Panasonic HDC-SD60 .mts and HD Writer ae 2.0 problem!

DickyArt

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, sorry to go on but new to this....
My sons HDC-SD60 takes very good quality videos and the sound is good also. The image stabilizer is 2000% better than my Samsung SMX-K40.:eek:

But recently the HD Writer ae 2.0 won't see or play mts files. :(
I also noticed the earlier files saved on the laptop are m2ts files which HD Writer plays and can see on the SD card.

All the earlier m2ts files still on the sd card are transferable and watchable! Only the mts files cannot be found by or viewed by HD Writer!

I'm at a loss. I have had to use the laptops card reader and windows explorer to transfer the mts files and use another app to view!

Laptop is Dell Centrino running vista (yeah isn't it great ....not) and plays the video perfectly with other editor/viewers. I can't find anything on the camera settings to indicate why files are .mts and not m2ts.

Any advice would be most welcome...thanks

Rich

Since you can drag them directly on to your computer I am not sure why you need HD Writer.

Since you can drag them directly on to your computer I am not sure why you need HD Writer.
Because I cannot view or edit the .mts files in HD Writer and I should be able to view and edit using it.
The free viewer/convertors I've tried allow viewing but not editing, you have to register and pay!

Anyone know why the files are now .mts and not .m2ts from the HDC-SD60?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom