1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scollops, Dec 23, 2003.

1. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Plasma Panasonic TH42PA20BS and SCHT900
    Super Slim DVD Home system. I also have sky.

The question is whats the best way to set these up - at the moment I have a Panasonic Sat Box with SCART to my tv - running in PAL mode as the picture seems to have litle pixelated squares dancing around. PAL seems to clear this up a bit, I have tried adjusting contrast etc to no avail. THe DVD is connected via scart into composite on the back of the TV for progressive set.

Any help with the Sat picture - is this an LNB/recpetion problem ??

Mike

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    Mike

How do you guys manage to blow so much cash on a TV and get so little help from where you bought it from?

SKY to Plasma (for video) - go into the SKY Services menu and in the Picture settings re set your box to RGB with Contrast set to Low and SCART on (remember to Save when you exit the menu). That should give you a much better Sky image.

DVD to Plasma (for Video) - not sure what you believe you have connected but you cant get Progressive anything down a SCART cable and certainly not Progressive Composite video :)

Your DVD player has a set of three RCA phono sockets (Red, Green and Blue) for Component video - get yourself a decent Component video cable and use this connection to hook the player to your PlasmaTV; you will probably have to go into the DVD players menu to set it to output Component video.

PlasmaTV - if you dont have a calibration disc then I'd start off putting the Plasma into 'Cinema' mode for both the Digibox and the DVD player.

Best regards

Joe

3. scollops

scollops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe,

Thanks for the reply - as for help shops these days are geared to sell without the necessary backup - but looks attractive with buy now pay later option. Tend to forget these things - DOH !

SKy to Plasma.
    I already tried putting on RGB - pic looks darker and has pixelation hence setting to PAL. Suspect RGB Port maybe ?
    Tried to pretty good scart cables same thing.

DVD to Plasma
    Cable is scart to 3 phono type leads on plasma - on the DVD you setup up progressive option - progressive displayed whilst watching film - or is it this not correct ? It does light up with "prog" though ?

Need to check this again then - might be fooling me.

Calibration disk - hmm where do I get this from ?

Q. Would the Silicon Image iScan Ultra make any difference - as my plasma has in built tuner etc.

Thanks again - bugger its xmas eve too - have a good christmas and New year.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Not all of them do!