1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Head-Unit to Sony MP3 Player

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Ex Inferis, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Ex Inferis

Ex Inferis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been looking through these forums trying to find a solution to my problem, but I think I'm the only one having it! So, thought I'd take the plunge and sign up in the hope that someone can help me out.

I recently bought a Sony NW-E99 Portable MP3 player on a whim as it was going cheep at a certian high-street store about to close. I justified the purchace with the thought that it'd be easy to hook up to my head-unit. Ha! Goes to show what thinking can do for you! :D

Anyway, I've been trawling the 'net looking for an AV Adaptor which will fit into the CD Changer socket on my Panasonic MR505 Mini Disc head unit, but it seems impossible to get. Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood...all no problem, but Panasonic? Nada.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get such a fabled item?

If it's not available, what else would I be able to do? I've already looked into buying a new head unit, but to be honest, there's nothing nearly as nice as my Panasonic on the market at a reasonable price. I'd really hate to part with it anyway, as it's been good to me!

I have to admit that I've had a fiddle and have managed to hook the Sony up to the Front Pre-Out sockets on the back of the head unit. I get sound through all four front speakers, but can only control the volume from the MP3 player itself. Also, I've no idea what these Pre-Outs are, so I'm not too keen on using this method in case I cause damage.

I've got the following on the back of the head unit if it's any use:

CH.C-In - Which I assume is something to do with the CD Changer?
    Pre-Out, Front and Rear
    S.W-Out - Sub-Woofer, I reckon.

I don't have any amps or a sub-woofer as the head unit is loud enough without these.

Anyho, if anyone has any ideas I'd be greatful! :smashin:

Ex Inferis

2. philthunder

philthunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Here is a post I sent to someone with a Sony hd3 which will help you, also connects2.com or caraudiodirect.co.uk have a range of adaptors which may suit.
    If your head unit does not have an AUX in Maplin do an FM modulator, this cuts off the aerial feed and sends the line out signal to the radio, it helps by cutting off any radio signals so provides a good signal free from interference. They are much better than the FM transmitters which I found are a pile of poo. You have a power switch for the modulator so that normally off ,it sends the aerial feed straight into the radio, power it up and it cuts off the aerial signal and feeds you aux unit into the radio. Works pretty well and they are £30.
    You put your aerial feed into the modulator and the output from the modulator into the radio, two phono plugs into the modulator from your ipod sony etc. (you will need a phono to 3.5 jack cable in most cases) and power via supplied switch to turn it on and off.
    Set your NW HD3 to line out Tune in the radio to the set frequency and add it to a preset.