• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

panasonic hdmi/hdavi control

richierich-not

Standard Member
hello everyone
has anybody with a panasonic scht855 `all-in-one` system managed to get their `hdavi` control working via hdmi cable?
if so have you got sky and how did you configure?
am currently running it via component out and sky sound via standard rca cables.
dvd playback via hdmi is excellent-but as soon as sky comes into the equation.....dvd playback goes downhill rapidly and sky has sound but no picture..i`ve took hdmi cable out for the time being but it seems a shame,especially with dvd playback being so good... any ideas,please?
thanks

NatD

Established Member
richierich-not said:
hello everyone
has anybody with a panasonic scht855 `all-in-one` system managed to get their `hdavi` control working via hdmi cable?
if so have you got sky and how did you configure?
am currently running it via component out and sky sound via standard rca cables.
dvd playback via hdmi is excellent-but as soon as sky comes into the equation.....dvd playback goes downhill rapidly and sky has sound but no picture..i`ve took hdmi cable out for the time being but it seems a shame,especially with dvd playback being so good... any ideas,please?
thanks

Hi - by far I am not an expert, but I am looking into getting a Panasonic LCD TV and I want the SC HT855 system. I have checked, and the 855 has an opctical input.

The back of the Sky should have an Optical Output, and I guess this should be the easiest way to put the sound from Sky through your system. I have just asked this question in another Thread, but if you could check it, and let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

xbox

Standard Member
Hi,

Could you let us know if the package comes with a sub, or it just 5 speakers?

richierich-not

Standard Member
NatD said:
Hi - by far I am not an expert, but I am looking into getting a Panasonic LCD TV and I want the SC HT855 system. I have checked, and the 855 has an opctical input.

The back of the Sky should have an Optical Output, and I guess this should be the easiest way to put the sound from Sky through your system. I have just asked this question in another Thread, but if you could check it, and let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

hi
my sky box hasn`t got an optical out-is that on sky plus? got my sound sorted via rca leads from receiver to sky.
still can`t use hdmi cable with anything else connected tho-think i`ll dismantle the lot and start again!
still messing around with position of sub, but sound excellent recommended!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom