Panasonic HDD query?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StevieC, Dec 4, 2004.

1. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the HDD advantage of the Panasonic E85 over the E55 which doesn't have a HDD??

I was going to go for the Panasonic SC-HT25R package but wondered what advantages/features I would get if I paid the extra £300 for the SC-HT37R package?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    There are several benefits:

1) You record onto the HDD (and thus have all the DVD-RAM like features of editting, playlists and timeslip) but can still dub to highly compatible DVD-R.

2) Due to the larger capacity you can record in the highest possible quality onto the HDD, edit and then dub to DVD-R with the maximum possible bitrate given the running time of your editted recording.

3) No need to hunt around for disks

3. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So with the E55 I can edit recordings on the DVD-RAM but once edited I have no way of transferring it to the cheaper DVD-R so therefore have to spend more on DVD-RAM disks?

Could I use a PC to transfer from DVD-RAM to DVD-R .. or is this too much of a long route for a shortcut?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Yes - see the sticky thread at the top of this forum - PC GUIDE: DVD-RAM To DVD-R".