Panasonic HDC-SD90 Video Quality

gg13533

Recently purchased the SD90 and generally very happy with it. However was trying it out on some indoor shots and the reds appear way off - very bright red. Changed from iA to manual and selected white balance Indoor1 which improved it but still not realistic. Any thoughts?

PhilipL

Hi

Recently purchased the SD90 and generally very happy with it. However was trying it out on some indoor shots and the reds appear way off - very bright red. Changed from iA to manual and selected white balance Indoor1 which improved it but still not realistic. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately colours tend to get less accurate in dim lighting. Does it have a colour night mode? If yes that will certainly boost the image but doesn't work well if there is lots of movement or action in the shot.

Regards

Phil

gg13533

Thanks Phil.

Although it was an inside shot, due to the bright sunshine, the room was very light, so was somewhat surprised about the noticeable differences in the reds and to some extent other colours as well.

Just wondered if there was something I should have set differently or whether it was faulty or not as I could easily take it back to JohnLewis if necessary. It does have a Night mode which I haven't used yet.

peggle

I would say my SD90 is pretty acurate on colours indoors & out.

But I do adjust my TV for realistic skin tones and JUST fully saturated prime colours. Most people with ny Philips 9705 TV set their colour to 50ish. Mine is 26.

gg13533

The garish reds are visible on the camcorder screen and also when loaded into iMovie.

It's putting me off somewhat as I have to video a friends wedding soon and the theme colour is red!!

butter1093

Standard Member
Most camcorders do a good job in bright sunlight outside. However, camcorders that have larger video sensors perform better than camcorders with smaller ones, especially in low light. Poor low light performance is the number one complaint of people buying camcorders. May be you can make a better choice to get a tm900.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom