also to be able to transmit a bluetooth signal.

I have just had a look at the Panasonic manual online and on page 3 in the 'About Bluetooth/ Restriction of use' section, it states (as i thought) 'This system cannot transmit data to a Bluetooth® device'.

Even if it were possible, i cannot fathom a reason why you would.

Though Line of Sight is not 100% required for Bluetooth, its beneficial and lessens the chance of dropouts . Same for walls, doesn't necessarily mean it will block the signal but again lessens the chance of dropouts if one isn't in the way. Range is limited to around 10m (fine for sending audio from a phone, etc ) and would be pointless having both panasonic and Sony in the same room with the panasonic speakers in perfectly good order which i reckon will sound better than the Sony speaker.

So it be interesting to know why you want to do this.

Hi Don Radda,
Thanks for the information, it is most helpful and now I understand why they wont connect to each other.
The reason I wanted to have the wireless speaker connected to the hifi unit was to be able to play cd's through the hifi and listen to them on the speaker when sitting in the garden.
I will just have to download the cd's into my itunes library and play them through my ipad now.
Once again thanks for the help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom